Vampire Drain Analysis

WOW! How do you turn off wifi? Is it on the car or your phone, or somewhere else?

THANKS, Dom

Also, what is giving you the impression that mentioning another brand will get you in trouble? I have found comparisons to be very friendly discussions, and even when there is an "argument," its usually just some of us debating points of the comparison.
I mentioned another cheap foreign car I own with a BASIC function that Lucid does not have, and was basically told I would be censored if I kept mentioning other cars. I was too mean!

Not sure how to "close" the Lucid app! Is it on my phone, or the car, or somewhere else? What do you mean by work in the garage peacefully? If you bring your key in the garage will the car still open?

THANKS, Dom

Not sure how to "close" the Lucid app! Is it on my phone, or the car, or somewhere else? What do you mean by work in the garage peacefully? If you bring your key in the garage will the car still open?

THANKS, Dom
1. you can turn on/off wifi on the Pilot Panel in the Settings menu
2. please visit www.lucidupdates.com, where there is a thorough FAQ on mobile key and the Lucid app.

I mentioned another cheap foreign car I own with a BASIC function that Lucid does not have, and was basically told I would be censored if I kept mentioning other cars. I was too mean!
Please review the guidelines. This forum is a very friendly place largely because we all try to follow them.

My vampire drain dropped from 1-1.5 KWh/day to 0.5 when temps increased in the spring.

After the latest 2.1.2 OTA update I’m back up to 1 kWh / day.

I purchased SS Pro. I did not purchase either DD option. I have been listening to Tidal lately. I’m enjoying Dolby Atmos greatly.

I’ve turned off WiFi but no obvious impact.

Thoughts?

I got my lucid air pure this week and it lost 3 miles from 309-306 within 16 hours, is that normal?

Data for 15 days of leaving the Lucid Air Touring in garage during vacation:

Start = 74% charged (or 324 miles); 4 kWh
End: 69% charged (or 300 miles); 9 kWh

Therefore, lost 5% charge and “used” 5 kWh.

(Please see attached photos.)

Attachments

• IMG_9581.jpeg
    IMG_9581.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_9579.jpeg
    IMG_9579.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_1263.jpeg
    IMG_1263.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1261.jpeg
    IMG_1261.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 70
My car was recently down 3% in 12 days, or about 1% for every four days, not far off your figure of 1% per 3 days.

It seems vampire drain has been improved as months go by. It’s like coding, making code more organized elegantly and leaner by minimized unnecessary computing executions.

Data for 15 days of leaving the Lucid Air Touring in garage during vacation:

Start = 74% charged (or 324 miles); 4 kWh
End: 69% charged (or 300 miles); 9 kWh

Therefore, lost 5% charge and “used” 5 kWh.

(Please see attached photos.)
Very impressive efficiency numbers.

Charged both Lucid AirGT and Rivian R1D to 80% the day before recent trip to LA. Here is result this morning after 6 days of non-usage. (10/25/23~10/30/23)

AirGT -3% (accidentally login twice remotely because it is a widget on my iPhone default screen)
112kWh * -3% / 6 days = -0.56 kWh daily loss
(8 months ago 17 days vampire drain test was -0.47 kWh daily loss, about the same)
03862047-984B-44A6-86FE-5C2039B2B382.png

Rivian -4%
135kWh * -4% / 6 days = -0.9 kWh daily loss
(8 months ago 17 days vampire drain test was -2.86 kWh daily loss. Conclusion - Rivian OTA Updates has optimized huge loss in the past.)
DDB0C980-71FE-4A21-977F-535D52F39501.png

Last edited:
Charged both Lucid AirGT and Rivian R1D to 80% the day before recent trip to LA. Here is result this morning after 6 days of non-usage. (10/25/23~10/30/23)

AirGT -3% (accidentally login twice remotely because it is a widget on my iPhone default screen)
112kWh * -3% / 6 days = -0.56 kWh daily loss
(8 months ago 17 days vampire drain test was -0.47 kWh daily loss, about the same)

Rivian -4%
135kWh * -4% / 6 days = -0.9 kWh daily loss
(8 months ago 17 days vampire drain test was -2.86 kWh daily loss. Conclusion - Rivian OTA Updates has optimized huge loss in the past.)

I just did a similar test. Was on a trip back east for 9 days (one unplanned due to snow in Denver). Never checked the vehicles with the app

Air Touring : 78% -> 74%
Rivian R1S : 77% -> 68%

in looking at my Eero connection history, the Air connects to WiFi about every 5 hrs, the R1S wakes up about every 3 hours. Really hoping both manufacturers improve

I just did a similar test. Was on a trip back east for 9 days (one unplanned due to snow in Denver). Never checked the vehicles with the app

Air Touring : 78% -> 74%
Rivian R1S : 77% -> 68%

in looking at my Eero connection history, the Air connects to WiFi about every 5 hrs, the R1S wakes up about every 3 hours. Really hoping both manufacturers improve
People who want no vampire drain, how do you expect cars to improve without data?

People who want no vampire drain, how do you expect cars to improve without data?
I agree.
Lucid can have live connection with my car all day long if that helps them.
Besides, I've come to accept that it is what it is.
Nothing I can do about it.
For now, my wish is really not to have to visit the SC that often.

That's a lot of energy just for WiFi or LTE data.

Some can also be attributed to natural battery characteristics, temperature, etc.
My wife's AMG EQS has almost no vampire drain. It does have a "Start" button that keeps most systems off until pressed so maybe that is why.

Back