Trouble at the Garage

Gil

Cars
Lucid Air
Sometimes I park my Lucid at a New York City garage. I leave the fob. Usually that’s fine, but every so often I get a panicked call that the car won’t move without the PIN.

There’s no way for me to know exactly what’s happened. The garage has many employees. I suppose I could tape a note inside the car with the PIN, but that seems irresponsible. Does anyone have either an idea of what might be going on or a suggestion? Anything that involves complicated standing instructions (e.g., holding the fob or keycard in a certain way at a certain location) is useless.

You mention both fob and keycard. Are you giving them both? If giving them fob only, it may be possible face recognition is “working” and driver is not recognized.

Fob only. That’s an interesting idea. I have the impression that face recognition doesn’t work, because the car so often ignores my presence and leaves the seat in my wife’s position.

Does Lucid advise turning off face recognition when you often use a parking garage?

Fob only. That’s an interesting idea. I have the impression that face recognition doesn’t work, because the car so often ignores my presence and leaves the seat in my wife’s position.

Does Lucid advise turning off face recognition when you often use a parking garage?
Try it next time and report back! But I don't think that's the case. Something weird I'd happening because is over a year of only using the fob, I never had to enter my pin.

Someone reported in another thread that the fob isn't always recognized when dropped into a cup holder. That's probably what the garage staff is doing, rather than having it in a pocket.

I’ve had the pin pop up a few times randomly. I think I had the fob and the mobile key in the car each time. Haven’t seen many issues at all since my last reset, though. And definitely not the pin prompt.

Didn’t throw the fob into the cup holder. Had it in my left pants pocket. And my phone is always in the wireless charger.

Someone reported in another thread that the fob isn't always recognized when dropped into a cup holder. That's probably what the garage staff is doing, rather than having it in a pocket.

This is likely the issue...

The fob detector is on the roof line between the two front seats. Leaving the fob in the cup holder should work. I get the occasional “pin required” message when the fob is hanging on a lanyard around my neck. Seems to be no rhyme nor reason as to exactly where the fob is in the car. It is also not a battery issue. Frank keeps putting new batteries in the fob, but it still glitches with fresh batteries. I believe it is a software issue. Never happened until the 2.0 software updates.

The fob detector is on the roof line between the two front seats. Leaving the fob in the cup holder should work. I get the occasional “pin required” message when the fob is hanging on a lanyard around my neck. Seems to be no rhyme nor reason as to exactly where the fob is in the car. It is also not a battery issue. Frank keeps putting new batteries in the fob, but it still glitches with fresh batteries. I believe it is a software issue. Never happened until the 2.0 software updates.

The cup holder is very close to the wireless charger, which could cause wireless interference and prevent the fob from being recognized.

If you are having this issue with the fob around your neck, I would call service.

The cup holder is very close to the wireless charger, which could cause wireless interference and prevent the fob from being recognized.

If you are having this issue with the fob around your neck, I would call service.
CS is very well aware of my sporadic “fob not recognized” Issues. Frank even changed out the key fobs once and replaced batteries multiple times. They have dropped in frequency after being constant after early the 2.0 updates, but still occur randomly. Every time they do, CS gets another text.

Back