What does Drive Drive do today? (not Pro)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you explain the difference?
From posts in other DD/DDP threads, WARNING is the lit up icon on the outside mirror while DISPLAY is the camera output shown on the cockpit when the turn signal is activated.

Can you explain the difference?
Just to piggyback on what @SDHacker said, here is a direct quote from my SA,
Blind spot warning will be the visual indicators that light up on the side view mirrors with the audible warning when a vehicle is in your blind spot (this can be turned on or off), while the surround view monitoring will be the 360 view camera on the pilots panel with the blind spot display camera view that pops up behind the steering wheel on the glass cockpit instrument panel.

It's a shame it doesn't appear that full lane keeping (Tesla-autopilot-style) is not standard. That is one of my most used features on my M3P.

It's a shame it doesn't appear that full lane keeping (Tesla-autopilot-style) is not standard. That is one of my most used features on my M3P.
It is standard in the Mercedes EQS.

To be fair, it wasn't "free" with Tesla until more recent times, it used to be a $4k option. Looks like it's just included now, with "Enhanced Autopilot" costing additional money.

Maybe that will be one of the differentiators for Touring vs Pure, Touring gets lane keeping included, it's an option for Pure.

The main difference being that Lucid feels you need the extra sensors/LIDAR in order to use that function so that's why it's grouped with DD Pro. Tesla uses camera only so they are just enabling software.

To be fair, it wasn't "free" with Tesla until more recent times, it used to be a $4k option. Looks like it's just included now, with "Enhanced Autopilot" costing additional money.

Maybe that will be one of the differentiators for Touring vs Pure, Touring gets lane keeping included, it's an option for Pure.
It's a good point. But, alas, here we are in later 2022 and they must keep pace out of the gate.

Isn't Touring Direct Drive Pro exactly the same as Pure Direct Drive Pro?

When I saw this post I emailed my SA to get his input. He finally responded today. The significant things he stated are:

He also stated that his understanding is that Adaptive Cruise Control with speed limit assist comes standard with Dream Drive.
UX 2.0 brought lane centering and adaptive cruise control to standard Dream Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back