Trunk issues progressing into Mobile Key Issues

CLTGT

Verified Owner
Cars
73 Mustang Conv & the GT
So, I started off yesterday by giving the car its’ first wash, really as an exercise to find any little nits I need to know about before PPF. Nothing noted. Then I decided to open the frunk and trunk to see what all these water issues are, no big deal. Both stayed open at least 30 minutes while I putzed around. After that though, neither would close no matter what I tried. Finally called Customer Care and they had me slowly force them closed and then hold the valet card to the B pillar to reset the car. That seemed to fix the trunk open and close process, but resulted in my Mobile Key not working. I try trouble shooting that and removing and re-installing the Mobile Key, no luck. The car then got to a point where it would not link via Bluetooth to my phone. Lucid rep on phone was perplexed and put in a repair request. Well, just before bed, I go out to the garage nd retry it and was able to reset the Mobile Key. I did not test it out until this morning and, again, no luck. The car and phone both showed connected, but the proximity was not working. So, I called Customer Care back and decided to give it another shot as I at least now had a mobile key paired with the phone. Well, she went through the same exercise, removing the Mobile Key that was there and reinstalling. Still doesn’t work.

The other crazy thing is that the car keeps defaulting to my wife’s profile, not her seat settings or anything, but her profile on the screen. Only irritating because she Doesn’t have any music associated with her profile and we have yet to link the garage door to her as that was forgotten at delivery.

This car does not know whether it is coming or going software-wise. All these issues along with the coolant link and I have put a total of 85 miles on the car myself.

Anyway, she is passing this on to the “mobile key team” as she did every she could think of over the phone and she does not think it is something a mobile tech could “fix”

Oh yea, decided to charge last night for the first time. Charged to 80% by around 11pm, disconnected the charger at that point and woke up to 77%.

My father-in-law really loves the car, but I had to tell him, in no uncertain terms, that the car was not for him and there was no way on this earth he should purchase one. It would drive him crazy tech-wise. Lucid and his personality would not mix well.

Last edited:
Key Fob!

Also the frunk and trunk thing is stupid and known to them. It doesn't make sense that they are stuck open if you leave them open for an extended period of time. Also for the mobile key, are your location services always on for the Lucid app? Does the app run in the background?

Yes on the location services, one of the first things the guy on the phone checked last night.

That is what I told the wife, going to have to start carrying the key fob.

It‘s crazy though, the car knows my phone is present as it will take over the phone call, but it still will need a PIN to go anywhere.

so, every time I was my car and leave the truck or frunk open for any extended time, I will need to do a reset?

Yes on the location services, one of the first things the guy on the phone checked last night.

It‘s crazy though, the car knows my phone is present as it will take over the phone call, but it still will need a PIN to go anywhere.

so, every time I was my car and leave the truck or frunk open for any extended time, I will need to do a reset?
Yes on the frunk/trunk thing. I haven't gotten the timing down yet...

How do you handle the PPF guy? Do you have to tell them not to leave it open for an extended period of time or tell them how to reset the car?

Well for me personally, I didn't know about the issue yet. But probably they just forced it closed and for a 1 off or 2 off it's most likely not an issue to be force closed. Just my $0.02 on that issue.

I've only had my car a couple of days, but I'm also having problems with the Mobile Key (iPhone). Can lock/open doors as well as the trunk/frunk, but if I use the Mobile Key the car asks for a PIN to drive the car, even though my iPhone is linked by Bluetooth. I was going to call Customer Care tomorrow, but it sounds like this may be a common issue.

I've only had my car a couple of days, but I'm also having problems with the Mobile Key (iPhone). Can lock/open doors as well as the trunk/frunk, but if I use the Mobile Key the car asks for a PIN to drive the car, even though my iPhone is linked by Bluetooth. I was going to call Customer Care tomorrow, but it sounds like this may be a common issue.
I think the issue is people are confusing mobile key with "mobile key". If you are using the app to lock/unlock, that is NOT THE mobile key. This action is using the app and it WILL prompt you to enter a pin to drive.

The true "mobile key" is where you have paired your phone with the car using the mobile app using the button below

Screenshot_20220807-123443_Lucid.jpg

Follow the directions and pair your phone as a mobile key. Afterwards, if you enter the Bluetooth settings on your phone, there should be 2 Bluetooth entries for the Lucid. One is for the phone/music and the other is as the mobile key.

Once paired, in order for the mobile key to work, locations services AND Bluetooth must be on. The car SHOULD unlock via proximity this way. If you are able to enter the car this way, you will not need a PIN to drive.

There is a significant difference between using the app and using your phone as a mobile key.

Same issue. Using the app works to lock/unlock, but since it doesn’t recognize the mobile “key” it needs a PIN

Same issue. Using the app works to lock/unlock, but since it doesn’t recognize the mobile “key” it needs a PIN
See my reply above how using the app is not the same as the mobile key.

No confusion with me, especially after spending 30 minutes with customer care in two separate calls

I deleted and added the mobile key at least four times and walked away to see if the car would go to sleep or wake up over and over with customer care on the phone. Car would not recognize the mobile key on any occasion.

I deleted and added the mobile key at least four times and walked away to see if the car would go to sleep or wake up over and over with customer care on the phone. Car would not recognize the mobile key on any occasion.
Any issues with the fob?

Yeah sorry everyone, I know the “mobile key” (aka not the app) thing is annoying, but why can’t you just use the fob? Over 4500 miles and owning the car since April, only one time did the door handles not present when I walked up with the fob in my pocket. When they didn’t present, I double tapped the fob and they presented. I’ve never been asked for a pin to drive. I totally realize it’s Lucid’s screw up to give you yet another “feature” that doesn’t work right half the time, but the solution is just to have the fob in your pocket until they get the mobile key working reliably 100% of the time for every owner.

No confusion with me, especially after spending 30 minutes with customer care in two separate calls
Yeah, my experience is the same. I may try Customer Care in a few days (I’m out of town), but I’m not optimistic. I can just use the fob for now, or input the PIN.

When using the fob, the car still would not go to sleep. It would perpetually show “parked” whether locked or unlocked. It also was not locking automatically.

The Customer Care reps had a common comment when looking at my car in their systems, “interesting” and “it shouldn’t do that”.

When using the fob, the car still would not go to sleep.
Is the fob somewhere close to the car?

It would perpetually show “parked” whether locked or unlocked.
Whenever you fire-up the app, it wakes the car and the status shows as "parked". While it's doing that, it does say "Waking up... may take up to 30 seconds". You don't see that?

I usually way overdo things, so each fob is in its own Faraday pouch inside a Faraday box inside a drawer in my house, about 50’ away through three walls.

When I used to open the app, the car would show zzz/sleeping , transitioning into waking and then to park. Not only was my app showing the car staying “parked”, but the car was showing the same status for Customer Care on their end. That was what generated one of the comments from them that “it shouldn’t do that”. They were trying to watch it go into sleep mode, but said something about it not getting past “wink”, whatever that means.

In any event, the Mobile service guys are going to be in Charlotte Monday and Tuesday for other customers and are going to swing by at some point to take a look at it.

I usually way overdo things, so each fob is in its own Faraday pouch inside a Faraday box inside a drawer in my house, about 50’ away through three walls.

When I used to open the app, the car would show zzz/sleeping , transitioning into waking and then to park. Not only was my app showing the car staying “parked”, but the car was showing the same status for Customer Care on their end. That was what generated one of the comments from them that “it shouldn’t do that”. They were trying to watch it go into sleep mode, but said something about it not getting past “wink”, whatever that means.

In any event, the Mobile service guys are going to be in Charlotte Monday and Tuesday for other customers and are going to swing by at some point to take a look at it.
Keep us posted on what diagnosis they come up with. What you are seeing is definitely not what the rest of us see. Sorry for your string of misfortunes.

Yeah sorry everyone, I know the “mobile key” (aka not the app) thing is annoying, but why can’t you just use the fob? Over 4500 miles and owning the car since April, only one time did the door handles not present when I walked up with the fob in my pocket. When they didn’t present, I double tapped the fob and they presented. I’ve never been asked for a pin to drive. I totally realize it’s Lucid’s screw up to give you yet another “feature” that doesn’t work right half the time, but the solution is just to have the fob in your pocket until they get the mobile key working reliably 100% of the time for every owner.
Makes sense. With software, it is often a good idea to determine which issues are really important to you and which you can work around. The same thing applies to the computer I am currently using to type this message.

Back