Uh oh Hyundai and Kia go NACS

This is (hopefully) a good thing, if it means they've ironed out the issues between NACS and high-voltage architectures, or at least have a roadmap to do so. Ever the optimist ...

This is (hopefully) a good thing, if it means they've ironed out the issues between NACS and high-voltage architectures, or at least have a roadmap to do so. Ever the optimist ...
well based off the timetable..Q4 2024 is when Tesla will have ironed out the 1000v issue.

well based off the timetable..Q4 2024 is when Tesla will have ironed out the 1000v issue.
This entire issue will solve itself. It’s the old Betamax versus VHS argument. One will win… Not necessary the better one… And will continue along that line. I imagine in the next few years, this will be a non-issue.

I haven't seen anything saying that Kia/Hyundai have an agreement with Tesla, just that they're moving to that style of port. Charging on the Tesla network is a separate thing.

If they haven't ironed it out, then Hyundai/Kia can back out.

If they iron out the 1000v chargers, then it's safe to assume high voltage vehicles will want to move towards that direction.

It can be seen as a good thing I think because up until now I hadn't seen any high voltage EV's move to NACS.

Back