what's this square rubber grommet under the silver trim on top of the passenger side headlight?

mxp

Reaction score
Cars
2024 Air Pure base, SSP
Referral Code
L80XM3GF
Hi,
Can someone pls help me check if this exist on your vehicle?
There is this square rubber grommet, under the silver trim for the passenger side headlight housing (directly on top of the 2nd LED from corner) .
See pic.

Note: This rubber grommet does not exist on the driver's side, and the silver trim is almost touching the headlight housing.

Attachments

• IMG_7221.webp
    IMG_7221.webp
    500.8 KB · Views: 93
I thought I had looked at my car carefully, but I guess not. I'm just amazed you found that and noticed it was different than the other side.

Interesting, I have it on both the sides on both of my 23 Pures. In fact, my second Pure had it missing on the driver side and at speeds above 60mph, it caused a strange air vibration noise. Once the mobile service team installed the square foam in, the noise stopped.

I had assumed every car had it to control airflow.

Reactions: mxp
Interesting, I have it on both the sides on both of my 23 Pures. In fact, my second Pure had it missing on the driver side and at speeds above 60mph, it caused a strange air vibration noise. Once the mobile service team installed the square foam in, the noise stopped.

I had assumed every car had it to control airflow.

Thank you so much for your observations! I know what to do now....
I do really appreciate it!

Back