SaratogaLefty

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
Dream Edition P 21"
DE Number
Referral Code
YA7XYHFV
Here are some videos showing how my Waze is now acting since I upgraded to 2.1.33. Have tried disconnecting CarPlay and reconnecting but still keeps zooming and out and it is too distracting to use.

apparently a five second video is too large to add??

I consistently had this problem until today. Only thing I think that changed was iPhone updated to iOS 17.1.1 last night. Waze is running V4.99 (but that was updated 2 days ago and I had the problem then. So perhaps the iOS update addressed this issue.

I’ve had the same issue with Google Maps the past few weeks. I haven’t tested since the latest release tho.

I consistently had this problem until today. Only thing I think that changed was iPhone updated to iOS 17.1.1 last night. Waze is running V4.99 (but that was updated 2 days ago and I had the problem then. So perhaps the iOS update addressed this issue.
I am on 17.1.1 IOS and also V4.99 Waze App. Still having the problem with the pulsing.

And now my Lucid Widget keeps disappearing from my iPhone 14 Max Pro?? Easy enough to bring it back but then after a while it disappears again. This plus the Waze pulsing all started after 2.1.33 so its hard to believe that is just a coincidence???

And now my Lucid Widget keeps disappearing from my iPhone 14 Max Pro?? Easy enough to bring it back but then after a while it disappears again. This plus the Waze pulsing all started after 2.1.33 so its hard to believe that is just a coincidence???
It’s not. I think this latest app has some issues. And Apple has been messing around a lot with iOS 17, so it’s possible some small change in the OS is having strange effects on the app.

Hoping for an app update soon to address both issues.

Still having problems after updating to 17.1.1, does your phone use the car's GPS when using CarPlay or something? I don't know how it would be related to the car's software otherwise.

Still having problems after updating to 17.1.1, does your phone use the car's GPS when using CarPlay or something? I don't know how it would be related to the car's software otherwise.
Yes. When using CarPlay, the phone does use the car’s GPS, not the phone’s.

The reason why is simple when you think about it. If it used the phone, and you placed your phone sideways, or left it in your pocket, the orientation of the maps would be different from that of the car. So CarPlay uses the car as its source of truth as far as where you are located and in which direction you are pointed.

Yes. When using CarPlay, the phone does use the car’s GPS, not the phone’s.

The reason why is simple when you think about it. If it used the phone, and you placed your phone sideways, or left it in your pocket, the orientation of the maps would be different from that of the car. So CarPlay uses the car as its source of truth as far as where you are located and in which direction you are pointed.
Odd because phone orientation information does not come from GPS, it comes from a gyro sensor in the phone.

Odd because phone orientation information does not come from GPS, it comes from a gyro sensor in the phone.
If the phone is in your pocket, it has no line of sight to the satellite. Its ability to do accurate GPS in that situation is therefore limited. Just as it is whenever you are indoors. The phone compensates for this by using triangulated WiFi and Cellular info, etc. But the car is going to be in a much better position to see exactly where you are and which way you are going.

According to the CarPlay spec, wireless CarPlay requires data from the car for GPS.

If the phone is in your pocket, it has no line of sight to the satellite. Its ability to do accurate GPS in that situation is therefore limited. Just as it is whenever you are indoors. The phone compensates for this by using triangulated WiFi and Cellular info, etc. But the car is going to be in a much better position to see exactly where you are and which way you are going.

According to the CarPlay spec, wireless CarPlay requires data from the car for GPS.
Good to know

Just wanted to remind folks that this forum is not a part of Lucid. If you haven’t already reported these GPS issues to Customer Care, please do. They need to know about this from as many customers as possible.

Just wanted to remind folks that this forum is not a part of Lucid. If you haven’t already reported these GPS issues to Customer Care, please do. They need to know about this from as many customers as possible.
Did that several days ago and got the generic response below. Would be nice if they could at least acknowledge what are known reproducible issues.

Thank you for providing us with this feedback. I have relayed this information to our Software team so that they look into this issue and possibly implement a fix in the future.

Well hopefully they are monitoring this posting and perhaps they will issue a fix soon.

I haven't tried the Logo Reset yet. I'm wondering if anybody who has had the Waze pulsing problem has tried it???

Back