Update regarding Phone as a Key availability for Gravity owners

I think my biggest complaint about this is that this is a feature that was promised at launch. Then by end of 2025, then "probably" in 1Q26, then definitely by 3Q26. You may see it as an "arbitrary deadline" but Lucid is the one that decided on that and communicated it multiple times over the last 10 months or so (as the first mention was make by Nick Twork in January IIRC). As far as I know, Lucid has yet to hit any deadline they've made public regarding the Gravity. If they don't like/want to make those dates then maybe they should stop talking about them.
We were promised V2H on the Air in 2022.
 
We were promised V2H on the Air in 2022.
Should we count the missed deadlines and empty promises from Tesla? How big are the servers supporting this website?

FSD was announced in 2016 for 2017 delivery. Beta rolled out in 2020 to select users. This year in 2026 there seems to finally be a palatable product that was advertised 10 years prior.

I'm not trying to get into a pissing match about Tesla vs Lucid but announcing features and then having delays is industry standard.
 
Last edited:
We were promised V2H on the Air in 2022.
Isn't part of the problem with V2H that the standard isn't quite there yet? If it is the case that the V2H standard hasn't been finalized (for whatever reason) then I could understand the delay. The bigger question is was Lucid misled/misleading about V2H standard availability?
 
Maybe I just don't understand the tech, but 8 years ago I got my fob-less Tesla M3 and I used my phone every time and never had an issue. So what is taking so long that would be worth improving on this? I know they're doing it differently in the Wallet but like, it can't get better than working 100% of the time, so why wouldn't they just do it the same way Tesla did and be done with this madness?
I know on my 26 X5 it supported Apple Wallet keys and it only worked 1/2 the time. So hopefully this extra time allows Lucid to ensure it’s seamless.
 
I know on my 26 X5 it supported Apple Wallet keys and it only worked 1/2 the time. So hopefully this extra time allows Lucid to ensure it’s seamless.
iPhone? My X5 (2025) has worked flawlessly, and I have never carried the key fob. Same with my Hyundai.
 
Back
Top