Used owner's problems?

I don't even mind if they ignore the paint chip area, the paint imperfections are nowhere close to the rock chips.
And I wouldn't mind to pay for the fixing of rock chips.

But I'm starting to feel like the "secondary owner" thing could really cause problems for me, and I've only had the car for 2 weeks now.

And already I'm not invited to the Holiday event and secondary owner is being considered for services and repair.

I always considered Lucid to be like an exclusive club or like a family of owners.
And I have a confirmed reservation and finalization as well dating as far back to early 2021
Didn't think Lucid would ostracize me for it, I thought Lucid would be more inclusive and supporting of their members.

I'm definitely venting a little bit. I'm just frustrated I guess since I heard the phone call where I was told the "boss" didn't approve certain services because I'm a secondary owner.
Sorry, Volund. Very disappointing to read, given how new the car is. Perhaps it's a slippery slope in Lucid's view. If we take care of this secondary owner, where do we draw the line for secondary-owner cars that are slightly older than yours? Maybe they're creating a disincentive for others to buy on the secondary market, so as not to put a dent in their sales numbers? Good luck going forward.

Sorry, Volund. Very disappointing to read, given how new the car is. Perhaps it's a slippery slope in Lucid's view. If we take care of this secondary owner, where do we draw the line for secondary-owner cars that are slightly older than yours? Maybe they're creating a disincentive for others to buy on the secondary market, so as not to put a dent in their sales numbers? Good luck going forward.
I was thinking about that, but I'm taking @Firstto520 word for it that I will be given the same respect as an original owner.

Because if there was a distinction, I and many others would NOT recommend Lucid on the resale market, and thus would probably ruin the brand image as no one would ever want to pick it up second hand from fear of being ostracized.

So I will keep this thread updated on everything that happens. There are some major things (whole center console has to be replaced)
And so they gave me a month to order the parts. So currently I'm just driving as is while they order all the parts. I think in about 1 or 2 more weeks I should get a phone call.

Has anyone had Lucid reimburse them for protections and other things following a service replacement?

If my entire center console needs to be replaced, I have ceramics and protection film across all screens that Lucid should pay for in that case.

How was the conversion brought forth?

Has anyone had Lucid reimburse them for protections and other things following a service replacement?

If my entire center console needs to be replaced, I have ceramics and protection film across all screens that Lucid should pay for in that case.

I don't know for sure, but I doubt most companies would reimburse you for any after-market add-ons you did to the car. They guarantee the parts of the car they made, not what was added after the fact.

I don't know for sure, but I doubt most companies would reimburse you for any after-market add-ons you did to the car. They guarantee the parts of the car they made, not what was added after the fact.
Yes. I had that exact experience with Mercedes once.

On the contrary, Lucid has had PPF reapplied 2 times and will be a third for me on components being replaced on the exterior. This has been done at no cost to me and was offered to me before I raised the concern. I haven’t had anything done on the interior so I don’t know there.

On the contrary, Lucid has had PPF reapplied 2 times and will be a third for me on components being replaced on the exterior. This has been done at no cost to me and was offered to me before I raised the concern. I haven’t had anything done on the interior so I don’t know there.
Wow. That's quite generous. Good to know. Although, I imagine this is dependent on situation. They may not do this for everyone, necessarily.

Wow. That's quite generous. Good to know. Although, I imagine this is dependent on situation. They may not do this for everyone, necessarily.
This is true. My car was delivered with a cracked rear windshield (I was told in advance so there was no surprise), the cantrails and bow tie were one use pieces and since I had PPF installed, they reapplied to the new ones. Well, there was a tiny, and I mean tiny, tear in one of the cantrails but this wasn’t acceptable to the service manager. My car was taken back and new cantrails and PPF applied. Well, then the bow tie didn’t match up gap wise due to cantrail revisions, so they will be taking it back to do the new bow tie and PPF on that. Tremendous service imo. But true, may not apply to every instance.

This is true. My car was delivered with a cracked rear windshield (I was told in advance so there was no surprise), the cantrails and bow tie were one use pieces and since I had PPF installed, they reapplied to the new ones. Well, there was a tiny, and I mean tiny, tear in one of the cantrails but this wasn’t acceptable to the service manager. My car was taken back and new cantrails and PPF applied. Well, then the bow tie didn’t match up gap wise due to cantrail revisions, so they will be taking it back to do the new bow tie and PPF on that. Tremendous service imo. But true, may not apply to every instance.
When they cracked my rear windshield during a service they also retinted it for me.

My PPF guys were willing to redo PPF on any replaced parts for free because they’re awesome (OCDetailing)

When they cracked my rear windshield during a service they also retinted it for me.

My PPF guys were willing to redo PPF on any replaced parts for free because they’re awesome (OCDetailing)
Yea I’ve never had any sort of resistance to making my vehicle anything but perfect (I believe you and I use the same service center in Millbrae).
That’s awesome about your PPF company, I’m a little further north so the trek down and back to get the vehicle wasn’t all that appealing. Lucid offered to allow me to use my company that did my work and reimburse me, I just had them use whichever shop they use in the Bay Area.

I had a black trim piece at the bottom of one of the doors replaced at Millbrae. They offered to reimburse me for reapplying PPF on that when I asked. But the PPF shop (Deep Reflections) did it for free.

Hi, I just got my AT 4 weeks ago and has been at the Lucid shop for a week for other issues but now they called me to tell me they cracked the rear windshield :-( They were working on the bow even though I told them not to. Does this happen often and will it affect resale value? Thanks.

Hi, I just got my AT 4 weeks ago and has been at the Lucid shop for a week for other issues but now they called me to tell me they cracked the rear windshield :-( They were working on the bow even though I told them not to. Does this happen often and will it affect resale value? Thanks.
Not often and not sure why it would since it's not an accident on record?

No, and no. It’s just glass.

Back