Website for OTA Updates, Software Features Wishlist, and Bugs!

Bobby

Referral code: 82LNN7ZP
Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
AGT, I Pace, DB9
Referral Code
82LNN7ZP
To help us all keep track of OTA updates, software features wishlist, and bugs, I have developed a website. Please feel free to visit www.lucidupdates.com. Some of it is still under construction! I welcome everyone's feedback. Shoutout to @hydbob for all his help.

Wow @Bobby! This is some amazing work.

Some fun stats (updated frequently at lucidupdates.com)

Total number of OTA updates released: 41
First OTA update: 12/9/21
Average time between updates: 11 days
Longest time between updates: 71 days
Shortest time between updates: 0 days
Days since last update: 23 days

Very cool, thanks for setting up. Wow, 2.0.15..that was before my ownership but what an update, hope we get some like that soon.

Took particular interest in the EU/KSA updates to the front lighting system. Perhaps with matrix headlights now approved for use in the US, we'll see a similar update here?

ADVANCED FRONT LIGHTING SYSTEM (EU and KSA only): Your Lucid Air now features an Advanced Front Lighting System. This system uses the vehicle's cameras and speed to detect both the type of road you're on and current driving conditions and adjusts your low beams accordingly for better visibility.

For example, your vehicle can identify when you're on a country road and adjust your lights to better illuminate the shoulder. It can also detect when you're on a highway and illuminate farther ahead. It adapts the beam level and brightness to adverse weather to help you see better when driving conditions aren't optimal. To enable the Advanced Front Lighting System, simply set your headlights to AUTO.

That is great, Bobby, thanks for doing that.

I hope the folks at Lucid monitor the site.

Thanks for all the work in gathering and organizing this information. We are making steps forward.

Some fun stats (updated frequently at lucidupdates.com)

Total number of OTA updates released: 41
First OTA update: 12/9/21
Average time between updates: 11 days
Longest time between updates: 71 days
Shortest time between updates: 0 days
Days since last update: 23 days
Awesome information!

Site is bookmarked!

Bobby, this is great! I was just wondering if there was a site like this Friday night. The car wasn't at the latest version when I picked it up. But I wasn't sure what the latest was.

The rationale for AA not being on the wish list is that we know for a fact Lucid is already working on it. It’s the same reason the list never included CarPlay. The wish list is about things we want that we’re not sure Lucid knows we want or will actually ever do. If that makes sense.

Here's a nit-noid annoyance that I think should be on the software update.

When I put the car in reverse, the back-up camera view occupies the right-hand side of the glass cockpit. But the issue is, I need that panel to activate my garage door. So when I back out of my garage, I have to stop on the driveway once I'm clear of the door, cancel the camera view, and then pull up the home screen to close the garage door.

A bit annoying.

Here's a nit-noid annoyance that I think should be on the software update.

When I put the car in reverse, the back-up camera view occupies the right-hand side of the glass cockpit. But the issue is, I need that panel to activate my garage door. So when I back out of my garage, I have to stop on the driveway once I'm clear of the door, cancel the camera view, and then pull up the home screen to close the garage door.

A bit annoying.
Please refer to the wish list here: https://www.lucidupdates.com/wishlist.html. This has been mentioned numerous times.

Is this the correct place to add a request? I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but I can't find it.
When you're looking for or leaving a parking space you have the camera views on the upper screen and the lower panel. And they don't go away until you reach 15mph. I'd like to be able to pick a lower speed for that.

Is this the correct place to add a request? I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but I can't find it.
When you're looking for or leaving a parking space you have the camera views on the upper screen and the lower panel. And they don't go away until you reach 15mph. I'd like to be able to pick a lower speed for that.
Great idea. Sometime I press the X to close it, sometimes I just punch it.

I have a few possibly unrelated questions and am not sure if this is the best thread for them, but I'm new to this so forgive me.

What's the significance of the revision number on the user manual and how does it relate to the updates? In other words, the copy of the manual I have says 2022.46 and if I want to go to Lucid Updates and get a feel for which items were added after the material in that revision of the manual, I'm not sure how to do it, and want to avoid reading through an entire manual after each potential update.

What's the best place to request updates for the wish list?

How is the priority determined? To some extent, I assume that you'd consider how many people are asking. But I might ask for something that I might consider a lower or higher priority, and something that a lot of people want but isn't as important relative to other things shouldn't necessarily be a high priority. The suggestion about closing the camera view at a lower speed is an example of something that I find quite annoying if I'm leaving a parking lot and want to glance at the navigator to see which way to turn.

If this is the place for making suggestions, I'd like to see 2FA added to the list. I don't know what Lucid does if somebody tries to guess 100 different passwords to get into the website, but if getting in means knowing that the credentials will work with the app, some people might have an issue with that.

Question. The latest update was released on July 1, 2023 (Rel 2.1.1). It hasn't autoinstalled (or indicated that an update was pending). When checking for updates it shows that I'm at the 068 level and no updates are pending. Any thoughts on whey?

Back