RESOLVED USB shuffle?

fbechodoc

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Touring
OTA update 2.2.2 was supposed to introduce Shuffle for USB audio. I use USB audio in my Lucid, but I don't see a shuffle icon on the display. Can anyone tell me how to engage shuffle play with USB audio? Thank you!

I hadn't seen it yesterday, but if you have the USB selected and playing, the display on the right side of the cockpit should show the shuffle option on the far right and the repeat function on the left, underneath the song. It's nice not to have all my songs playing in alphabetical order!

Thank you! And I salute your ambition for actually playing music from your USB drive to find the solution. I apparently couldn't be bothered to try that. I assumed it ought to work like my old iPod Nano. Or my old Tesla M3, for that matter. I appreciate your help.

USB is the best sound quality you can get in the Air, outside of Dolby tracks on Tidal. Although I do think Dolby Atmos is technically possible via USB as well. There's just not many easy ways to get tracks.

USB is the best sound quality you can get in the Air, outside of Dolby tracks on Tidal. Although I do think Dolby Atmos is technically possible via USB as well. There's just not many easy ways to get tracks.
Yeah, lossy Atmos tracks play from USB same as from Tidal. But the only way I know to buy full 7.1.4 Atmos music is on BluRay, which is lossless. And as far as I can tell nothing can encode that to the lossy Atmos format except Dolby’s elusive pro software.

I hadn't seen it yesterday, but if you have the USB selected and playing, the display on the right side of the cockpit should show the shuffle option on the far right and the repeat function on the left, underneath the song. It's nice not to have all my songs playing in alphabetical order!
I don't want to listen to songs in alphabetical order, but I'd like to see a lot more than shuffle. 25 years ago, I could add folders to a playlist (back then, add up to six CDs to a physical player but same idea) and when one finished, it would go to the next. I don't want to hunt things down when I'm driving, or have the contents of one album finish and end up listening to nothing.

There should be a way to queue things (either songs or albums/folders), "favorite" things, make playlists that can be picked from a menu, etc. What's there right now is literally less capable in some ways than a 25 year old CD changer, except for the obvious ability to have potentially hundreds instead of six. But it takes so long to load the USB that I wonder how useful improvements would really be for me if they can't figure out how to pick up where the car left off without rescanning the drive if the drive never got removed.

M3U or PLS format playlist support would go a long way here - you could assemble a playlist on a real computer and bring to the car. But given how few users there are that would actually use this functionality I can respect an argument that it's not worth the engineer time to implement.

It's a shame that Lucid has this really capable Atmos hardware but it's so hard to actually show it off. The Tidal-supplied app is pretty bad (just compare to the Spotify app next to it) and does not easily surface Atmos tracks.

I'm glad they seem to understand that improvements to the USB interface will help market the sound system by making it that much more possible to play Atmos tracks.

I don't want to listen to songs in alphabetical order, but I'd like to see a lot more than shuffle. 25 years ago, I could add folders to a playlist (back then, add up to six CDs to a physical player but same idea) and when one finished, it would go to the next. I don't want to hunt things down when I'm driving, or have the contents of one album finish and end up listening to nothing.

There should be a way to queue things (either songs or albums/folders), "favorite" things, make playlists that can be picked from a menu, etc. What's there right now is literally less capable in some ways than a 25 year old CD changer, except for the obvious ability to have potentially hundreds instead of six. But it takes so long to load the USB that I wonder how useful improvements would really be for me if they can't figure out how to pick up where the car left off without rescanning the drive if the drive never got removed.
Try the new update. It has shuffle play. It also remembers where you left off after a stop.

Back