UX 3.0 Update

This is entirely consistent with traditional software numbering. The interface is a new version (V3) but the underlying software is substantially similar. I'm not aware of any new features that warrant more than a .1 bump in numbering. It's still V2 software.
Exactly what I was thinking. Something like version 2.11 is the “package” that goes to the car. Inside that package is a container for the UX which has its own internal versioning as 3.0. UX was assigned to the version 2.11 payload to the car.
 
Finally got the update on my 2025 Pure. Definitely happy with the aesthetic updates to match Gravity. I am a little bummed the camera refresh rate wasn’t maxed to Apple to Tesla smooth levels. Had high hopes for that. Same goes for the energy meter. Couldn’t they make that ting yang motion smoother? You’d think. The difference is negligible for me after the update. Maybe next time.

The multitasking is good. Makes you realize how it should’ve been that way from the start. Overall a nice modernization but can’t wait for more substantive new features of the hardware allows it (dash/sentry).
 
This may be nit-picky or there's something I don't understand, but today I used Waze and Lucid Nav together. Was great to have Waze alerts and Lucid doing the nav on the Pilot panel. If you are saying you can't Navigate on both simultaneously, that absolutely appears to be the case. But both appear to be able to utilize the GPS simultaneously, just routing on one or the other.
I found in my quick attempt that Google Maps on CarPlay wise you can’t navigate with that on top screen and lucid nav on bottom in terms of turn by turn on both. If you hit “go” on lucid nav it stops turn by turn on CarPlay Google Maps.
 
I found in my quick attempt that Google Maps on CarPlay wise you can’t navigate with that on top screen and lucid nav on bottom in terms of turn by turn on both. If you hit “go” on lucid nav it stops turn by turn on CarPlay Google Maps.
Agreed. Tried Google maps briefly, but mostly Waze in my brief testing. If Lucid maps were in control for routing, telling Waze to route (turn by turn) resulted in Lucid nav stopping immediately. You did the opposite but the same result. I can see why having two apps doing to turn-by-turn routing would be an issue (e.g. imagine if both had audible directions enabled).

It is nice though that both can utilize the GPS simultaneously, so one can route and the other one can show a different view or alerts. If I expect that traffic re-routing might come into play, I usually use Waze, which (for me) has done a good job of suggesting time saving alternative routes. Never used Lucid nav much (mostly Carplay apps), but am likely to more now.
 
You're usually the voice of reason here, but that just makes no sense. My iPhone only has one GPS, but I can have a dozen apps on it all using that GPS at the same time. It's just a data source, not an exclusive feed that can't be read by multiple apps.

I have long been frustrated that the Air does not allow two nav apps to be routing at the same time. My use case for that is to mostly use the built-in Lucid nav, which has a nicer user interface, but also have Waze open through CarPlay so that I can compare the proposed routes when we reach decision points based on current traffic.
I don’t know of another car that allows two navigations to either the same or different destinations at the same time. It seems like this could be confusing and potentially even dangerous once level 2++ is rolled out if you’re watching Waze actively navigate (as opposed to showing alerts and routing) but the car is following native nav.
 
I found in my quick attempt that Google Maps on CarPlay wise you can’t navigate with that on top screen and lucid nav on bottom in terms of turn by turn on both. If you hit “go” on lucid nav it stops turn by turn on CarPlay Google Maps.
That’s correct and exactly how it is on Gravity as well. I think it’s perhaps a safety limitation.
 
Agreed. Tried Google maps briefly, but mostly Waze in my brief testing. If Lucid maps were in control for routing, telling Waze to route (turn by turn) resulted in Lucid nav stopping immediately. You did the opposite but the same result. I can see why having two apps doing to turn-by-turn routing would be an issue (e.g. imagine if both had audible directions enabled).

It is nice though that both can utilize the GPS simultaneously, so one can route and the other one can show a different view or alerts. If I expect that traffic re-routing might come into play, I usually use Waze, which (for me) has done a good job of suggesting time saving alternative routes. Never used Lucid nav much (mostly Carplay apps), but am likely to more now.
What I would really like to see is like what’s in my wife’s Volvo XC 90, where when you activate Google Maps on CarPlay, it shows you turn by turn in her car behind the wheel, and then on her center screen it shows a wide shot of Google Maps showing the whole point from start to finish automatically. In UX 3.0, it seems like when you start the CarPlay Google Maps on the top screen, you have to then manually open the lucid nav on the pilot panel and manually adjust the zoom in and out to get a view of the whole trip. Of course, this is better than what we had before, but it would just be nice if they integrated CarPlay directly into the bottom screen. I don’t think it’s an Apple thing. I think it’s a lucid thing because you can do it on other cars having CarPlay on both screens at once showing different views
 
Finally got the 2.11 update. The UI is excellent.

However, does anyone have issue with "Easy Entry and Exit"? Before 2.11, the seat would go all the way back. After the update, the seat would only move so little and it's hard for me to get back into the car.
 
Minor detail but one that I appreciated so sharing..notice the wheels of your car on the pilot panel when you're in Park vs when you put the car in drive 😊...nice right?
 
You're usually the voice of reason here, but that just makes no sense. My iPhone only has one GPS, but I can have a dozen apps on it all using that GPS at the same time. It's just a data source, not an exclusive feed that can't be read by multiple apps.

I have long been frustrated that the Air does not allow two nav apps to be routing at the same time. My use case for that is to mostly use the built-in Lucid nav, which has a nicer user interface, but also have Waze open through CarPlay so that I can compare the proposed routes when we reach decision points based on current traffic.
This is true across every vehicle I’ve ever been in. There are a number of reasons: 1) they both do use the car’s gps, as the phone gps within a vehicle is less reliable (due to, in part, metallic tint and being inside the vehicle) and thus they use the vehicle’s chip which is housed outside the cabin.

In addition, there are many safety regulations prohibiting you from using multiple maps, etc.

I’m not an expert on the regulatory piece, but it is true across CarPlay-enabled vehicles, to my knowledge.

If I'm not mistaken CarPlay uses the GPS in the phone.. there should be no issue using the Lucid GPS on the Pilot Panel and the AA or CP nav in the top panel at the same time.
You are mistaken. For wireless CarPlay, the vehicle providing the GPS is a requirement. For wired CarPlay, it is optional (and can use your phone’s GPS), but the vast majority of manufacturers implement it anyway. Apple prefers it, for the reasons mentioned above.

I don’t know of another car that allows two navigations to either the same or different destinations at the same time. It seems like this could be confusing and potentially even dangerous once level 2++ is rolled out if you’re watching Waze actively navigate (as opposed to showing alerts and routing) but the car is following native nav.
Same.
 
WOW! I just installed the update and applause all around for the new software team! Nothing is perfect, but this is a huge leap forward. Audio quality - much more bass. Being able to have Nav on he bottom screen and music on the top, wonderful, as it should always have been. The iPhone lock and unlock is working perfectly - I hope that continues. The car "remembers" me and what I was doing, resumes with the same song. It seems like they fixed a lot of the issues that drove me crazy. I have not figured out how to keep it from locking in my garage yet but I'm hoping that's in there somewhere.

My one question - how do you get out of Carplay and go back to the native Lucid interface up top? With the old software, if you pressed the Lucid Nav button, it would take you out of carplay. I am guessing there's a button I'm overlooking?
 
WOW! I just installed the update and applause all around for the new software team! Nothing is perfect, but this is a huge leap forward. Audio quality - much more bass. Being able to have Nav on he bottom screen and music on the top, wonderful, as it should always have been. The iPhone lock and unlock is working perfectly - I hope that continues. The car "remembers" me and what I was doing, resumes with the same song. It seems like they fixed a lot of the issues that drove me crazy. I have not figured out how to keep it from locking in my garage yet but I'm hoping that's in there somewhere.

My one question - how do you get out of Carplay and go back to the native Lucid interface up top? With the old software, if you pressed the Lucid Nav button, it would take you out of carplay. I am guessing there's a button I'm overlooking?
The Lucid “L” button tile in CarPlay. I don’t see any other way to revert back.
 
The Lucid “L” button tile in CarPlay. I don’t see any other way to revert back.
(FWIW, this is also the way it works on all vehicles with CarPlay, so that’s a reliable way to get out of CarPlay on any vehicle; there will always be a manufacturer icon that takes you back. Some vehicles have additional methods, but this one is always there)
 
(FWIW, this is also the way it works on all vehicles with CarPlay, so that’s a reliable way to get out of CarPlay on any vehicle; there will always be a manufacturer icon that takes you back. Some vehicles have additional methods, but this one is always there)
For sure. Am I completely blanking out, or did the prior software version have another way to get out of CarPlay because I never used the L button.
 
For sure. Am I completely blanking out, or did the prior software version have another way to get out of CarPlay because I never used the L button.
There used to be icons on the left side for home, media, etc. They have now extended CarPlay to take up the full possible width, so those icons are gone.
 
This is true across every vehicle I’ve ever been in. There are a number of reasons: 1) they both do use the car’s gps, as the phone gps within a vehicle is less reliable (due to, in part, metallic tint and being inside the vehicle) and thus they use the vehicle’s chip which is housed outside the cabin.

In addition, there are many safety regulations prohibiting you from using multiple maps, etc.

I’m not an expert on the regulatory piece, but it is true across CarPlay-enabled vehicles, to my knowledge.


You are mistaken. For wireless CarPlay, the vehicle providing the GPS is a requirement. For wired CarPlay, it is optional (and can use your phone’s GPS), but the vast majority of manufacturers implement it anyway. Apple prefers it, for the reasons mentioned above.


Same.
Yup. Tried it in the car and while you can display maps on second navigation app you can only have a destination on one map at a time. My speculation was dead wrong.
 
Back
Top