Trip around CA

Schatts bakery in Bishop while you charge. Almond cookies ftw!
Mahogany Smoked Meats in Bishop has the best beef jerky on the planet. Their other stuff is also pretty terrific.

I was charging at a station in the San Diego area off Penasquitos Drive. A technician was working on one of the units and had this to share with me. I asked how would I know if the 350kW chargers were the old generation or the new? He said to check ALL the charger at the location online. If they are ALL 350kWs (like at Barstow), then they are the new generation. If there are a combination of 350kW and 150kW chargers (like at Penasquitos) they are first-generation. Another easy tell is the first-generation chargers have 2 cables per station and the newer ones have 1 cable. Also the cable is longer but who carries a ruler lol?!

Let me know when you're in San Diego, perhaps we can meet.
Hi @Bobby and @Amster. Would either of you be available to meet Sunday morning 7/14 before I leave town? I'm going to be heading out on the 8. Also, any recommendations for a charging station to use on the way out of town?

Hi @Bobby and @Amster. Would either of you be available to meet Sunday morning 7/14 before I leave town? I'm going to be heading out on the 8. Also, any recommendations for a charging station to use on the way out of town?
Is that the only time you have available? There's a meetup in LA that morning that I was thinking of attending.

@Amster that sounds fun. Where abouts in LA? Maybe I should just head back to phx from there instead.

Is that the only time you have available? There's a meetup in LA that morning that I was thinking of attending.
Be careful if you're using the I5.

1719958186001.webp
1719958202762.webp
1719958233382.webp

Kettleman City is 100% operational today but was 70% operational yesterday. With Harris Ranch and Panoche Shell offline there's probably a backlog of EV's at Kettleman City.

Thanks for this. I was thinking of planning a trip to Pinnacles NP and wondered what's going on with these chargers.
It's very, very hot and dry right now at Pinnacles. Best time is early spring or late fall.

EA is pretty solid around here. Dateland is good place to charge and has a nice store. It’s about 225-240 miles depending where you start.

I’m free that day if you wanna hook up for breakfast.

Thanks for posting. I wish they had end dates for the maintenance listed.
The two station upgrades that affected one of my road trips took 2-3 weeks to complete.

Back