Unable to engage drive or reverse

I use that for for back up leaving my phone in car without thinking is easier than accidentally leaving fob clipped to my belt loop. Now if my Samsung g3 watch would open the door that might be a great solution . Thanks for the suggestion but fob batteries should last longer than a month. And lithium cells they go dead instantly... Very little drain down time hence little warning. A tech guy told me you can open car with dead key by placing it under the pillar camera and then pressing the rear door handle several times. Keep a spare battery in cari guess. Haven't tested that yet but for s150k car this is not classy
I've had my car for 5 months now and use the fob only. I still have not replaced the battery and the car still responds to it. I probably should change the battery just to be sure that it will continue to work though. I have not had to do the fob as a "valet card" yet.

I use that for for back up leaving my phone in car without thinking is easier than accidentally leaving fob clipped to my belt loop. Now if my Samsung g3 watch would open the door that might be a great solution . Thanks for the suggestion but fob batteries should last longer than a month. And lithium cells they go dead instantly... Very little drain down time hence little warning. A tech guy told me you can open car with dead key by placing it under the pillar camera and then pressing the rear door handle several times. Keep a spare battery in cari guess. Haven't tested that yet but for s150k car this is not classy
You may want to reach out to service about your fob draining the battery. I haven't changed my fob battery for over 6 months until my 1 year service when they did it for me. It's been 3 months now and still no problem with the battery.

I've had my car for 5 months now and use the fob only. I still have not replaced the battery and the car still responds to it. I probably should change the battery just to be sure that it will continue to work though. I have not had to do the fob as a "valet card" yet.
I have been told by tech that keys need to be kept 50 feet from car or they try to connect and likewise from each other (2 fobs) because they connect with each other. Also any movement of the fob causes it to activate and use battery... Just sharing what I was told about 2 weeks ago. Also these connect attempts t trend to phantom discharge battery status of vehicle. The fobd are problematic

Use the Mobile Key and carry the valet key in your wallet for backup. I find having the mobile key and real key at the same time causes confusion with the car.

Use the Mobile Key and carry the valet key in your wallet for backup. I find having the mobile key and real key at the same time causes confusion with the car.
This is the way.

Perhaps I am assuming incorrectly but the mobile key I expect works only when the app is open. Carrying key and fob with app closed therefore should not sending mixed signals simultaneously to the car. Please advise. Thanks

Perhaps I am assuming incorrectly but the mobile key I expect works only when the app is open. Carrying key and fob with app closed therefore should not sending mixed signals simultaneously to the car. Please advise. Thanks
This is incorrect. The mobile key, other than initial setup, has nothing to do with the app.

This is incorrect. The mobile key, other than initial setup, has nothing to do with the app.
So just to be clear you are saying my phone (mobile key) is always talking to car regardless of app status. I this via bluetooth, WiFi, cellular? If you know

So just to be clear you are saying my phone (mobile key) is always talking to car regardless of app status. I this via bluetooth, WiFi, cellular? If you know
Not always. Just when you are within Bluetooth range. But yes. It maintains that connection while you are near the car. And it automatically starts and stops that connection when you come in and out of range.

Not always. Just when you are within Bluetooth range. But yes. It maintains that connection while you are near the car. And it automatically starts and stops that connection when you come in and out of range.
It does this with Bluetooth Low Energy, so it should have minimal impact on your battery life.

Thank you So turning off Bluetooth would deactivate the mobile key function (as well as other mobile functions).

Thank you So turning off Bluetooth would deactivate the mobile key function (as well as other mobile functions).
Correct. Turning off bluetooth on your phone should prevent your phone from communicating with the car. That would include using the app to open doors and such.

You can also turn off bluetooth access just for the mobile app. But in that case, I believe the mobile key would still be communicating with your car.

Correct. Turning off bluetooth on your phone should prevent your phone from communicating with the car. That would include using the app to open doors and such.

You can also turn off bluetooth access just for the mobile app. But in that case, I believe the mobile key would still be communicating with your car.
Just a slight correction on this, disabling bluetooth does not prevent you from opening the app and unlocking your doors, performing other functions etc.

Just a slight correction on this, disabling bluetooth does not prevent you from opening the app and unlocking your doors, performing other functions etc.
Ahh. Good to know. So that is all done over the internet, then. Makes sense, given you can perform those tasks when away from the car.

The confusion is that your phone NEEDS to be specifically setup as a mobile key. You are able to have the app on your phone without setting your phone up as a mobile key. When you open the app and go through the steps by clicking the mobile key, that will setup your phone as a mobile key.

Screenshot_20230127_091525_Lucid.jpg

You may want to reach out to service about your fob draining the battery. I haven't changed my fob battery for over 6 months until my 1 year service when they did it for me. It's been 3 months now and still no problem with the battery.
I have and they told me it is "normal"and even replaced the fob. Same issues. I previously posted what I was told about fob key car separation and key to key communication drain

For iOS, I’ve denied BT access after setting up the mobile key. I can attest that the mobile key no longer functions until you give BT access back to the app. For me, this is preferred as I only set up the mobile key as a fourth backup. The first is fob, followed by key card, then app via Internet. If none of those work for some reason then the mobile key is my last resort.

For iOS, I’ve denied BT access after setting up the mobile key. I can attest that the mobile key no longer functions until you give BT access back to the app. For me, this is preferred as I only set up the mobile key as a fourth backup. The first is fob, followed by key card, then app via Internet. If none of those work for some reason then the mobile key is my last resort.
Exact opposite for me. Mobile key used exclusively. Card in my wallet in case that fails. Fob in a safe spot.

The confusion is that your phone NEEDS to be specifically setup as a mobile key. You are able to have the app on your phone without setting your phone up as a mobile key. When you open the app and go through the steps by clicking the mobile key, that will setup your phone as a mobile key.

View attachment 9074
The symbol that you put the red circle on, what is it?
Thanks.

Back