UX 3.0 Feature Wishlists

Add the efficiency in m/kwh to the left side of the center screen instead of just showing miles driven. That's in your first bullet but I'm reiterating it since it's so obvious and should be so simple. Plenty of room to fit it and the car already calculates it.
I really thought this update would have brought some sort of feedback on efficiency or performance to the forefront of the interface, or at the very least buried somewhere so enthusiasts could find it. For a vehicle so focused on performance and efficiency it seems odd not to provide this information.

There's a minimalist philosophy in Lucid's interface design which makes for attractive displays but also leaves much to be desired for the technically-minded user.
 
I would love to have the ability to turn on parking view and ability to fold mirrors on the main screen without needing to go to another screen. These are my commonly used feature every day.
You can add the parking camera button to the bottom row buttons on the pilot panel. Just tap the 3 dots to bring up all the options and then press and hold. Then you can customize which buttons appear on the bottom, and in what order. Won't help with mirror folding but you can have the parking camera.
 
This was years ago, and it was a Lucid employee who I am sure is long gone, so take it with a grain of salt. But they said having the efficiency show on the center cockpit panel of the Air is impossible. For hardware reasons. The way the screens are wired, the way the different screens talk to each other, etc. It simply can’t be done. That data cannot get to that screen.

Sounds nuts. But then again, more than a few people who would know have told me the Air’s hardware and the way it’s all wired together is the work of a lunatic, so I would not be totally surprised.

Gravity has the dynamic range right there on the left side. You’d think they would have included it on the Air while they were porting everything else over. So maybe it’s true.
The trip info screen on the pilot panel has buttons where you select which trip to display on the main dash, so clearly they're talking to each other
 
The trip info screen on the pilot panel has buttons where you select which trip to display on the main dash, so clearly they're talking to each other
Big difference between “show a or b” and send continual updates on the past ten miles of efficiency, though.
 
Big difference between “show a or b” and send continual updates on the past ten miles of efficiency, though.
Also, doesn’t mean they are actually talking to each other. One could be writing, while the other reading, from the mobile API. Which, I know for a fact, does not include efficiency information.
 
It was not there in early versions.

What was there was the EPA estimate, which requires no math, and no knowledge of you current efficiency. That’s the missing piece they can’t get to that screen.
That's just plain not true. Joe, do you not understand what we are talking about? For about the first year I owned my Air, on the left side of the cockpit where I currently have mine configured to show miles since last charged, it also displayed the driving efficiency in mi/kwh. There was a lot of complaining here when it disappeared. Search the forum and I'm sure you can find it. The consensus seemed to be that the number was embarasing so they removed it.
 
That's just plain not true. Joe, do you not understand what we are talking about? For about the first year I owned my Air, on the left side of the cockpit where I currently have mine configured to show miles since last charged, it also displayed the driving efficiency in mi/kwh. There was a lot of complaining here when it disappeared. Search the forum and I'm sure you can find it. The consensus seemed to be that the number was embarasing so they removed it.
I did search the forum. And I posted the results.

The number was never based on current efficiency. It was never accurate. So they removed it.
 
That's just plain not true. Joe, do you not understand what we are talking about? For about the first year I owned my Air, on the left side of the cockpit where I currently have mine configured to show miles since last charged, it also displayed the driving efficiency in mi/kwh. There was a lot of complaining here when it disappeared. Search the forum and I'm sure you can find it. The consensus seemed to be that the number was embarasing so they removed it.
You two are talking past each other. These are the things that are true:
1) There used to be a mi/kwh display on the left dash.
2) It was a straight multiplication of EPA range x SOC%.
3) The above facts meant that it was always wrong.
4) Gravity has a dynamic option that calculates it based on recent efficiency.
5) Air does not have, and has never had, a dynamic option that calculates it based on recent efficiency, with precisely one exception: the arrival SOC in the Lucid nav is dynamic on both vehicles.
6) It was removed from the left side because the static EPA x SOC range was lying to drivers and upsetting them.
7) There have been rumblings that the left screen can never get the dynamic efficiency due to various architectural reasons.

Those are the facts. As long as we can all agree on those, y’all can go on having opinions. :)
 
List of things I'd like to see in a future update in no particular order:
- real range based on driving habits
- v2h support
- dashcam/video recording on approach
- passive unlock with phone that is much faster
- AA covers whole right screen
- custom colors for interior lights
- customize left panel
- rear and side view camera while driving
- dream drive activation on all roads
- more API features (for my own Ai to access)
- auto dimming panels

I really like the new update. It looks modern compared to the dated look of previous versions. I like the customizable buttons at the bottom. The map route options are great. I love the multitasking feature. I have not encountered any bugs, yet, so great job QA team! This is a huge improvement. Great job Lucid!
 

This topic was brought up at the Lucid Owners’ Club Q&A in Chicago last weekend. Doesn’t appear it is coming anytime soon for the Air, if even coming at all.
At the Lucid Owners Club Q&A in Dearborn / Detroit I asked Nick Twork this very question. Nick was very clear in stating that this is not going to be delivered in UX 3.0. So I've gone ahead and started install of a Thinkware Dual Channel dash cam in my car. The glass canopy significantly complicates the idea of "hiding" the cables. Started it yesterday, hope to finish it today. Might post a video of the install if the video comes out right.
 
It sounds like a poll to help prioritize and get some consensus around the most requested changes would be helpful. I'm not sure I know how to do that.
 
So I've gone ahead and started install of a Thinkware Dual Channel dash cam in my car. The glass canopy significantly complicates the idea of "hiding" the cables. Started it yesterday, hope to finish it today. Might post a video of the install if the video comes out right.
Give us your assessment of the Thinkware.
How do you power it?
Thanks.
 
Give us your assessment of the Thinkware.
How do you power it?
Thanks.
I can do that easily. I've been using Thinkware since 2017. First F750 in my Camaro and my wife's Volt. Then I upgraded the Camaro to the F800 and put the F750 in my SRX. Then somewhere along the line I must've upgraded the Volt to F800. I say that because the Volt was totaled and I took the cameras out of it and left them in a box in the basement. The replacement for the Volt was a Model Y that already had Sentry Mode. The hardware from the Volt is what I am putting in AIR0GNT and it's clearly an F800 setup.

In all applications I have powered the cameras from hardwiring to the fuse box. For AIR0GNT I'm adding the Thinkware BAB-50 external battery. I don't want the parking surveillance mode to compromise the 12V battery.

Lucid Air has (3) fuse boxes. The one to use is in the front passenger footwell. It is fuse MB10, the fuse that powers the trunk 12V socket. I find this interesting, since one of the fuseboxes is located near the trunk battery, right under the 12V socket. I would have expected the fuse power the 12V to be there, but it isn't.

1791311219528.webp
 
Last edited:
Back
Top