Trunk not closing solution

Charley

Cars
RivianR1T, Sapphire
DE Number
Washed my car today and opened the trunk to dry. Would not close. Tried the dash control, the button in the trunk lid and the app. Texted Service and said it most likely lost it's placement calibration. Said to close in manually and it wouldn't hurt it. Works perfectly now.

Washed my car today and opened the trunk to dry. Would not close. Tried the dash control, the button in the trunk lid and the app. Texted Service and said it most likely lost it's placement calibration. Said to close in manually and it wouldn't hurt it. Works perfectly now.
If you leave your trunk or frunk open for 10 min it won't close via any buttons, only way is manual.

I’ve used the ‘manual’ method a few times for both Frunk & Trunk. Yesterday used it for the Frunk, then had a red Frunk image alert on pilot panel. Reclosing from pilot panel cleared the alert.
I’ve noticed that leaving either open for a period of time requires manual closings

This just happened to me. Thanks to this post I got it fixed quickly

Wow. Yet another bug to be fixed. Good to know when I give my car its first bath.

If you leave your trunk or frunk open for 10 min it won't close via any buttons, only way is manual.
If only I had seen this post yesterday LOL. I scotchguarded the interior and left the trunk and frunk open for hours. Obviously nothing would have closed them except manual method. Client care obviously didn't think of this - had me do the reset dance and all. Then tried to describe the manual closing of the frunk - he said put your palm on the L and the D and press hard. Well nothing happened since I wasn't pressing on the frunk - but the letters L and D. Funny now - but shows how easy it is to misunderstand instructions :). Was this in the manual or just by experience?

If only I had seen this post yesterday LOL. I scotchguarded the interior and left the trunk and frunk open for hours. Obviously nothing would have closed them except manual method. Client care obviously didn't think of this - had me do the reset dance and all. Then tried to describe the manual closing of the frunk - he said put your palm on the L and the D and press hard. Well nothing happened since I wasn't pressing on the frunk - but the letters L and D. Funny now - but shows how easy it is to misunderstand instructions :). Was this in the manual or just by experience?
Experience and later confirmed it with service.

Well nothing happened since I wasn't pressing on the frunk - but the letters L and D. Funny now - but shows how easy it is to misunderstand instructions
D'oh! "Well, I did exactly what you said!" Funny how foolish we can seem to be, afterwards, but in the moment, we just followed directions without thinking too much since they're the experts.

Once again appreciating the knowledge on this forum. After forgetting to close my frunk and trying all the soft reset procedures, I thought I'd check here and there was the answer. Thank you!

I wonder if the car partially goes to sleep and that's why the buttons don't work. Does stepping on the brake wake it up fully and re-activate the buttons?

I wonder if the car partially goes to sleep and that's why the buttons don't work. Does stepping on the brake wake it up fully and re-activate the buttons?
Nope. Happened to me yesterday. Even started the car and moved it a few feet. Got plenty of warning lights and beeps, but no closing frunk button worked. Manual soft closing worked fine

Back