Video streaming?

Drendino

Verified Owner
Cars
Grand Touring
DE Number
Yesterday I was a passenger in my buddy’s Tesla and found myself a little jelly that he could stream Netflix and YouTube videos while stopped. Is this something that we are eventually getting?

Yesterday I was a passenger in my buddy’s Tesla and found myself a little jelly that he could stream Netflix and YouTube videos while stopped. Is this something that we are eventually getting?
If they add it, so be it. I used the feature a total of two times in my Tesla. Wasn't worth the clunky, slow browsing interface, to be honest.

Personally, I'd much rather they focus on driving features and leave the entertainment to my phone or iPad. But I get why others may want this.

Possibly, but it's entirely unnecessary imo. It's all gimmicks to detract from the crappy build quality of the Teslas.

If they add it, so be it. I used the feature a total of two times in my Tesla. Wasn't worth the clunky, slow browsing interface, to be honest.

Personally, I'd much rather they focus on driving features and leave the entertainment to my phone or iPad. But I get why others may want this.
I get that and agree. I don’t need fart mode and light shows, but wouldn’t it be kinda cool to watch a movie in Dolby Atmos while charging?

I get that and agree. I don’t need fart mode and light shows, but wouldn’t it be kinda cool to watch a movie in Dolby Atmos while charging?
The screens are the wrong orientation. The upper screen maybe but it's small because of the curve. I think people with Max phones probably get real estate that is close to the same size.

The screens are the wrong orientation. The upper screen maybe but it's small because of the curve.
Great point. Given the portrait Pilot Panel, the video would be rather small. Not to mention, too low to be comfortable watching for 40 minutes or so.

My hope with charging is that I'm seldom at a charging station for more than 20-30 minutes, anyway. Not long enough for most Netflix shows, let alone a movie.

I have used it numerous times in my spouse's Model 3. It is pretty nice to watch different things while she is shopping or charging. Never had any problems with it. I do not think I would want it for my GT since the screens would not support it well. As we enter 2023, my only major problem is inconsistent EA charging.

As several others have stated, I’ve also felt that due to the design of the screens and their placement, streaming videos and gaming are probably not in the plans for the Air.

Honestly, I would literally be disappointed if anything like this was added to my luxury car. I am so glad they didn’t put any kind of video on the backside of the seats either. By the time our kids were teenagers, they never use those screens again in our SUVs, and I would delete them when ordering after that.

As a passenger I would rather have a headset and tablet and avoid annoying others. The only use case is while charging I guess. I would rather go to a coffee shop with a tablet and headset.

After reading the feedback, I almost feel cheap and impure for even suggesting defiling my Lucid with video streaming. I’m convinced!
The Gravity on the other hand...

Id love the ability to play youtube videos in the car like Tesla. Makes charging that much more bearable, and can be nice to play audio-only while driving.

Id love the ability to play youtube videos in the car like Tesla. Makes charging that much more bearable, and can be nice to play audio-only while driving.
That I do with YouTube premium while navigating at the same time and that is what I plan to do. Not sure if I want to use the lucid nav when I get my car. I will continue to use Google nav because I can plan the route on my chrome book, send it to the phone and use android auto or just the phone in weather tech cup holder phone mount like I have been doing for years.

Careful, people here have been banned for less. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: DJL
After reading the feedback, I almost feel cheap and impure for even suggesting defiling my Lucid with video streaming. I’m convinced!
Yeah, you should feel that way. Now, how about Zoom on your Lucid?

I cannot wait for this to show up on the Lucid.

I do hope we get those apps. But when I was using them while charging Tesla at Supercharging station, car went reboot few times. That was a year ago on Model-X latest software.

Possibly, but it's entirely unnecessary imo. It's all gimmicks to detract from the crappy build quality of the Teslas.

I don't use it much, but I have found myself watching YouTube in our Tesla while waiting in an airport cell phone lot. In fact, I've taken the Tesla instead of the Lucid a couple of times just for that reason -- and it's a very rare occasion when I would choose to drive the Tesla over the Lucid.

I’m telling myself if Polestar can do it, Lucid can do it too. It just takes some time to implement.

I do find video streaming when car is not in motion quite practical in today’s tech world. The upper right cockpit screen would be perfect location for it.

Back