What, so NOW you can design a Pure RWD with Santa Cruz Leather and MASSAGING SEATS!?!?

I can't even think this far ahead. I just want someone from Lucid to contact me so I can give them my Amex info for the retrofitted massaging seats. I've told them numerous times give me a number. I would have paid for this option back when I ordered my car.
What color is your interior? I would trade you! I used it a couple times for the novelty of it but don’t anymore.

What color is your interior? I would trade you! I used it a couple times for the novelty of it but don’t anymore.
Santa Cruz on Zenith Red. Missing the massaging seats is the feature I missed most from my Jag. The massaging ones in the Lucid puts the ones in my Jags to shame.

Ooooooh you’re missing out. Gimme dat stretch, dat unwind, or dat rolling 🫠

I'm feeling some way about my Touring now. It's the only option I really cared about in the GT. It seems like the need to move cars and better position the Pure is leading to better options. Now let me add massaging seats in.

I'm gonna tell y'all a funny story. The first time I test drove a GT (for my initial test drive no less) I used one of the settings. When that seat switched between massaging my left cheek then my right cheek, I let out a little squeal! I'm certain I had the Lucid rep blushing at my response. 😂 😂

I'm feeling some way about my Touring now. It's the only option I really cared about in the GT. It seems like the need to move cars and better position the Pure is leading to better options. Now let me add massaging seats in.
Yup, I couldn't justify the $43,000 bump in price to a GT when I really wanted from the GT was the massaging seats. 625 HP in my Touring is already quite a bit for me.

Yup, I had them in my electrified Genesis G80 and used them twice. Once to try it and the second time it came on automatically after a long drive. Pass.

so the direction this seems to be going is, they may be merging the touring and pure lines, with the pure having access to all the touring goodies as add-ons/packages?

as it stands right now, what's different between a fully spec'd pure and touring? just HP and power frunk right? range seems comparable, +/- 10 miles

I honestly feel that it's too weak. I've never been in a Mercedes S Class, so I could be talking nonsense. But is the S Class massage better or just like the Lucid?

so the direction this seems to be going is, they may be merging the touring and pure lines, with the pure having access to all the touring goodies as add-ons/packages?

as it stands right now, what's different between a fully spec'd pure and touring? just HP and power frunk right? range seems comparable, +/- 10 miles
Interior materials among other things.

Interior materials among other things.
Actually, with the santa cruz leather, it seems as if the materials are the exact same as the touring(leather dashboard, etc). Obviously if you pick the purluxe it is the same.

Hp, frunk, slightly more battery capacity(some sources say the pure has 88 and others 92, not sure about this one), and most importantly a glass roof. You also have the option of 21 wheels.

Also, am I the only one who noticed that the 20 option for pure is different? The RWD gets squared 245s, while awd and every other air trim has 265s in the rear. Seems interesting as in an RWD car with this much hp, you would ideally want a thicker tire. Maybe they are positioning the RWD as an "efficiency" trim?

We find that the massaging seats greatly reduce fatigue on long road trips. An unexpected safety feature.

We find that the massaging seats greatly reduce fatigue on long road trips. An unexpected safety feature.
I agree. It’s far from a therapeutic message, but adds enough distraction to fight off white line fever on long trips.

No glass roof or stealth options for Pure.

Great job by Lucid. The Pure with these options is turning out to be MAGIC! I see a lot of Pures being sold!

Agree that this approach of allowing a Pure to be optioned up with leather interior, soft- close doors, power screens, massage, etc. Is great. However, I'm not yet able to configure these in the Lucid configurator. Any suggestions as to how to do so?

Only thing I really really really want on my pure is automatic frunk. Right now I don't use the frunk at all due to it being manual, just isn't convenient. Santa Cruz option would've been nice to have though.

This should have been the starting point. There should only be a LUCID AIR PURE with additional packages and the Saphire.
I would also add the full glass roof to a Pure package and then get rid of the Touring. Would dump the Sapphire though and keep the Grand Touring, as has the best range.

Massaging seats also only available on the Mojave, not the Santa Cruz option.

It comes down to what to have in inventory when making a batch of cars. If they want to keep materials for the Santa Cruz, it doesn't mean that there's enough expected demand to have a warehouse full of multiple types of seats for it. If they anticipate most people sticking with Mojave, there might be enough anticipated demand to stock the extra seats. It tends to drive up costs when they let people pick and choose too much, have to have multiple versions of many things available, and have each car on the line potentially different. Simplifying, then stocking up on various things when they are going to build a run of GTs, then concentrating on what they build next makes more sense than ordering lots of everything from suppliers and keeping it warehoused just in case.

I'm all for choice, but I think that Lucid needs to keep costs under control. They have multiple configurations that are good for their respective prices, and I'd personally be disappointed if I wanted both the massaging seats and the Santa Cruz but didn't want the GT. But I'm more concerned with Lucid's viability at this point.

Well that’s annoying. I just picked up my pure awd last week. If I knew I could get a rwd pure with nice seats and amenities, there is a good chance I might have done that instead. I knew pure rwd was on the way, but had incorrectly assumed it wouldn’t have more quality of life features compared to the pure awd. Frustrating.

But it does make sense for them de-couple performance and luxury. There are people (like me) who want the nice amenities without paying for the huge performance. I think Mercedes and BMW do this pretty well.

Back