Visor Mirror Covers - really?!

ACAD726D-3B48-42ED-8260-F07442FB9B59.jpeg

Both of mine stay up just fine without the fold down...maybe try just pushing it against the thing without the fold?

Both of mine stay up just fine without the fold down...maybe try just pushing it against the thing without the fold?
Funny, mine fall down almost all the time without the fold. Guess that’s a DE feature where they stay up? 😂

Funny, mine fall down almost all the time without the fold. Guess that’s a DE feature where they stay up? 😂
I guess the extra cost was worth it then. Thank goodness I was beginning to feel like we didn't gain any extra.

Yeah I’ve never had an issue with it folded or not. It just sticks. DE ftw I guess haha

I guess the extra cost was worth it then. Thank goodness I was beginning to feel like we didn't gain any extra.
Yeah that plus 250 extra Hp. Maybe using the extra HP makes the mirror stick better.

Interstingly, my wife who is the least technically inclined when in comes to computers, phones, and ipads, promptly folded the mirror cover back on itself the moment she realized it didn’t stick in place unfolded…without any prompting from me. Then I told her the trouble I had figuring it out and that there is a whole thread on the LucidOwners forum about it. She good-naturedly mumbled something about “men”.

Interstingly, my wife who is the least technically inclined when in comes to computers, phones, and ipads, promptly folded the mirror cover back on itself the moment she realized it didn’t stick in place unfolded…without any prompting from me. Then I told her the trouble I had figuring it out and that there is a whole thread on the LucidOwners forum about it. She good-naturedly mumbled something about “men”.
Haha my wife thought they were stupidly engineered and blamed men for that. But that makes sense, cuz no matter what, we know it’s always our fault. So all is right with the universe.

One of mine sticks just fine and one doesn’t. But once you know the fold down trick, it becomes very obvious from both a functional and aesthetic point of view that that’s how it’s supposed to be done and that’s how it was designed.

There is a 0% chance I would have figured out how to keep the mirror flap open had I not stumbled across this thread! 😂

One of mine sticks just fine and one doesn’t. But once you know the fold down trick, it becomes very obvious from both a functional and aesthetic point of view that that’s how it’s supposed to be done and that’s how it was designed.
I've had the same issue (Driver side works but passenger visor doesn't stay up) since the car was delivered in Sep.

The other day, while my wife and I were driving at night, my wife had a problem with the visor light not going on (it would flicker and then stop). I thought it was related to the passenger visor not staying open, but today I noticed that the light on the driver side doesn't go on either (it blinks, but doesn't stay on .. despite the visor folding fine).

Anybody else experienced this problem?

I've had the same issue (Driver side works but passenger visor doesn't stay up) since the car was delivered in Sep.

The other day, while my wife and I were driving at night, my wife had a problem with the visor light not going on (it would flicker and then stop). I thought it was related to the passenger visor not staying open, but today I noticed that the light on the driver side doesn't go on either (it blinks, but doesn't stay on .. despite the visor folding fine).

Anybody else experienced this problem?
Try replacing the thumb batteries in the visors - you can just slice them out; they’re in that tab on the visors themselves.

OMG you just fold it onto itself and it sticks perfectly. Tell your kids I said thank you!
Interestingly, the Tesla mirrors are exactly the same but fold downward. The visors look about the same with the exception of the batteries for the lights.

It took me a few minutes to figure out, but once folded both mirror covers stay up perfectly. However our lights don't come on at all. I didn't realize they were run with batteries. I'll have to check now. I have an issue call in with Lucid, and I'd feel like an idiot if a mobile repair tech comse to my house and tells me I need to replace batteries.

So I contacted my Due to bill Rep. Hopefully he makes an arrangement for the replacement. (watchout for the loud music...)

So I contacted my Due to bill Rep. Hopefully he makes an arrangement for the replacement. (watchout for the loud music...)
View attachment 12301
The flaps fold down onto themselves to stay up. Those are working as intended, unless the folding in half doesn't work. Look at the pic at the top of this page for a demo.

View attachment 12301
This is a known issue .. I've had it since delivery. The driver side works fine (no matter which way you fold it up). The passenger side will NOT stay up. I reported this problem to CS back in Sept. and they were aware of the issue. (that said, given that it's not that important to me, I told them to make note of it, but not to worry until I had to have some other work done. .. and, w/ the recall, I'll be having them address the visor issue as well).

Back