2024 Sapphire owner here (No. 16), 12,600 miles. Love the car overall but not a fan at all of this update. So far, there is nothing I like better about his update over the previous version.
My opinions:
Screens are too bright at night.
Can't truly blackout bottom screen.
Double tap blackout of bottom screen no longer available.
Do people really change regen settings often enough for it to be the primary display feature? I wouldn't think so.
Smooth/Swift/Sapphire modes are too high up on screen.
Multistep just to get to Trip Display and Glove Box
Recommendations:
Include option for darker displays, even when on
Bring back double tap blackout of bottom display
Better yet, create a dark mode, which only displays speed and %/miles remaining and blacks out all other screens (off not dimmed)
Change Smooth/Swift/Sapphire modes back to original location and regen inside of them as previous
Bring Trip Display and Glove Box back to main screen
Would be nice if the range miles would dynamically update based on current miles/kwh. Useless now, always have to use % and do math. It's that type of thing I was hoping to see with this update, not a rearrangement of how to access settings.
Everyone has their own opinions, but this new update is a huge downgrade and has made the car driving experience significantly worse for me. And I say this as a huge Lucid Sapphire fan.