What does Drive Drive do today? (not Pro)

Status
Not open for further replies.

limtless

For you roughly 2k owners out there, what does the current DD do? Does it compare to Tesla AP? Does it do anything?

• What does DD do today?
  • How does it act on the highway?
  • Can you use it driving in town?
  • Have you noticed any quirks?
  • Does it have distance settings like Tesla if it's like AP?

I don't really understand DD today. I haven't seen anyone talking about it. Is it just marketing for LiDar and sensors?

For you roughly 2k owners out there, what does the current DD do? Does it compare to Tesla AP? Does it do anything?

• What does DD do today?
  • How does it act on the highway?
  • Can you use it driving in town?
  • Have you noticed any quirks?
  • Does it have distance settings like Tesla if it's like AP?

I don't really understand DD today. I haven't seen anyone talking about it. Is it just marketing for LiDar and sensors?
Safety:

Surround View Monitoring
Blind Spot Display
Cross Traffic Protection
Traffic Sign Recognition
Automatic Emergency Braking
Alerts for distracted or drowsy drivers
Pedestrian warnings

Adaptive Cruise Control
Traffic Drive-Off Alert

Parking:

Autonomous Parking Assist
360 surround view

Safety:

Surround View Monitoring
Blind Spot Display
Cross Traffic Protection
Traffic Sign Recognition
Automatic Emergency Braking
Alerts for distracted or drowsy drivers
Pedestrian warnings

Adaptive Cruise Control
Traffic Drive-Off Alert

Parking:

Autonomous Parking Assist
360 surround view
I do not think that is correct. Do you know 100%?

I thought only DDP was 360 view and autonomous park. What does DD do? Is it like AP or Open Pilot?

The current lucidmotors.com describes Dream Drive like this attachment

Attachments

• dd.PNG
    dd.PNG
    37.5 KB · Views: 237
The current lucidmotors.com describes Dream Drive like this attachment
What does it do? How does it act? Is it like AP or open pilot?

I want to know from current owners what it is like to drive with it. Is it just a marketing name for blind spot monitoring and blah blah, is it smart?

What does it do? How does it act? Is it like AP or open pilot?

I want to know from current owners what it is like to drive with it. Is it just a marketing name for blind spot monitoring and blah blah, is it smart?
I like the ADAS system. I think it behaves well when cars cut in front where it slightly applies the brakes vs slamming them on like I’ve experienced in other cars. The speed detection works well and is easy to adjust at the tap of a button or ignore. Overall, I’m happy with it.

The only thing I’m really missing at the moment is active lane centering. Kind of annoying it’s missing when doing road trips but driving around the city it’s fine for now.

Looking forward to what DDP will bring but happy with the ADAS for now (albeit lane centering missing)

If I’m understanding right:

-DD-only cars (ie Pures and Tourings that don’t select the DDP option) won’t have Lidar but will still perform all of the DD functions listed on the Lucid website (not the DDP functions).

-Lane Departure Protection is not the same as active lane centering. Lucid does not specifically list active lane centering function so I assume it just falls under “semi-autonomous driving system” as listed under DDP

-Curiously Adaptive cruise control is not specifically listed either. I had always just assumed, I guess, it would be part standard DD (as it’s now fairly common…standard in all Toyota Corollas for example). I’m hoping that’s just an oversight - I would find way more use in adaptive cruise than auto parking, as an example.

The 9000 DDP basically are all equipments of surround cameras, radars and LiDAR and future releases of software using them.

You may not consider this part of Dream Drive Pro, but in a very crowded parking lot today the sensors kicked in and the car went full stop when a pedestrian walked right behind me. I was confused because I actually thought I hit something, but glad it took over.

You may not consider this part of Dream Drive Pro, but in a very crowded parking lot today the sensors kicked in and the car went full stop when a pedestrian walked right behind me. I was confused because I actually thought I hit something, but glad it took over.
Happened to me too twice, which made me love ❤️ this car even more.

That happened to me a couple of days ago. It works remarkably well.

When I saw this post I emailed my SA to get his input. He finally responded today. The significant things he stated are:

Clarity as to what comes exactly with Dream Drive vs Pro has been changing recently and should be solidified once we invite customers to design their Touring and Pure later this year.

As I understand right now Pro comes with:

Highway Assist (lane-centering control & traffic jam assist)
Surround view monitoring with blind spot display
Future ready hardware for semi-autonomous driving functionality

He also stated that his understanding is that Adaptive Cruise Control with speed limit assist comes standard with Dream Drive.

When I saw this post I emailed my SA to get his input. He finally responded today. The significant things he stated are:

He also stated that his understanding is that Adaptive Cruise Control with speed limit assist comes standard with Dream Drive.
That would be a relief. I was getting a bit worried that adaptive cruise isn’t listed as being part of in the DD suite on the website.

BLIND SPOT MONITORING ISN'T INCLUDED IN REGULAR DREAM DRIVE?!

I am a Touring reservation holder and during a recent test drive of the GT, I asked the advisor about the 360 surround view. The advisor said that while it wouldn't be standard in the Touring, you would be able to purchase that option at the time of the order. This option wouldn't require purchase of the $9,000 Dream Drive Pro, rather would be separate selection and would provide the additional hardware necessary.

I don't know how many cameras are standard on the Touring but I'd really expect a 360 surround view to be standard on a $100,000+ car. That imagery is generated on my BMW from four cameras (front, each side mirror, and rear) and it works great.

I am a Touring reservation holder and during a recent test drive of the GT, I asked the advisor about the 360 surround view. The advisor said that while it wouldn't be standard in the Touring, you would be able to purchase that option at the time of the order. This option wouldn't require purchase of the $9,000 Dream Drive Pro, rather would be separate selection and would provide the additional hardware necessary.

I don't know how many cameras are standard on the Touring but I'd really expect a 360 surround view to be standard on a $100,000+ car. That imagery is generated on my BMW from four cameras (front, each side mirror, and rear) and it works great.
I had 360 on my VW Atlas.

I don’t know about Touring, but I think on GT has 14 cameras and that 360 is very high def.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back