Wiper blade replacements

martinmeyer

Cars
2022 Lucid Air Grand Tour
Does anyone know the size or model of the windshield wiper blades? I need to replace mine, but there's no detail in the user manual about their sizes. I've tried looking it up on Autozone and Advanced Auto Parts websites, but they have no data either.

I've had mine replaced at the service center. It would be good to be able to do it myself tho. $150 at the SC.

Bosch and Michelin do not list replacement blades.

I grabbed a measuring tape and found that the blades are 25.5" (driver's) and 19.5" (passenger's). That's... not a whole number of inches, which is confusing.

I'm not up for paying $150 for something so basic as changing wiper blades. Lucid isn't a wiper blade manufacturer, they must get these from _somewhere_. Maybe I'll just buy a Bosch wiper blade size 25 or 26 and see if it fits the driver's side.

I grabbed a measuring tape and found that the blades are 25.5" (driver's) and 19.5" (passenger's). That's... not a whole number of inches, which is confusing...
Likely 500mm and 650mm. No wiper manufacturer is going to be making things in inches.

I grabbed a measuring tape and found that the blades are 25.5" (driver's) and 19.5" (passenger's). That's... not a whole number of inches, which is confusing.

I'm not up for paying $150 for something so basic as changing wiper blades. Lucid isn't a wiper blade manufacturer, they must get these from _somewhere_. Maybe I'll just buy a Bosch wiper blade size 25 or 26 and see if it fits the driver's side.
The wiper blades in the Lucid don't work like wiper blades that I've had in any other car. The washer fluid comes in through the blade, or something holding the blade, rather than being sprayed on the whole window and having the blades wipe it off. So maybe Lucid is replacing the whole assembly and that's why it's $150.

I've had mine replaced at the service center. It would be good to be able to do it myself tho. $150 at the SC.
Pretty sure that's for the entire wiper arm assembly. When my blades were replaced at my 1 year service, the drive side blade was $16.90 and the passenger side blade was $16.51.

Am I the only one that things the stock wipers don't do a good job? Just went through a bunch of rain and the first wipe to the left of the windshield clears the view but the wipe back down to the hood makes the windshield so blurry. Wondering if different blades did the job for anyone before I go out and replace mine.

Am I the only one that things the stock wipers don't do a good job? Just went through a bunch of rain and the first wipe to the left of the windshield clears the view but the wipe back down to the hood makes the windshield so blurry. Wondering if different blades did the job for anyone before I go out and replace mine.
The stock blades have been great for the few rain storms we've had. When I first used them, it was weird because they are heated.

That was my experience, as well. However, I just had them replaced last week but have not had rain yet. Will try using the wiper dispenser to see if the return wipe clears as well as the outgoing one.

Actually, I think they are great. Have you truly cleaned them? You need to lift them and use a soap or APC solution and a course cloth to get road oil and grime off of them. Scrub the rubber edge. Washed wife's new Audi today and I was surprised at the oil and dirt that came off the blade and rubber when I cleaned it with a cotton cloth and APC.

And using a hydrophobic coating works wonders.

You cannot use different blades on a Lucid.

Actually, I think they are great. Have you truly cleaned them? You need to lift them and use a soap or APC solution and a course cloth to get road oil and grime off of them. Scrub the rubber edge. Washed wife's new Audi today and I was surprised at the oil and dirt that came off the blade and rubber when I cleaned it with a cotton cloth and APC.

And using a hydrophobic coating works wonders.

You cannot use different blades on a Lucid.
Thank you! They weren't very good right off the bat, the rains here in CA went pretty hard about a week after I got the car (it had 25 miles on it). I'll try cleaning them and see if that does anything.

Thank you! They weren't very good right off the bat, the rains here in CA went pretty hard about a week after I got the car (it had 25 miles on it). I'll try cleaning them and see if that does anything.
Who knows, there are so many factors with wipers and windshields. I am shocked at the thin clear road oil-pollution coating on my cars sometimes. And few people actually really clean the live edge of wiper blades. And with hidden wiper blades, it can be real pain. You should get a black streak on your cloth when cleaning. That's a good thing, means you are taking of grime and oxidized rubber compound. I have used isopropyl alcohol to clean them as well. Same for the windshield to really get off oil scum.

Back