trunk sensor location

elin

Referral code: C4WEO75Q
Cars
Air Touring (black)
Referral Code
C4WEO75Q
I've been encountering issues with closing the trunk during daytime which I suspect might be caused by a dirty sensor. When I try to close it either via the pilot panel or from the button on the trunk lid, it starts closing like an inch or two, then stops and goes back up as if it senses something in the way. During night time when there is little light, it closes successfully pretty much all the time.

I want to see if cleaning the sensor helps, but I couldn't locate anywhere in the trunk/lid that looks like it might be a sensor. The ultrasonic sensor and camera above license plate holder look clean, though I'm not sure if its using those for detecting obstacles for closing trunk lid.

This is something I would report to Customet Service and have mobile repair take a look at. I don't even know where the sensor is.

I must've gotten lucky the past few times I successfully closed it at night (or in my garage with garage door closed such that sunlight is not hitting the car), I tried to show it working for said scenario to customer care today and it also failed to close.

Attachments

• 20230327_175127_724314952121764.mp4
    6.9 MB
Got my car back today after about a week at the service center (I had other items for them to repair too, so probably could've been faster if it was just a trunk issue). The issue was caused by warmer temperatures that caused the hinge to expand and cause more resistance, thus making it think the trunk is blocked. They shaved down the hinge and it works flawlessly now.

Thanks for update and solution. Have you had any more issue with your trunk since the fix?

I have this same issue too, and it only happens intermittently and randomly. I've tried bringing it into service a few times, but each time I tried to reproduce the issue in front of service, it was successful at closing the trunk, so I haven't been able to fix mines yet.

I haven't had any issues after the fix. For me it was only easily reproducible after having it sit in the sun on a warm day. Luckily the whole week service had my car it was around 80-90F so they were able to reproduce it.

below is the service that was done:

1000001697.png

I had the same issue happen to me where the trunk was closed but the open trunk message appeared. Everytime you pressed the trunk to open it would go up a couple inches and stop. The trunk would not close except for manually. This lasted two days

I did the Air logo reset several times to no avail. Then I ignored the open trunk message and drove the car anyway. The trunk button on the pilot panel was blinking. It was a bit unnerving to drive not knowing if the trunk was closed and the rear camera would not work. After a couple of days, the issued resolved itself.

My trunk works fine now. I guess it must have reset as I turned the car off and on as I went about my day.

Back