Worlds first lowered Lucid Air Dream…… I think

I talked my boss (who had a fleet of Ferraris) into buying one. He didn't like it for several reasons and began lending it to me for the weekends. I ended up buying it, in part because I felt guilty for pressing him to buy it. It had a raucous exhaust note, the gull wings were kinda cool if sometimes less than convenient, and it certainly had some wow factor. But its handling was too edgy, the seat side bolsters were too tight (you picked the width when you ordered the seats), and the interior was not the best. It even had the switchgear right out of my MB SL55 AMG. I found the Audi R8 that replaced it a much better sports car.
Interesting. The Audi R8 was influenced by Ferdinand Piech, who believes in utmost perfection through engineering. Take the phaeton, which had to drive ridiculously well at autobahn speeds(driving at 186 mph nonstop for 24 hours, while keeping the interior temperature at 72 degrees with the temp outside being 122). The R8 is beautiful in the engineering regard, up there with the Air. Still an aspirational first car for me if used prices drop, especially for an first gen v10.

On the other hand, the SLR mclaren was “engineered“ by mclaren, so for that mercedes and mclaren still have debates over who should be allowed to license it. Your boss had ferraris, which back then actually drove quite nicely for the price(360 CS existed in that era) while still being comfortable. Maybe it is like how some people want a comfortable, but still fast car that doesnt try to be a shaking, rattling race car.

Maybe that is why we all end up at the lucid? It certainly is a comfortable but still fast car..

I am curious, what are all the reasons your boss didnt like it? For me, it is a “when you meet your heroes” moment, lol.

Regardless, back on topic!

The rubber air foils ahead of the front wheels only have 3 1/8" grounds clearance at standard ride height, and they tear off rather easily.

This is how Lucid gets you. Every week or so you have to buy new rubbers...like HP ink cartridges.

This is how Lucid gets you. Every week or so you have to buy new rubbers...like HP ink cartridges.

I bought a pair to keep in my garage, as they're easy to replace yourself. That must have broken the curse. After a year and a half, they're still lying unused in a cabinet. And they cost a lot less than an HP ink cartridge. If I remember, I paid $11 apiece for the air foils.

I am curious, what are all the reasons your boss didnt like it? For me, it is a “when you meet your heroes” moment, lol.

He tracked most of his Ferraris, and he didn't like the SLR on the track.

I bought a pair to keep in my garage, as they're easy to replace yourself. That must have broken the curse. After a year and a half, they're still lying unused in a cabinet. And they cost a lot less than an HP ink cartridge. If I remember, I paid $11 apiece for the air foils.
I was able to back-track to the scene of the crime and found one, the other was just hanging by the front tabs.
My solution:
1694400709855.jpeg

Yes I am definitely going to get more...I seem to have lost all the rear fasteners...some kind of push pin ?

Very glad they are rubber and fall off ... clever engineering ... maybe they need a leash?

Last edited:
I was able to back-track to the scene of the crime and found one, the other was just hanging by the front tabs.
My solution:
View attachment 14813

Yes I am definitely going to get more...I seem to have lost all the rear fasteners...some kind of push pin ?

Very glad they are rubber and fall off ... clever engineering ... maybe they need a leash?

Two of mine came off and disappeared altogether. The third was hanging by the front tabs, just like yours.

And yep, they just attach at the rear with plastic push pins. They're very easy to replace other than being so close to the ground.

You need to buy them in pairs, though, as they are asymmetrical.

I'm at a point in my life where I don't have to buy new rubbers every week. :)

That said, in all seriousness, I haven't lost one in a long time, possibly because I just got better at handling my driveway.

Maybe we should start a "Driveway picture thread," I am genuinely curious on how steep of a incline is needed for the rubbers to come off.

I’ve loved this car but it’s always felt too high for me. I’ve tried for a year to find someone to help me get this thing to a good height but no one was interested till I got in touch with Eibach they were kind enough to do some R&D and make a perfect spring for it. I’ve driven it for a few thousand miles and love the ride quality and height! Springs should be out in a few months View attachment 14748
Just try not to go overboard. :)

I think there's another car out there lower than even that Dream! I had to take a pic!

Attachments

• 20231031_112915.jpg
    20231031_112915.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 75
Perhaps you will like this Lucid Air?

View attachment 16008
I actually do find @mylucidmiami s lucid to look very good. The design goes with the numerous aspects of the cars, and I like the black with bold lime accents. It calls attention to the cars features, not destroy them like the accord.

Then again, my taste is weird in that I think the BMW XM and i7 are beautiful.
1698787511138.png

Back