Trunk Organizer now available from TWRAPS

TWRAPS

Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Cars
Lucid Air
Hey folks

Iliya from TWRAPS here... I am happy to announce that I've finally managed to release the Lucid Air Trunk Organizer.
It goes in place of the mobile charger bag, and consists of lower and upper part. You can find more photos + a 3D model you can explore on our website:

PS I know the price is exuberant...about 25% of it is shipping cost. This thing is big and heavy (and also uses a lot of plastic to produce) 🤷🏻‍♂️

Screenshot 2024-03-23 at 1.01.27 AM.webp

Where does the mobile charger go then?

This seems like an odd accessory, as that's the space reserved for the charging cord bag. Not sure with all the trunk and frunk space why you would want/need to take out the charger cord, which fits perfectly in this space...

This seems like an odd accessory, as that's the space reserved for the charging cord bag. Not sure with all the trunk and frunk space why you would want/need to take out the charger cord, which fits perfectly in this space...
Some people don’t use the charging cord. Unless you’re on a road trip there’s really no reason to leave it in there.

I would have loved this, except I carry the V2V cord now (as if I’m gonna jump someone on the side of the street lol)

I personally never carry a charger with me... I have a wall charger in my garage and then on the go, I just use available public chargers. So I made a product for me if I had a Lucid haha :) But joking aside - obviously, if you need the charger with you, that product won't be for you, but for those who don't carry it with them and want more utilization of this space - that's a great way to achieve it :)

@TWRAPS once thing that I’d be interested in is a frunk and trunk well-mat if it is doable. One mat that gives good coverage with both shelves removed. Maximize storage space without dealing with the shelves. Just a thought.

@TWRAPS once thing that I’d be interested in is a frunk and trunk well-mat if it is doable. One mat that gives good coverage with both shelves removed. Maximize storage space without dealing with the shelves. Just a thought.
Uhm, why not just order the Lucid ones?

Uhm, why not just order the Lucid ones?

I have the Tuxmats. Problem with the well only mats is that they cover mostly the bottom of the well only and not the entire carpeted storage space available (like when hauling my muddy hiking gear or taller dirty / dusty items). I like the idea of using the storage bin posted here along with a better covered wells.

Totally doable, just later on. These kinds mats are generally manufactured with vacuum thermoforming machines (you can see it in action here:
).
The good news is that I do have a vacuum thermoforming machine. The bad news is that I still haven't invested any time into figuring out how to design for it. Basically, every manufacturing technology has its own design requirements and right now I am focused on injection molding as I just got our first molder last Monday and I want to switch as many plastics to it as possible and then get a bigger one for the rest of them. Once the molder is in production, my next task is the thermoformer which will allow me to do stuff like that, so hopefully 3-4 months, but let's see.

Totally doable, just later on. These kinds mats are generally manufactured with vacuum thermoforming machines (you can see it in action here:
).
The good news is that I do have a vacuum thermoforming machine. The bad news is that I still haven't invested any time into figuring out how to design for it. Basically, every manufacturing technology has its own design requirements and right now I am focused on injection molding as I just got our first molder last Monday and I want to switch as many plastics to it as possible and then get a bigger one for the rest of them. Once the molder is in production, my next task is the thermoformer which will allow me to do stuff like that, so hopefully 3-4 months, but let's see.
Did you ever end up making the mats?

I personally never carry a charger with me... I have a wall charger in my garage and then on the go, I just use available public chargers. So I made a product for me if I had a Lucid haha :) But joking aside - obviously, if you need the charger with you, that product won't be for you, but for those who don't carry it with them and want more utilization of this space - that's a great way to achieve it :)
Iliya, I think I speak for the entire forum when I say that we support you getting an Air so that it makes it easier for you to invent and produce more cool Lucid Air accessories...🤣

Did you ever end up making the mats?
Ah, sorry no :(

Iliya, I think I speak for the entire forum when I say that we support you getting an Air so that it makes it easier for you to invent and produce more cool Lucid Air accessories...🤣
Thank you! 🙏🏻 At the moment I can't really... I am overwhelmed with work and so much behind my wishful thinking schedule that I it's laughable. Right now I have (by have I mean I own) a Model 3 Highland, Cybertruck and a Gen2 Rivian R1S. I need to start finalizing these cars (meaning no more products that I can think of) so I can start selling them to open up space & budget for new cars.
In the other hand, to be completely honest - while the Lucid community has been great, business wise it's a small market so it's not super high on my priority list at the moment, otherwise I could rent one to do more stuff. I am hopeful though that the Gravity being a SUV would have a wider audience and a bigger market, to justify me buying it (right now our buy vs rent decision is based on cost of renting vs perceived market potential... i.e. if it's too expensive to rent, says more than $200/day and I think there is a big market - I buy the car, otherwise I just rent it... lesson learned with Rivian - spent about $40k on rentals until I finally decided this is stupid and just bought one....and then another one 😵‍💫/

Ah, I was just teasing. We appreciate the clever products you do produce though. But yes, we think the Gravity should be a big seller in the SUV market too!

This is a great idea. I also don't carry the portable charger cable any more but use that side pocket all the time. Mostly I just keep folded shopping bags in the pocket or drop take out food bags into the spot.

Leaving out the power cord that could potentially help you in a bind, to trade that in for a few more pockets/cubbies in a car with more than ample space frunk and trunk space. makes little sense to me. I certainly am not paying $100 for this...I somehow mistakenly had thought that $25 was the price and even then I was unsure.

Ah, sorry no :(

Thank you! 🙏🏻 At the moment I can't really... I am overwhelmed with work and so much behind my wishful thinking schedule that I it's laughable. Right now I have (by have I mean I own) a Model 3 Highland, Cybertruck and a Gen2 Rivian R1S. I need to start finalizing these cars (meaning no more products that I can think of) so I can start selling them to open up space & budget for new cars.
In the other hand, to be completely honest - while the Lucid community has been great, business wise it's a small market so it's not super high on my priority list at the moment, otherwise I could rent one to do more stuff. I am hopeful though that the Gravity being a SUV would have a wider audience and a bigger market, to justify me buying it (right now our buy vs rent decision is based on cost of renting vs perceived market potential... i.e. if it's too expensive to rent, says more than $200/day and I think there is a big market - I buy the car, otherwise I just rent it... lesson learned with Rivian - spent about $40k on rentals until I finally decided this is stupid and just bought one....and then another one 😵‍💫/
Hit up any of us Bay Area peeps, we are happy to bring our cars by any time for measurements, etc.

Leaving out the power cord that could potentially help you in a bind, to trade that in for a few more pockets/cubbies in a car with more than ample space frunk and trunk space. makes little sense to me. I certainly am not paying $100 for this...I somehow mistakenly had thought that $25 was the price and even then I was unsure.
The charging cord only matters if you're on a trip; most of the time, driving around town, there is absolutely zero chance I need it. To be honest, I have literally never used mine except to test it.

The charging cord only matters if you're on a trip; most of the time, driving around town, there is absolutely zero chance I need it. To be honest, I have literally never used mine except to test it.
You're living life on the wild side my man...I climb stairs holding on to the rails 😆 Jokes apart...I didn't think that much about needing that space as I've never ran out of space for storage in my Air...seems crazy typing that ...when the day comes that I go ...damn I need a dedicated crush free space for these Twinkies and no other space is left other than the charger spot...then maybe I'll get this accessory.. 😊

Back