What would you like to see from the Lucid mobile app?

Welcome home!!
Almost….
Now -9% in 20 days. I was concerned it may drain too fast, but looks like holding up well. I woke her up 6 times so far.

Almost….
Now -9% in 20 days. I was concerned it may drain too fast, but looks like holding up well. I woke her up 6 times so far.
I feel that everytime you wake the car up is like 0.4%

Being a Software Dev, if the car has bluetooth and is awaiting connection from the device, then it could cause phantom drain because as we know, the way Bluetooth works is that it 'seeks' until something comes near that it can connect with. If it turns off, it will then need some event to initiate the functionality to turn on and pair/connect to your device, maybe this is where the NFC can come in where if you get close to the car, you wave your phone at the driver pillar and then it will pair or connect to the phone via bluetooth and then you can control it? Idk just a thought, but this has to work seamlessly without causing unnecessary battery usage. Unless the drain is negligible, then who cares
The car uses BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) which takes micro watts of power, unlike regular Bluetooth. BLE senses when you are near the vehicle and can then fire up the regular Bluetooth, if necessary. NFC would require you make contact with the car.

The ability to add a waypoint nav search like it is enabled on the in car nav now. Also being able to push a part on thr map and set that as destination in the app.

I would like eventually pilot screen let me watch YouTube or Netflix while I’m at charging station getting massage.

I would like eventually pilot screen let me watch YouTube or Netflix while I’m at charging station getting massage.
Oh mobile app. Wrong posting thread….

Ugh, no, not on the app, and not on the pilot screen... use your phone for that... too easy to have a Tesla moment and find that the feature is active while driving... just say no...

Ugh, no, not on the app, and not on the pilot screen... use your phone for that... too easy to have a Tesla moment and find that the feature is active while driving... just say no...
I disagree, the apps can easily be disabled when car is in motion. If you have a larger screen than your phone in front of you then make use of it with Netflix, YouTube etc.

I disagree, the apps can easily be disabled when car is in motion. If you have a larger screen than your phone in front of you then make use of it with Netflix, YouTube etc.
I've used YouTube and Netflix a total of twice in my Tesla. The connection ends up being so slow via the car compared to my phone that I just use that instead if I'm sitting in my car for a long time. Not to mention, the crappy web app interfaces they built for both in the Tesla OS is not worth it.

Also, the Lucid Pilot Panel is portrait, not landscape. So videos would play smaller than an iPad, anyway.

I'd put this on page 65 on Lucid's priority list.

I've used YouTube and Netflix a total of twice in my Tesla. The connection ends up being so slow via the car compared to my phone that I just use that instead if I'm sitting in my car for a long time. Not to mention, the crappy web app interfaces they built for both in the Tesla OS is not worth it.

Also, the Lucid Pilot Panel is portrait, not landscape. So videos would play smaller than an iPad, anyway.

Now I just brought up my memory. Last year when I Turo Model-X, frustrated waiting in long line at Supercharging station, I brought up Netflix to kill my time, twice it lagged out and eventually black screen on me, so I gave up. I called owner of car, he said Tesla software does crash from time to time. So I gave up, I started web browsing. It was slow as well too. I was at Maddisonville, Texas. It’s a small city, shouldn’t be desolate with poor internet connection. At that time, I thought 2019 ModelX just need more software update. I ended up karaoke to entertain myself.

Can you monitor your car from your phone, like activating cameras from your phone.

Can you monitor your car from your phone, like activating cameras from your phone.
You can track charging progress, locate your car being borrowed, turn many features on/off, climate control and navigate and set next destination. Cameras option isn’t there, maybe down the road.

I like to see energy consumption chart for last 30 miles or 50 miles being plotted. Whether in dash or on Lucid mobile app. It is a great high tech bell and whistle to impress ICE drivers.

it would be nice to open the app without waking up the car. sometimes i just want to track where i parked or recall how many miles i have left or check the last charging session. waking the car seems a bit unnecessary.
I don't grok this one, could you clarify? The app can't know where the car is without asking it (another driver may have moved it, etc). The same basic problem exists for other items listed (another driver could have charged it, etc).

I can see having a sophisticated multi-states of "awake" might make sense... things like being able to query basic status, but not get the car ready to use... this might also just be over complication.

I could see states such as:
- deep sleep (only listening for network shoulder taps and timed events)
- drowsy (can tell the net about itself, but not getting ready to drive, etc)
- preparing to drive/charge/etc (warming/cool battery and interior)
- unlocked, all systems go to drive

With such a list I could see the app being able to set the car's state, including telling it to immediately go into deep sleep.

I don't grok this one, could you clarify? The app can't know where the car is without asking it (another driver may have moved it, etc). The same basic problem exists for other items listed (another driver could have charged it, etc).

I can see having a sophisticated multi-states of "awake" might make sense... things like being able to query basic status, but not get the car ready to use... this might also just be over complication.

With such a list I could see the app being able to set the car's state, including telling it to immediately go into deep sleep.
The car could send a status update to Lucid's cloud at set intervals (or when something changes) and then the App gets the info from the cloud without needing to ping the car every time you go in. When you trigger an action in the App is when it could wake the car up.

Pretty much what hc_79 said. If lucid sends data to mothership at a preset time interval, there's no reason to wake up the car. The user can wake it up to get the most accurate information but in most cases older data is good enough.

REMOTE ACTIVATION BUTTON thru app

Since this car does not have “start” button, the cold start is done by stepping on brake then wait for all screens to light up. Let user do that part in advance before getting into the car can solve that issue for people say wait is too long.

SLEEP (DEACTIVATION) BUTTON thru app

Conversely, a force sleep instead of letting car figure out if someone or fob is in proximity to shut down and/or BMS determine from time to take care of battery life. Just apply a force deep sleep to reduce “phantom drain”.

Back