Which charger to buy

davidilan

New owner here: My wife has a Tesla (with only the portable power cord) and I just ordered a Lucid. I get $1,000 credit towards a Lucid charger......Which should I get? Thanks.

New owner here: My wife has a Tesla (with only the portable power cord) and I just ordered a Lucid. I get $1,000 credit towards a Lucid charger......Which should I get? Thanks.
Lucid Wall Charger by far is your best option between the two. It is more “robust” so long as you hard wire EVSE to 100A service breaker to maximize power to charge the Lucid Air.

At $1000 off, it's a no brainer for hardwiring Lucid's charger. A 100 amp circuit would be great, but it'll work well on a lower-amp circuit as well. Mine is on a 60 amp circuit that I reused after removing a Tesla charger.

Or you could hardwire Tesla's universal charger that has an adapter for non Tesla vehicles.

With a $1,000 off, the lucid charger is your best bet. All other options will cost you more. Just be smart on the installation with the electrician. 100 amp wired is the best but may cost a lot depending on your home panel. I would consider usjng the lucid charger at lower amps like 60 amps if it is much cheaper for the install.

I have a chargepoint home flex on 40 amp circuit because it was easier to install a 240 outlet outside for my son’s electric car. Works great.

I'd echo others and say go with the Lucid charger. To the extent you have the capacity on your panel to go with 100A, you can easily charge 2+ cars quickly. Can also adjust downward accordingly if you just want to swap out an existing charger.

Cable charger that comes with the car works great for me, but I'd go for the connected Lucid charger for the V2H capability if/when that ever happens. An Air GT is about 6 Tesla Powerwall's on wheels. ;)

Get the Lucid home charger with the $1000 off.

Back