What's with the light colored carpets?

39FAABD9-A24D-4396-A44E-15A5619EBE2D.jpeg

Beige with tahoe interior. Zero smell.

Of course, we don't have snow and mud where I live, but we get a lot of rain which means climbing back into cars with wet shoes from oily parking lots. I've been surprised at how well the light Dream carpets are holding up. Not just dirt, but what look like stains actually vacuum out easily. Our car now has almost 4,500 miles on it, and the carpets still look new. They must have some killer stain repellent treatment on them.

I'm sure they will start to diminish in appearance at some point. If it takes a lot longer, I'll just order Santa Monica replacement mats from Lucid, as I really like their look. If they don't hold up as long as I'd like, I'll buy a set of Mojave mats, which I think should go nicely with the darker door trim of the Dream. (I definitely won't go aftermarket for mats, as the Lucid mats are plush and beautifully trimmed.)
We bought grey Lucid mats which happen to match the fronts seats for the wetter months. I’m about to change back to the light color ones which are a stunning look.
138F723B-92FA-4190-BD0B-69433568852A.jpeg
D4A5B2A3-75BF-4C2F-B255-EC20BE7168F3.jpeg

I asked for the same thing, to be able to buy an extra set, and was told “no”.

All this ” having to know someone” to get quality customer service is not great. We have to “know someone” to get an extra set of mats. You have to know someone to get the latest software update. I also asked for touch up paint and was told it wasn’t available, must have to “know someone”.

Last edited:

All this ” having to know someone” to get anything, extra set of mats, software updates, etc, just makes me think this car is not for me if customer service has to be so elite and hard to get.
Nah, it's more like, if you do it through the proper channels i.e. Customer Service then they will add you to the list and you can get it later when it's "available", but if you know your service guys, they can request parts A LOT easier from the factory. Also, the software updates have ALWAYS rolled out in waves so you don't have to know anyone, just need to exercise the patience of your update wave. Isn't it that way for all OTA from every manufacturer?

They will, you just have to know someone *wink*

All this ” having to know someone” to get anything, extra set of mats, software updates, etc, just makes me think this car is not for me if customer service has to be so elite and hard to get.
Everyone buying this car is a VIP. We requested them very early on and they had some stock. If they stopped selling them I think it’s bc they ran too low. I honestly don’t know anyone there. In my case it was timing.

Has anyone had trouble with the driver's floor mat becoming detached from the Velcro anchors and sliding forward?

This used to happen constantly in our first Tesla which used the same anchoring method. I'm surprised Lucid went with the same approach.

Go to the hardware store and buy extra Velcro to place under the mat.

It might not be that simple. The bottom tab of Velcro has to be sewn or otherwise attached to the floor carpet. An adhesive won't hold.

The Lucid has three round tabs attached to the carpet via a central spike that pierces the carpet. The forward tab (in the left corner) pulled loose from the carpet but stayed attached to the floor mat. This puts too much stress on the other two attachment points, which constantly let go.

The larger issue is why Lucid would not use a more reliable attachment method, such as the hooks in our Honda Odyssey, rather than leave it up to the owner to jury-rig a fix.

Last edited:
Back