Where are the updates!?

For avid users of the native UI, especially navigation, there are some nice new bells and whistles. I use CarPlay 100% of the time so those don’t apply to me.

EDITED: Turning off passive locking leaves the car unlocked, and it leaves everything turned on, like air conditioning, lights, etc. It does turn everything off but leaves the doors unlocked after 8-10 minutes. So, if you are home or in a safe place, just walk away. If you are out and want to lock the car, press the handle. Geofencing would be nice for this!

I do like the “warning only” for lane keeping assist because I find it way too aggressive when it corrects.

I have used the Max AC function several times and I find it works well.

I was excited to use Easy Entry, since two of my other cars have that feature and I find it useful. Unfortunately, the rearward position is not programmable and the seat slides all the way back. I actually find it harder to get in and out of the car when the seat is all the way back on its tracks. The seat knows to return to its programmed position when it senses a tap on the brake pedal. I fear anybody under about 5’5” would not even be able to reach the brake pedal from that rearward position!

The ability to control audio volume for the phone, navigation, and audio separately seems like a welcome addition… But it does not work for CarPlay.

In sum, there are some nice new features in this update. That said, they did not add any of the top requested features (Android Auto, sentry mode, dog mode, upper versus lower screen customization, Homelink menu improvements) and chose not to address the largest and most reported bugs (issues with mobile key, inaccurate miles remaining read out, camera/LIDAR blocked warnings, slow camera boot up).
Great summary! Ok, so I will tamp down on my expectations and will take it as incremental improvements. Happy that the OTA drought is almost over for most of us.

Just received v 2.0.71, a quick 5 minute update
Were you on a trial version of DDPro and if so, did the trial expire after update?

The details of the update seem rather vague

My car has not updated to 2.1.2 yet, but last week it began having very frequent delay issues with the 360 degree camera view. Never had them before in 9 months of ownership. So the 360-cam delay isn't necessarily tied to the 2.1.2 release.
The exact same thing happened to me last week with the 360 degree camera, and today was the first time I have had to press play sometimes to have my music start (Tidal). Also, for some bizarre reason the trunk would not close via the fob or the pilot panel "openings" button, even after several types of resets. I had to manually close it, but it worked fine after I left the car parked and locked for about two hours. I also just got the 2.0.71 update tonight.

The exact same thing happened to me last week with the 360 degree camera, and today was the first time I have had to press play sometimes to have my music start (Tidal). Also, for some bizarre reason the trunk would not close via the fob or the pilot panel "openings" button, even after several types of resets. I had to manually close it, but it worked fine after I left the car parked and locked for about two hours. I also just got the 2.0.71 update tonight.
Was the trunk open for >10 min prior to needing to be closed manually? If so, this is the intended (albeit odd) behavior.

Was the trunk open for >10 min prior to needing to be closed manually? If so, this is the intended (albeit odd) behavior.
You got me there. The problem was that after I manually closed it, I could only open/close it manually for the next hour or two. It was only after sitting for a couple hours that the fob or openings option would work - which I have had no problems with since.

You got me there. The problem was that after I manually closed it, I could only open/close it manually for the next hour or two. It was only after sitting for a couple hours that the fob or openings option would work - which I have had no problems with since.
It not working after being manually closed is unusual. It not closing except via manual close after being open for 10 minutes is an intended feature, Lucid has said.

I had issues with the 360 camera at delivery (fixed before I left the showroom) and after my first update - don't recall which update though. Required a trip to the service center for recalibration. I have gone through several updates without issues but I still hold my breath the first time I back out of the garage after an update. It seems like the 360 camera software is particularly vulnerable? Work in progress I hope.

Back