USB media cuts out after a few seconds and constantly reloads

Unmutual

Cars
Unverified AGT Owner :)
Would appreciate any insights. I bought a new SanDisk Ultra Fit USB 3.1 drive and downloaded my Apple Music library on to it. I plugged the drive into the car and got the "loading" message. Eventually the list of albums, artists, etc. showed up on the screen so I selected the first song, which was Rush's "2112" (hey, don't judge ....). After 5 seconds the audio stopped and the "loading" message returned. The song would not restart. I removed the drive and tried again. Repeat 5 times. Often the loading gets stuck at 70%, but it usually resolves and I see the albums, etc., but no song will play for more than a couple of seconds and the drive is constantly reloading.

Seems too trivial to bother service at this point, but I was wondering if anyone else had the issue and if it was resolved. Many thanks.

Would appreciate any insights. I bought a new SanDisk Ultra Fit USB 3.1 drive and downloaded my Apple Music library on to it. I plugged the drive into the car and got the "loading" message. Eventually the list of albums, artists, etc. showed up on the screen so I selected the first song, which was Rush's "2112" (hey, don't judge ....). After 5 seconds the audio stopped and the "loading" message returned. The song would not restart. I removed the drive and tried again. Repeat 5 times. Often the loading gets stuck at 70%, but it usually resolves and I see the albums, etc., but no song will play for more than a couple of seconds and the drive is constantly reloading.

Seems too trivial to bother service at this point, but I was wondering if anyone else had the issue and if it was resolved. Many thanks.
Well, you answered your own question. 2112 is so long, the track doesn't fit in the Lucid's memory buffer.

(JK. Huge Rush fan.)

How many songs are in your library? It does seem as if there's a limit to how much music you can put on the stick and have it load properly. Seems as if the entire stick needs to fit into the car's memory, as it loads the whole thing and then plays from local storage, rather than directly from the stick. I only put 20 or 30 albums on my stick to start off, and it works fine. But many of those are large, flac files of 20+ minute tracks. So I don't think individual file size is the problem. It's the overall size of the library.

Interesting. About 58 gigs on the stick. Songs are in M4A format. I will try again with an edited song list.

Thank you.

Just to follow up, I reduced the size of the library on the stick to around 38 gigs and it now works without issues. And 2112 sounds magnificent in the car.

Back