What, so NOW you can design a Pure RWD with Santa Cruz Leather and MASSAGING SEATS!?!?

Well that’s annoying. I just picked up my pure awd last week. If I knew I could get a rwd pure with nice seats and amenities, there is a good chance I might have done that instead. I knew pure rwd was on the way, but had incorrectly assumed it wouldn’t have more quality of life features compared to the pure awd. Frustrating.

But it does make sense for them de-couple performance and luxury. There are people (like me) who want the nice amenities without paying for the huge performance. I think Mercedes and BMW do this pretty well.
I’ll take performance over amenities any day of the week.

Now I pose the question: should the pure's price be slightly decreased? The model s has ventilated front seats at 77k.

And yes, I know how much better the pure is in every single area. However, most general consumers won't care about efficiency(to them, the model s has the same range as the pure although it has more battery) or materials/build quality, at least until they get their car. To them, the model s also has a glass roof, "better technology," superchargers, and more hp.

To be clear, I am not saying the pure is lacking. However, general customers may think this. Maybe a decrease to ~73kish would work? Also they get to boast a lower starting price for the air..
Depends on what people prefer. Model S comes with Autopilot (lane centering) standard with the enhanced and FSD as options. Lucid should consider making something similar standard (maybe just Highway/Traffic Jam Assist) and have Highway Pilot/Future functionality an upcharge. Asking for 9k (as of now not possible on Pure RWD unless it's not finalized) will still push some towards Tesla if someone values that more. Lucid of course wins on the build, luxury, driving experience, etc.

Depends on what people prefer. Model S comes with Autopilot (lane centering) standard with the enhanced and FSD as options. Lucid should consider making something similar standard (maybe just Highway/Traffic Jam Assist) and have Highway Pilot/Future functionality an upcharge. Asking for 9k (as of now not possible on Pure RWD unless it's not finalized) will still push some towards Tesla if someone values that more. Lucid of course wins on the build, luxury, driving experience, etc.
Yup. IMO, the current state of DDP is worth 4-5k. However, the Lidar tech it comes with lets it have HUGE potential for level 3 driving, so 9k is justified. I would say lidar is already about 2k of that price.

I'm gonna tell y'all a funny story. The first time I test drove a GT (for my initial test drive no less) I used one of the settings. When that seat switched between massaging my left cheek then my right cheek, I let out a little squeal! I'm certain I had the Lucid rep blushing at my response. 😂 😂
Just got a Grand Touring loaner. Tried the massaging, it was ok for a bit but I don't think its something I would use that often. I actually found it distracting. Perhaps on long 4-5 hour journeys I might find it more useful. Also I felt the seats were actually less comfortable compared to those in the Touring.

Just got a Grand Touring loaner. Tried the massaging, it was ok for a bit but I don't think its something I would use that often. I actually found it distracting. Perhaps on long 4-5 hour journeys I might find it more useful. Also I felt the seats were actually less comfortable compared to those in the Touring.
I was actually worried about the seats in the GT that was on display in the studio. The Pure has much softer seats that at least for me is more comfortable.

I've had massaging seats in just about every car that I've owned over the last 20 years so this isn't my first rodeo. Not having them is to be honest. I'd still like the option to retrofit my Touring.

I've had massaging seats in just about every car that I've owned over the last 20 years so this isn't my first rodeo. Not having them is to be honest. I'd still like the option to retrofit my Touring.
I can’t even see how to add it to the touring design I could do it with pure tho

I can't even think this far ahead. I just want someone from Lucid to contact me so I can give them my Amex info for the retrofitted massaging seats. I've told them numerous times give me a number. I would have paid for this option back when I ordered my car.
I will be in line right after you.

We were talking about this at the LV Meetup dinner on Saturday - trying to figure out how we could replace Touring seats with massaging.

They can keep massaging seats....would rather have been able to select Fathom Blue as a color....

I've had the GT for a year now. Haven't used the massaging seats once. There are so many seat adjustments I haven't felt the need. I can't believe I'm saying this ... the seats are more comfortable than Volvo seats, and way more adjustable.

Things that are more important to me than massaging seats:

1. When I open the door to get out, it immediately starts to close.
I wish the detentes (hold positions) were more robust. (there is a post in my garage between bays, so I can't just push the door fully open).
I can never get it to stay...I would like to have a competition with other Lucid owners at the next meet = see who can open the door and make it stay open on the first try. Is this just my car or does everyone have the leg amputating feature? I have a wood wedge I put in the door hinge to hold it open so I can get out without injury...but this seems crude on such an expensive car. I"m thinking of getting a stick with a hook to make up for my short arms. I park in the garage, open the door and quickly put the wedge in the hinge to stop it from closing on my leg, then when I get in I reach for the stick with the hook to reach for the door and close it. It's nuts. in my 60 years of driving I've never had a car with such user-abusive doors.

2. The driver's seat profile position: I really like this feature, but ... To get in or out of the Lucid I need to have the seat all the way back and down...so that's where it is when I exit the car. But. When I enter the car the seat is back in the driving position...it seems to go there if you open any other thing first...like if you open the back door first ...and then I find myself stuck between the steering wheel and the seat bolster, and then bang my head three times to get the door shut. I wish the driver seat would remain where it was until my butt is in the seat, or, I wish there was an eye loop on the drivers door so I could attach a lanyard to haul the door back in so I don't have to bang my head two more times. I so not have the wingspan of an NBA player... Rawlinson must have really long arms. I can't imagine doing this wearing a helmet...Rawlinson must have the doors welded shut on his car and enters NASCAR style?

3. I lose the aero wedges on driveway ramps and speed bumps ... I get why they are designed that way... but we should have gotten a dozen "spares" and whatever tabs seem to hold them loosely in place. I need to order a bunch of them... are there pins or fasteners where the mis-matched holes are ? How would I know? Can anyone post a photo of how these wedges are attached?

4. The TPMS is annoying since it can't be reset by the user. I'm using this:
1697078357838.jpeg

1697078235335.jpeg
and this (also useful if you have a Czech engine light).

wait ... what was the question?

I've had the GT for a year now. Haven't used the massaging seats once. There are so many seat adjustments I haven't felt the need. I can't believe I'm saying this ... the seats are more comfortable than Volvo seats, and way more adjustable.

Things that are more important to me than massaging seats:

1. When I open the door to get out, it immediately starts to close.
I wish the detentes (hold positions) were more robust. (there is a post in my garage between bays, so I can't just push the door fully open).
I can never get it to stay...I would like to have a competition with other Lucid owners at the next meet = see who can open the door and make it stay open on the first try. Is this just my car or does everyone have the leg amputating feature? I have a wood wedge I put in the door hinge to hold it open so I can get out without injury...but this seems crude on such an expensive car. I"m thinking of getting a stick with a hook to make up for my short arms. I park in the garage, open the door and quickly put the wedge in the hinge to stop it from closing on my leg, then when I get in I reach for the stick with the hook to reach for the door and close it. It's nuts. in my 60 years of driving I've never had a car with such user-abusive doors.

2. The driver's seat profile position: I really like this feature, but ... To get in or out of the Lucid I need to have the seat all the way back and down...so that's where it is when I exit the car. But. When I enter the car the seat is back in the driving position...it seems to go there if you open any other thing first...like if you open the back door first ...and then I find myself stuck between the steering wheel and the seat bolster, and then bang my head three times to get the door shut. I wish the driver seat would remain where it was until my butt is in the seat, or, I wish there was an eye loop on the drivers door so I could attach a lanyard to haul the door back in so I don't have to bang my head two more times. I so not have the wingspan of an NBA player... Rawlinson must have really long arms. I can't imagine doing this wearing a helmet...Rawlinson must have the doors welded shut on his car and enters NASCAR style?

3. I lose the aero wedges on driveway ramps and speed bumps ... I get why they are designed that way... but we should have gotten a dozen "spares" and whatever tabs seem to hold them loosely in place. I need to order a bunch of them... are there pins or fasteners where the mis-matched holes are ? How would I know? Can anyone post a photo of how these wedges are attached?

4. The TPMS is annoying since it can't be reset by the user. I'm using this:
View attachment 15567

View attachment 15566and this (also useful if you have a Czech engine light).

wait ... what was the question?
Your door situation is interesting. I wish you would have shown me at our pre-meet up. Maybe your detentes need replacing??

As far as the massaging seats, I prefer them for therapeutic reasons especially for my mid to lower back. I've never had seats in my previous cars that qalternate each bum cheek. That was quite the pleasant surprise but I just couldn't justify the $43,000 upgrade to the GT when what I really only wanted from the GT was the massaging seats. I'm starting to rethink my decision.

Yeah, his door & seat thing are odd. I have no issues opening the door upon exiting and having the door remain in an open position.

The seat returning to the driving position is also odd. Mine won’t do that until the driver’s door is closed and I either buckle up or tap the break. Sounds like a service visit is in order.

Yeah, his door & seat thing are odd. I have no issues opening the door upon exiting and having the door remain in an open position.

The seat returning to the driving position is also odd. Mine won’t do that until the driver’s door is closed and I either buckle up or tap the break. Sounds like a service visit is in order.
Maybe the mobile service could do "seat homing"?

Same here

Reviving this - I am taking my car in for my 1-year service, and have emailed the service advisor if we can retrofit the Touring with massaging seats. I'll let us know what they say...probably a no...but fingers crossed...

Yeah - do tell! I’d be interested as well (and about to schedule a 12k checkup

Back