Used owner's problems?

Volund

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
I'm making this post here and am pending a decision that will be made tomorrow.

Other members are aware of my issues with my car during my road trip, including frunk problems, hood misalignment, HVAC not working, etc...
(refer also to my post here https://lucidowners.com/threads/unexpected-frunk-opening.1600/post-91060 )
Service team came out and was super great about everything, but apparently the 'big boss' needs to make the final decision on whether or not they will be willing to give me as good quality service as 1st gen owners.
It makes no sense to me why this is even a consideration given that the car was delivered October 17. Shouldn't matter what generation owner I am, if the car is less than 3 months old.

Plus before I made the purchase I called Lucid Customer Care and explained to them I was purchasing, and they told me regardless of used or new, the warranty will transfer, especially because of how new the cars are (not like I'm trying to take advantage of service and warranty 5 years after receiving the car)

Will keep everyone updated in this thread what happens.

I really hope Lucid helps me out and I think it will really make the brand that much more appealing and helpful in the eyes of spectators or others looking to buy.

I've never even had that come up. I had a few trim and frunk alignment issues, they scheduled a time to come out to my house, pick up my car and drop off a rental. They're doing the tow hook recall work while it's there. Zero questions about being the original owner, it shouldn't matter since a warranty is a warranty.

I've never even had that come up. I had a few trim and frunk alignment issues, they scheduled a time to come out to my house, pick up my car and drop off a rental. They're doing the tow hook recall work while it's there. Zero questions about being the original owner, it shouldn't matter since a warranty is a warranty.
Unfortunately not,
got the update today, they said because there's a paint chip on the hood, and that I'm a secondary owner, it will not be looked at.
Highly disappointed in that response.

The rest of the problems, bent contrails due to the Frunk opening, misalignment of frunk, bent back contrail due to trunk, trunk liner issues, wheel liner issue, usb C not working, rear HVAC not working, car won't precondition for charging, that stuff is being fixed, as it should. They had to order a whole replacement center console for that.

I don't even mind if they ignore the paint chip area, the paint imperfections are nowhere close to the rock chips.
And I wouldn't mind to pay for the fixing of rock chips.

But I'm starting to feel like the "secondary owner" thing could really cause problems for me, and I've only had the car for 2 weeks now.

And already I'm not invited to the Holiday event and secondary owner is being considered for services and repair.

I always considered Lucid to be like an exclusive club or like a family of owners.
And I have a confirmed reservation and finalization as well dating as far back to early 2021
Didn't think Lucid would ostracize me for it, I thought Lucid would be more inclusive and supporting of their members.

I'm definitely venting a little bit. I'm just frustrated I guess since I heard the phone call where I was told the "boss" didn't approve certain services because I'm a secondary owner.

I don't even mind if they ignore the paint chip area, the paint imperfections are nowhere close to the rock chips.

But I'm starting to feel like the "secondary owner" thing could really cause problems for me, and I've only had the car for 2 weeks now.

And already I'm not invited to the Holiday event and secondary owner is being considered for services and repair.

I always considered Lucid to be like an exclusive club or like a family of owners.
And I have a confirmed reservation and finalization as well dating as far back to early 2021
Didn't think Lucid would ostracize me for it, I thought Lucid would be more inclusive and supporting of their members.
Did you reply to @Firstto520 when he posted about the second batch of invites? I'm willing to bet the invitation this was an oversight, not an intentional slight.

He messaged me and told me I'm not invited because I'm a secondary owner
Oh wow. So much for that theory.

I agree, that's not good. Sorry.

Well, you will always be welcome as a first-class citizen here.

Sorry to hear of this, it does sound like you may be treated like a second class citizen when you should be just as welcome as anyone else.

He messaged me and told me I'm not invited because I'm a secondary owner
I’m one of the early GT owners. Took delivery in early May. Also was part of the 100 beta testers for Version 2.0. I also did not get that invite. Not bitching about that - I really don’t care and most likely would not have gone anyway.

Unfortunately not,
got the update today, they said because there's a paint chip on the hood, and that I'm a secondary owner, it will not be looked at.
Highly disappointed in that response.

The rest of the problems, bent contrails due to the Frunk opening, misalignment of frunk, bent back contrail due to trunk, trunk liner issues, wheel liner issue, usb C not working, rear HVAC not working, car won't precondition for charging, that stuff is being fixed, as it should. They had to order a whole replacement center console for that.
I understand the paint chip thing as they would have no way to know if it was from factory that way or not. Other stuff being fixed is the way it should be. Sucks about the party invite...though which place would you go?

I understand the paint chip thing as they would have no way to know if it was from factory that way or not. Other stuff being fixed is the way it should be. Sucks about the party invite...though which place would you go?
They mentioned if it was the original owner they would've taken care of it. They specifically told me because I'm a secondary owner, it wouldn't be considered. So definitely seems like a bias there.

Previous owner told me he got a Utah invite. Asked if he should rsvp for me lol

But I wouldn't mind going to Scottsdale or Denver locations.
But I told him they'd probably check my identity or something.

Guess I'm out of that club

I’m one of the early GT owners. Took delivery in early May. Also was part of the 100 beta testers for Version 2.0. I also did not get that invite. Not bitching about that - I really don’t care and most likely would not have gone anyway.
What's funny is that I'm in the beta group too, I get all the updates first as well with you guys.

They mentioned if it was the original owner they would've taken care of it. They specifically told me because I'm a secondary owner, it wouldn't be considered. So definitely seems like a bias there.

Previous owner told me he got a Utah invite. Asked if he should rsvp for me lol

But I wouldn't mind going to Scottsdale or Denver locations.
But I told him they'd probably check my identity or something.

Guess I'm out of that club

I hope they address the issues with your car and you get to enjoy it to it’s fullest.

I'm definitely venting a little bit. I'm just frustrated I guess since I heard the phone call where I was told the "boss" didn't approve certain services because I'm a secondary owner.
Should not be any distinction between original and secondary owners.

I have responded to your DM, appreciate anything you're able to do to help, and messaged you about our first DM as well.
Not sure how many DMS you get, but I'm sure it was buried somewhere.

**edit**
Apologies to you, it wasn't you I spoke with, it was mcr16

Good morning all. Some bits lost in translation here. On the Studio holiday invitation, it did go out to a relatively small group of people based on capacity at Studios. But the point made was that @Volund may not have gotten an invite because, as a person who did not purchase directly from us, his email may not be in our systems.

With regard to warranty work, there should be no distinction between original owners and those who purchased from a prior owner.

With regard to warranty work, there should be no distinction between original owners and those who purchased from a prior owner.
Absolutely. From reading what @Volund posted, the problem was that the service team had verbal diarrhea in telling him they might be willing to go beyond the strict confines of the warranty for an original owner but would observe the confines of the warranty for secondary owners. No good purpose was served by telling the owner consideration might have been given to an original owner. All they had to say was that there was other paint damage present so it didn't qualify for warranty repair. Period. Adding the qualifier made this a poor interaction.

Back