What is your reason for getting a Lucid Air?

nasilemak

Curious to hear everyone's thought on this. What convinced you to get Lucid?

Curious to hear everyone's thought on this. What convinced you to get Lucid?
  1. In-house mastery of key technologies - battery, powertrain. There is nothing else that gets close to what Lucid has.
  2. One of the most stunningly beautiful 4-door sedans on the street.
  3. Car designed and developed by a bunch of car nerds - as opposed to the whims of one person (you know who that is).
  4. Interior luxury and quality of materials.
  5. Direct sales model - I would not have considered them if they had a traditional dealership model.

The last two posts PLUS I was looking to get a plaid model S but realized it looked the same as my last two model S. I also objected to the yoke and the new interior which emulated the downscale model 3.

1. Range and power
2. Cutting edge technology
3. Built from ground up and not an ICE platform conversion
3. No dealer markup even though its not cheap. You know what you are paying
4. Trust in the brains behind the operation

1. In-house mastery of key technologies - battery, powertrain. There is nothing else that gets close to what Lucid has.
  2. One of the most stunningly beautiful 4-door sedans on the street.
  3. Car designed and developed by a bunch of car nerds - as opposed to the whims of one person (you know who that is).
  4. Interior luxury and quality of materials.
  5. Direct sales model - I would not have considered them if they had a traditional dealership model.
Yessssss.

The only thing I’d add is I got it because of the very clever roominess and use of space. I’m a sucker for new solutions to old problems and they did it! This thing is the ultimate dad mobile cuz I can put the stroller in the frunk then use the frunk insert as a diaper changing pad, meanwhile I’m storing my OCD cleaning supplies, tire inflator, beach shoes, charging cable and also cleanup items in case the kid pukes in the sub-trunk, and then I still have the whole rest of the trunk free. The car is like a double Taycan, way more space, double the range, all for less $ than a Taycan with inferior performance. I was 100% determined to get an AMG E63 Wagon as I thought that was the ultimate dad mobile, but I’m super happy I went with the Lucid instead. Best way to have a mid-life crisis I can think of.

My reasons are much more superficial. I never really wanted a Tesla, too common. My BMW M5 was getting a little old being a 2014 and my wife hated how ”loud” it was. I saw a commercial during the NFL playoffs in early 2021 and it passed the looks, power, range and uniqueness bar, so I put a deposit down within 5 minutes of the commercial ending. I never really gave it much thought until they extended the release date and then again not until the first DE’s were delivered. I then found this forum to learn more about what I was buying.

Pretty much just the range.

Reactions: NPN
1. Range
2. Technology (it knows more about lithium batteries than nearly any other car manufacturer and its proprietary motors are impressive)

Tesla sucks, mercedes is too booji, Porsche doesn’t have great range, and here we are..
I must say I've actually gained new respect for Tesla owners after having the Lucid. Almost universally they've been super cool to me, daily giving me a thumbs up if they're next to me on the road. While there's a few loud d-bag Tesla Stans out there in the Cult of Elon, that's really a minority of Tesla drivers. Overall I think most drivers are just into the technology, ability to go stupid fast if they want, kiss gas stations goodbye, and genuinely appreciate that Lucid is doing some amazing things and rightfully recognize Elon deserves credit for pushing the envelope of the entire automotive industry, and also recognize that Lucid is the first serious new car company to up the game for EVs in a long time.

I must say I've actually gained new respect for Tesla owners after having the Lucid. Almost universally they've been super cool to me, daily giving me a thumbs up if they're next to me on the road. While there's a few loud d-bag Tesla Stans out there in the Cult of Elon, that's really a minority of Tesla drivers. Overall I think most drivers are just into the technology, ability to go stupid fast if they want, kiss gas stations goodbye, and genuinely appreciate that Lucid is doing some amazing things and rightfully recognize Elon deserves credit for pushing the envelope of the entire automotive industry, and also recognize that Lucid is the first serious new car company to up the game for EVs in a long time.
I get this all the time that some Tesla owners passed me and their passenger phone video me or sticker out their arms out of window gave me thumb up. 😎

I was actually trying to figure out which one of the 4 to get —- MB S-500, Navigator, Model-S or Model-X. Then my wife told me our cousin actually worked for a start up called Lucid. I looked it up and found them just listed on NASDAQ. After further research, I fell in love with the design and its roominess and ordered right away. We didn’t tell cousin until he came back home from SF to visit his parents and shocked him with our AGT at his parents’ house.

Why I got the car….
1 - Electrification
2 - Design and innovation
3 - Cabin aesthetic and space
4 - Range
5 - Root romantically for underdog
6 - Don’t want to be another boring same EV

1) Power and Handling
2) Uniqueness - Dream Edition Eureka Gold
3) Appearance
4) My First Fully Electric Car
5) Not a Tesla Fan