Volvo C40 recharge vs Lucid software

My mclaren 600lt is one of my favorite cars...but the iris system is pretty bad. It never remembers where I left off on Bluetooth for music, has no built in homelink, voice command is probably 10 years dated, navigation unusable (very outdated maps and terrible algorithm) and it will NEVER get better. However, I still have no intention of selling it. I guess we could choose to see the glass as 1/2 full with lucid and have hope that things will get better. At least that what I'm hoping for 😏
Something something car in that price range blah blah something

useless Volvo = golf cart
1697753445257.jpeg
ab
abandoned on the side of the road ... waiting for a tow. Limited range and very slow charging rate.
NYT article

Yes it has improved. But it’s still TERRIBLE compared to the C40. Completely unacceptable for a car that costs 2.5x the c40!
Cost has nothing to do with software reliability. Tesla cost half as much as a Mercedes or BMW, do you think they have better software than Tesla?

Lucid has improved a lot, they just need to continue with improvements. Not as big a deal as you make it out to be!

Did you know that Porsche Taycan which is more extensive than Lucid has to be dropped off at the dealership for an OTA update?

I would give credit when due- hats off to the Lucid team for the improvements they made over the last year. Please continue the strong work there’s still more to do.

...abandoned on the side of the road ... waiting for a tow. Limited range and very slow charging rate.
NYT article
Funny - we drive our XC40 three times as many miles per year as our Air, and love it.

What do you prefer about the XC40 over your Air that results in you putting 3x the mileage on it?
Perhaps the fact that it is usable as a city car more? I like the looks of hte C40 better, even if it is just a less practical suv. The XC40s rear looks bland to me, but I do think that of all volvos.

Funny - we drive our XC40 three times as many miles per year as our Air, and love it.
Did not intend to dump on Volvo EVs. I was a Volvo wagon guy for decades (R versions). Am in the market for a local-use EV, but waiting for the wife to come around and trust the technology and infrastructure (she loves her Mazda 6). Perhaps I will look at Volvo again...sorta left the family when the Chinese bought in. Has your Chinese battery burst into flames much? /s

The NYT reporter who rented an EV to go to the Dakotas = kinda ignorant. Thought the gang would be amused.

One of my friends also owns this Volvo C40. Yes, absolutely this is the best SUV I've ever seen. Enjoy man!

The XC
What do you prefer about the XC40 over your Air that results in you putting 3x the mileage on it?
The XC40 is almost two feet shorter than than our Air, so it is easier to deal with in urban environments. We also take frequent trips out to the mountains and coast for photography/day hikes, and the XC40's ground clearance makes it a better choice there. It has native Google maps/navigation which (in our experience) is much more capable and accurate than the Air's HERE maps. The Volvo's Google Assistant voice control is generally much better than Alexa at controlling the car, setting destinations, and answering random questions we come up with while traveling - restaurant ratings and opening hours, what day does daylight savings end, who was the actress in movie X.

We use the Air primarily for longer road trips that would require several charging stops in our XC40. It's great for that, except for poor navigation and ground clearance. Google Maps on Carplay works pretty well to mitigate the former, though a regrettable kludge in an otherwise very nice car.

BTW the XC40's batteries are either from Korea's LG Chem, or China's CATL. Soon to come from Northvolt AB, a Swedish company founded by two ex-Tesla engineers.

Did not intend to dump on Volvo EVs. I was a Volvo wagon guy for decades (R versions). Am in the market for a local-use EV, but waiting for the wife to come around and trust the technology and infrastructure (she loves her Mazda 6). Perhaps I will look at Volvo again...sorta left the family when the Chinese bought in. Has your Chinese battery burst into flames much? /s

The NYT reporter who rented an EV to go to the Dakotas = kinda ignorant. Thought the gang would be amused.
Greatest of all time.. 850 turbo.
1697812399174.png

Sigh... no more real boxy wagons
V70R isnt that bad either!
1697812453073.png

Back