What is your reason for getting a Lucid Air?

Beauty on the inside: best in class
Technology: best in class
Range: best in class

Elon, you have done amazing things and made us believe in EV's. I want to thank you for being such a jerk and pissing off my wife who said "no way" when I asked if I could buy a Tesla. Thank you Elon. Thank you thank you thank you.

Beauty on the inside: best in class
Technology: best in class
Range: best in class

Elon, you have done amazing things and made us believe in EV's. I want to thank you for being such a jerk and pissing off my wife who said "no way" when I asked if I could buy a Tesla. Thank you Elon. Thank you thank you thank you.
My wife did the same to me. I thought falcon wings and yoke steering wheel looks cool like driving a spaceship. She told me just go play Star War video game with my son.

Updated trip report:

We were met by Pashtar, the Lucid rep. He was super. I noticed that the white prototype I saw in March has been replaced with a production model in Quantum Grey. The gray color looks brighter than when I saw one on the road back home. We had a choice between a red Lucid with 19" wheels or a white one with 21" wheels. Since I ordered the Touring with 20" wheels, he said the white car would most closely approximate the ride experience. Both the 20" and 21" wheels are staggered, whereas the 19" wheels are all the same and can be swapped front to rear. Pashtar guided us through all the adjustments that can be made prior to putting the car into gear - pretty straightforward stuff. Nice that you can make a lot of adjustments on the screen or by using the buttons on the side of the seat, similar to many cars on the road today.

My daughter drove the car first while I sat in the back. The elevated floorboard in the rear doesn't feel bad at all, albeit my experience back there was about 20-25 minutes. It feels a lot like being in a limo. I got to relax into the seat back which felt very comfortable although I must admit that most of the time I was leaning forward as Pashtar explained all the features to my daughter. I'm 5'9" 165lbs, and I had at least a foot of leg space. The rear was cavernous by almost any standard; it felt great, and the elevated floorboard IMO is a non-issue.

My daughter only drove with the power setting on Smooth - but it was plenty. When she accelerated, I could feel my back snapping into the seatback cushion. It reminded me of the acceleration of my '68 Camaro 396SS back in the day but I'm sure this was much more powerful. We were driving north on Scottsdale Boulevard when she took a look in the rearview mirror, then proceeded to do a series of 6 "S" turns at around 50mph while remaining in the center lane. The car was like a stripe of paint; there was zero tire squeal. Pashtar did tell us that there have only been 2 traffic citations written during his experience in giving demo rides lol!

We then switched places, and Pashtar turned the mode setting to Swift. We took it on the highway where I made a series of spirited accelerations. The car was extremely responsive. Pashtar asked me if I wanted to try the Sprint mode (heck yeah), so I got to drive that as well. To be honest, I didn't see much of a difference between the three modes. If you nailed the pedal, it GOES in any mode! Maybe I would notice the difference in the GT Performance, but the power in the vehicle we drove was way more than plenty. I also drove the car using the aggressive setting in the one-pedal mode. It took almost no time getting used to it while driving, but it does take some getting used to when stopping or slowing down (gauging the distance in front). Unlike ICE vehicles, there is no "creep" once you stop. I said I bet these brakes could last 100K miles. Pashtar said double that number and I would be in the ballpark.

Tried as hard as I could, I could never manage to break the tires loose, even accelerating during a tight right-hand turn.

Impressions:

In a word, unbelievable. The technology was awesome but not intimidating. It felt "right." A/C felt comfortable. It was a 90+ degree day but the car was in a parking structure so it wasn't exposed to the sun before we got into the car. Unbelievably quiet compared to the Tesla P90D that I drove a couple of years ago. My daughter said it wasn't like anything she tested at Daimler-Chrysler. I told her friend (Lucid engineer) 2 years ago that I wished they made a car with Tesla's performance and Mercedes quiet and comfort. I think Lucid nailed it.
I'm with you on everything. I can relate to the above as my first car was a 1969 Camaro 396SS. A lot of changes since then, but my impressions of the Lucid mirror yours.

I'm with you on everything. I can relate to the above as my first car was a 1969 Camaro 396SS. A lot of changes since then, but my impressions of the Lucid mirror yours.
I am building a '55 Bel Air with an LS6 Corvette engine with a hotter cam. People think those Chevies are like tanks when it fact they only weigh 3,000 lbs. With a conservative estimate of 450hp, I'm looking at 6.67 lbs/hp which is lower than the Touring's 8.39. I'll get to relive my Camaro days. It will be stupid fast but nowhere near the Lucid. Without the intelligent drive, I'll just be burning rubber while the Lucid rockets ahead but I'll be having a different kind of fun. Best of both worlds.

1. In-house mastery of key technologies - battery, powertrain. There is nothing else that gets close to what Lucid has.
  2. One of the most stunningly beautiful 4-door sedans on the street.
  3. Car designed and developed by a bunch of car nerds - as opposed to the whims of one person (you know who that is).
  4. Interior luxury and quality of materials.
  5. Direct sales model - I would not have considered them if they had a traditional dealership model.
All of that +range, range, range

I am building a '55 Bel Air with an LS6 Corvette engine with a hotter cam. People think those Chevies are like tanks when it fact they only weigh 3,000 lbs. With a conservative estimate of 450hp, I'm looking at 6.67 lbs/hp which is lower than the Touring's 8.39. I'll get to relive my Camaro days. It will be stupid fast but nowhere near the Lucid. Without the intelligent drive, I'll just be burning rubber while the Lucid rockets ahead but I'll be having a different kind of fun. Best of both worlds.
Awesome!

Mine was your car's cousin, a 1969 Firebird 400 convertible with a floor-shift manual 3-speed. Rebuilt the engine and repainted the car myself. Lotta noise and fun, and it seemed fast at the time at around six seconds 0-60.

Mine was your car's cousin, a 1969 Firebird 400 convertible with a floor-shift manual 3-speed. Rebuilt the engine and repainted the car myself. Lotta noise and fun, and it seemed fast at the time at around six seconds 0-60.
Growing up, my cousin (about 10 years older than me) had a Firebird 400 H/O with a 4 speed, that car really got me into the fast thing at an early age. What a fun car with it's shaved polyglass tires.

I remember those cars well. My friend had the Firebird, I had the Camaro.

I was always sure that I would get a Taycan. Then one day I saw a post on reddit that showed both a Taycan and a Lucid in a photo. I thought that Lucid looked pretty good, did some research and the promptly switched my interest.
gg0ryh7p1f381.jpg

P.S. those comments in that reddit post was a bit funny.

I was always sure that I would get a Taycan. Then one day I saw a post on reddit that showed both a Taycan and a Lucid in a photo. I thought that Lucid looked pretty good, did some research and the promptly switched my interest.
View attachment 4802
P.S. those comments in that reddit post was a bit funny.
For some reason, Reddit seems to hate the Lucid, but loves the Taycan.

If you still have the car, you could probably trade it for a Lucid lol!

Bonkers acceleration
Handling (corners on rails)
Interior modernity , aesthetic

For some reason, Reddit seems to hate the Lucid, but loves the Taycan.
Reddit just does not care for Lucid. Not enough interest in the stock or the Car. It’s not a place for rich people. It’s just us Apes 🤪

I test drove a Tesla Model S in 2017 and having drove my CTS V Coupe with 556 HP to the test drive and then while on the way home thinking the acceleration of the V was just OK..... If I was to say that I was impressed and giggly after launching the S in Ludicrous mode it would've been a gross understatement, but at the same time I was underwhelmed by the interior.
Nonetheless I knew my next DD was going to be an EV and when I read about the performance numbers for the Plaid and an interior update that was gonna be my car....... And then I watched the Doug DeMuro test of the Plaid and I was completely turned off by the yoke/joke, the giant iPad, and the assinine minimilist BS.

In any event I watched the video in the link below and I knew that was what I wanted; great looks, terrific performance, a gorgeous interior, superior range, and last but not least massaging seats.

I test drove a Tesla Model S in 2017 and having drove my CTS V Coupe with 556 HP to the test drive and then while on the way home thinking the acceleration of the V was just OK..... If I was to say that I was impressed and giggly after launching the S in Ludicrous mode it would've been a gross understatement, but at the same time I was underwhelmed by the interior.
Nonetheless I knew my next DD was going to be an EV and when I read about the performance numbers for the Plaid and an interior update that was gonna be my car....... And then I watched the Doug DeMuro test of the Plaid and I was completely turned off by the yoke/joke, the giant iPad, and the assinine minimilist BS.

In any event I watched the video in the link below and I knew that was what I wanted; great looks, terrific performance, a gorgeous interior, superior range, and last but not least massaging seats.

Video was a great review of the LUCID. Thanks for sharing.

Back