• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

VinFast infotainment

Tesla2.0

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
Referral Code
F0ZQ8SWA
VinFast infotainment is slick + HUD. It makes more sense than Tesla Model 3 and Model Y.

I agree with Sandy, there is no way VW, GM, Jeep can keep up with VinFast features. For ordinary population not looking for speed performance, this basically has all the functionalities.

Ouch.....

"World class", "brilliant", "a winner", and "a genius vehicle" are such great compliments for Vinfast from Sandy Munro!

After Sandy no longer showed up on E for Electric due to Alex insinuating bias I took it with a grain of salt as Alex does like to embellish but seeing Sandy's video on Vinfast and this Out of Spec video painting a VERY different story I do question whether Alex was right and Sandy has sold out a little. Given how in bed he is with Elon & Tesla I would have thought he would have done a Lucid teardown by now but maybe he fears the wrath of Elon if he praises anything about the Lucid.

"World class", "brilliant", "a winner", and "a genius vehicle" are such great compliments for Vinfast from Sandy Munro!

After Sandy no longer showed up on E for Electric due to Alex insinuating bias I took it with a grain of salt as Alex does like to embellish but seeing Sandy's video on Vinfast and this Out of Spec video painting a VERY different story I do question whether Alex was right and Sandy has sold out a little. Given how in bed he is with Elon & Tesla I would have thought he would have done a Lucid teardown by now but maybe he fears the wrath of Elon if he praises anything about the Lucid.
Voice activated features are pretty cool and plentiful. I sincerely hope Lucid continues to develop the software voice activated features allowing eyes to stay on the road. Great software features on this vehicle!!!!

Thanks @HC_79 for sharing Kyle's video. I really respect his opinion since he has reviewed so many EVs.
I didn't get the same sense of refinement in the UX nor the vehicle itself. I've worked in UX for almost thirty years now, so perhaps I'm a bit more picky. (Especially compared to, say, Lucid's UX, which to me is up there with Tesla.)

I agree with Sandy, there is no way VW, GM, Jeep can keep up with VinFast features. For ordinary population not looking for speed performance, this basically has all the functionalities.
I think for 50k~65k, this is very competitive towards Model-Y, it sort of attractive Chevy Blazer Premier and Tahoo crowd and eat a piece of GM, Toyota’s market share.
Ouch.....

Kyle gave 3 out of 10. 🤣 He is really no mercy 🤣, I think Kyle already had low expecting before he started the review. This car reminds me of Model-Y. Great infotainment with lots of features on screen to play around, but fail short of fit and finish and mostly efficiency range.

I think Sandy Munro and Elon are in same school of keep erasing assembly process to make production faster and cheaper for masses. This VinFast may fit that model of business, but the product itself is really not my tea. I don’t like its design at all, but I do believe at their price range, they can sell some EV SUVs and crossovers.

I honest don’t care about all its Tesla-isc features Kyle didnnot care to cover in his review such as CarPlay, AndroidAuto, Sentry Mode and Pet Mode in VinFast. Kyle is more of a hardware performance evaluator guy. I have Lucid, I love its performance and creature comfort than any other EV I rode. I just hope Lucid can keep up enhancing its UX by adding video streaming, Sentry Mode, real world range estimator, instantaneous consumption chart, I have high hope for Lucid down the road where Kyle has low expectation of VinFast.

I saw, valet mode, car wash mode, camping mode… etc.

I hope Lucid get that Valet mode down the road. Not only I want to lock what is personal in glovebox, I also want to protect my home address or navigation search history from valet driver on top of geo-fence to 1/4 mile radius for no joy ride.

Wow, I'm currently watching Kyle's Vinfast video and their infotainment UX seems really bad, everything seems laid out everywhere, and looks like a bad tesla UI copy IMO. It would 100% confuse me if I was using it. It showed games on one of its screens, so it's probably running some form of android on the car. The car certainly has features, I just doubt how well they were implemented.

Wow, I'm currently watching Kyle's Vinfast video and their infotainment UX seems really bad, everything seems laid out everywhere, and looks like a bad tesla UI copy IMO. It would 100% confuse me if I was using it. It showed games on one of its screens, so it's probably running some form of android on the car. The car certainly has features, I just doubt how well they were implemented.
Yes, very convoluted infotainment center. They are trying to put alot of icons to impress. At that price point, you will have to be wondering about built materials. Kyle loves Volvo EX90 coming in
2024, this VF8 compete it at 20k lower. Of course Volvo would be better quality.

Yes, very convoluted infotainment center. They are trying to put alot of icons to impress. At that price point, you will have to be wondering about built materials. Kyle loves Volvo EX90 coming in
2024, this VF8 compete it at 20k lower. Of course Volvo would be better quality.
I'm surprised at how talked about Vinfast is. After comparing the reviews of Vinfast from Kyle, Munro (and some other youtuber's like What's Inside), I question Munro's reliability as an unbiased source because Kyle's 3/10 is a slap in the face compared to the praise all the YouTubers gave when they were given a fancy vacation in Vietnam. I feel like Munro got bought out by Vinfast to do a promotion, and I think I've lost some faith and trust in the unbiased-ness in his videos. Makes me wonder where that Lucid teardown video is...

I personally never looked much into Vinfast, but I get the feeling they just jumped on the EV-bandwagon because it was trendy, rather than being passionate about electric cars like Peter Rawlinson and RJ Scaringe.

I feel like Munro got bought out by Vinfast to do a promotion, and I think I've lost some faith and trust in the unbiased-ness in his videos. Makes me wonder where that Lucid teardown video is
100%

There's a lot that doesn't seem quite right about VinFast. This Jalopnik review is concerning: https://jalopnik.com/vinfast-vf8-electric-car-first-drive-not-ready-for-u-s-1849892217
Wow......

"Our test drive gave way to the closing dinner on the final night. Between the over-the-top (but astoundingly talented) performances by some of Vietnam’s biggest pop stars and the influencers in our group praising what was an egregiously bad vehicle"

I hope these influencers get called out. After reading this, Kyles verdict i've come to the conclusion that even the likes of Sandy Munro have sold out

I think it goes to show how much the customer dictates in the outsourced engineering process. Magna has a long history of doing perfectly fine work for many different brands.

My commentary was more that Kyle was actually willing to indirectly besmirch Magna if he felt the product was bad...which I think is a good thing.

This journalist’s story is eerie bizarre going into Vietnam. It seems VinFast is just a cult show to boast accomplishment of richest man in Vietnam.

Back