Wheel Touch-up Paint Color Match

LucidJazz

Verified Owner
Cars
2023 Lucid Air Touring
Has anyone found a color match silver spray paint for Lucid silver wheels? I need to repair some minor curb rash.

Have not. I contacted Lucid and they did not have the info. They suggested going to one of their approved body shops. Two hours away from me!

I had the same issue. No need to paint if silver rims. Use sand paper from course to fine then finish it off with a metal polishing paste. In my photo of before and after, I did not use a metal polisher yet. It looks good enough to me so didn’t even bother polishing it. Took me about 10 mins. Hope this helps!

Attachments

• IMG_2219.jpeg
    IMG_2219.jpeg
    142.9 KB · Views: 184
I had the same issue. No need to paint if silver rims. Use sand paper from course to fine then finish it off with a metal polishing paste. In my photo of before and after, I did not use a metal polisher yet. It looks good enough to me so didn’t even bother polishing it. Took me about 10 mins. Hope this helps!
Thanks for posting this. I just scraped a wheel yesterday and planned to take it to a wheel shop for the repair. I’m now going to try your method first.

Thank you. Will try it.

I have the 20” rims. They look like a dark silver and have the aero inserts. Is that what you polished?

I have the 20” rims. They look like a dark silver and have the aero inserts. Is that what you polished?
It looks like you have stealth. I would take extreme care and NOT sand them, as there is a possibility it would remove the dark finish.

Apologies in advance for the silly Questions!

I just got the exact same rash today on my 3 day old Air Pure :). Wish the car had dream drive premium with 360 views in the stock inventory that I picked.

What kinda sandpaper do you recommend (you mentioned rough to fine) ??? Also did you take the wheel off, used a sand paper gun or just manually used the sandpaper?

Apologies in advance for the silly Questions!

I just got the exact same rash today on my 3 day old Air Pure :). Wish the car had dream drive premium with 360 views in the stock inventory that I picked.

What kinda sandpaper do you recommend (you mentioned rough to fine) ??? Also did you take the wheel off, used a sand paper gun or just manually used the sandpaper?
Same question here

Can you let me know what grades sandpaper you used for rough and fine? I have a much smaller but similar curb rash as yours. Thanks

Back