Turtle of Doom!

Man that sucks. Hopefully lucid can figure out the problem and this will get taken care of quickly. Glad that you were able to get to the side of the road safely.

Front grill on driver's side. It has a rubber stopper on it. Here's a page out of the DE manual...
thanks. i have definitely read this in the manual once but never memorized the location. i will have to check next time i'm taking the car.

It seems like a lot of these turtle of dooms are associated with 100% charging (at least anecdotally so far on this forum)?

At this point he asked "No whee whee whee" which loosely translated means 'turn off the tilt alarm, please' which I did by hanging through the driver's side window and accessing the pilot panel.
Interestingly, I've only ever turned it off via the mobile app! I know this sounds dumb, but did you try killing and restarting the app? I have found that sometimes when it spins, doing that will cause it to work again.

It seems like a lot of these turtle of dooms are associated with 100% charging (at least anecdotally so far on this forum)?
I don't think we can say that; some folks have, some folks haven't. It hasn't been consistent. What has been consistent is that it shows up very early in the life of the car (the first few hundred miles), and it almost always a failed motor (usually rear but I think there has been at least one front).

And FWIW, the mobile app reported the tilt alarm and that the car was being towed despite the alarm being turned off on the pilot panel.
I'm speculating here, but since the fob was associated with a Guest profile and my app is my profile, this could possibly explain the difference. I would think the tilt alarm setting is for the car, independent of the profile in use.

I'm speculating here, but since the fob was associated with a Guest profile and my app is my profile, this could possibly explain the difference. I would think the tilt alarm setting is for the car, independent of the profile in use.
When my car was towed, I received the tilt alarm twice within 30-minutes (tow was about a 90-minute ride) and then it never alerted me again.

I should clarify that the only reason it was attributed to 100% charing with mine was due the fact that this was the only thing different I did from any other day. However, once the service tech received the car and also tested at 100% and it did not recreate the issue. It turned out to be a loose ethernet cable that is associated with the front motor.

Yesterday I went from "to death do us part Lucid supporter" to WTF LUCID !! after experiencing what is like to limp in turtle mode along on a busy major road. Lost power while driving on US A1A. Not a pleasant experience to say the least. This is the second time our car has gone into Limp mode with the turtle symbol illuminated. The first time the car was parked in the garage and corrected itself via a reset. All was forgiven. This time, it was while driving and no place to pull over. This is an unacceptable situation. Based on my recent experience, I believe all Lucid vehicles must be taken off the road before someone is seriously hurt. Yes I contacted Lucid Motors. Waiting to hear back. This Morning the car is acting as nothing had happened.

Yesterday I went from "to death do us part Lucid supporter" to WTF LUCID !! after experiencing what is like to limp in turtle mode along on a busy major road. Lost power while driving on US A1A. Not a pleasant experience to say the least. This is the second time our car has gone into Limp mode with the turtle symbol illuminated. The first time the car was parked in the garage and corrected itself via a reset. All was forgiven. This time, it was while driving and no place to pull over. This is an unacceptable situation. Based on my recent experience, I believe all Lucid vehicles must be taken off the road before someone is seriously hurt. Yes I contacted Lucid Motors. Waiting to hear back. This Morning the car is acting as nothing had happened.
That is disconcerting; glad you are ok!!!
Are you saying that in both instances it was corrected by a hard reset? Did you need a tow to get back to your residence or did the car correct on site of the incident ?

Yep. I agree with your assessment. This would be the 5th failure of this week (1 of them was not reported on this forum). I’m going to take my 14yr old Camry for my road-trip next month if Lucid doesn’t come up with a recall. No way I’m going to let a car ruin our vacation.

Yes. The first time the car was sitting in the garage so I did not think much of it. This time it was an out of body experience where the car kept moving slowly on a busy road. I was lucky it happened on the way to a near by restaurant so I managed to turn around and drive back home. Switched cars and drove back to the restaurant to meet up with friends. This morning I checked and everything seems to be normal. I hate that it reset before it was diagnosed. Hopefully Lucid can pull the data from the car to help identifying the problem. The only think different this time is that we did charge the car to 100% in case we needed to drive across to the West side of FL to bring supplies to our friends that have no power.

Yes. The first time the car was sitting in the garage so I did not think much of it. This time it was an out of body experience where the car kept moving slowly on a busy road. I was lucky it happened on the way to a near by restaurant so I managed to turn around and drive back home. Switched cars and drove back to the restaurant to meet up with friends. This morning I checked and everything seems to be normal. I hate that it reset before it was diagnosed. Hopefully Lucid can pull the data from the car to help identifying the problem. The only think different this time is that we did charge the car to 100% in case we needed to drive across to the West side of FL to bring supplies to our friends that have no power.
Thanks for the clarification. Please let us know when you hear from Lucid.

Love the lucid service team. Especially Taylor who was very helpful and understanding, She is working with the Riviera Lucid service center to address the problem. Hopefully they have a fix for this, as are no longer comfortable driving this car. I suspect something is telling the car there is not enough power left in the pack, even though we are at 95% SOC.

Love the lucid service team. Especially Taylor who was very helpful and understanding, She is working with the Riviera Lucid service center to address the problem. Hopefully they have a fix for this, as are no longer comfortable driving this car. I suspect something is telling the car there is not enough power left in the pack, even though we are at 95% SOC.
Glad to hear they are taking care of you!!!!!

Fortunately, this does sound like a software issue. Still super scary and a safety concern, but if they can come up with an OTA fix, they can deploy to the entire fleet very quickly.

Please have them check connections that are related to the powertrain. In my base it was the ethernet connection to the front motor.

This is turning into serious inconvinience or for the worst injuries or even death.

I just scanned online for warning beacons. One of the best and brightest i believe is Trux Tled-w12. Its Class 1 rated and good even in day light. Its ~5x5x3 inches, orange, has vacuum and magnetic foot, builtin rechargeable battery can charge with 12v cigarrette plug or 120 vac home receptacle. Battery last up to 12 hrs. It has on/off switch but also a remote fob. Its ~$260.

Unless lucid comes out with a convincing bulletin stating corrective actions, which i think they wont, ill mount two of these on the rear seat shelf so they shine through the rear window. Vaccum or magnetic foot may not work in this area but ill find a way to mount. And ill keep the two remotes somewhere at the steering wheel. For minimize reending you need to be able to turn on the beacons within seconds. Also, when lucid dies, ill assume that all power goes out, rear lights go out, hazard lights go out, i cant open the windows, and that the mechanical door override doesnt work (reported in this forum). Obviously, ill have a flash light(s) and car safety glass hammer in the driver door pocket. Ill get three or so large car warning triangles in case i can get out of the car. If trunk or frunk dont open, perhaps can access trunk folding rear seat back. Ill check. Or use frunk mechanical override if reliable. Just checked and triangles seem to be ~$30, so perhaps to keep in both trunk and frunk.

I just got my vin and have paid in full and lucid says ill get my atg, silver, tahoo, 19 end of this month.

Albeit 2x $260 beacon is beyond hilarious to spend on a $150,000 car, its still much less than insurance clames, medical bills, etc.

1664733382403.png
1664733402290.png
1664733421445.png
1664733438442.png

Attachments

• 1664733438523.png
    1664733438523.png
    18.8 KB · Views: 55
ethernet connection to the front motor
I am perplexed by this explanation. The standard ethernet connector is an RJ-45 which is quite secure, so it would be interesting to understand how the ethernet cables are connected.

Back