Trip around CA

That area was one of my favorites of the trip. I took the 35 to Alice's but then took the 84 over to the 1 and drove down the coast. I have dashcam of the drive and plan to make a timelapse. I'll post here when I get it together.
84 (La Honda Rd), Pescadero Creek Rd, and Alpine Rd are all no joke. I'm so glad you got a taste of the terrain out there, it's spectacular driving.

That area was one of my favorites of the trip. I took the 35 to Alice's but then took the 84 over to the 1 and drove down the coast. I have dashcam of the drive and plan to make a timelapse. I'll post here when I get it together.
Yeah; honestly, I'm so spoiled that that's basically my backyard. Like, after our lunch, instead of going home (which was about 30 minutes the fast way), @LucidDropkick and I went down to Savannah Chanelle winery (which @SaratogaLefty knows well) because we wanted to show @LucidDropkick why everyone talks about these roads being fun to drive. :) (That, and we had about six quarters of shipments to pick up lol, but you know... :p)

I recorded dashcam from the 1900 mile trip and it ended up being about 32 hours. Created a clip at 25x speed but it's still 77 mins so it's a little long to watch but there are some interesting parts. Overall for the trip I averaged 2.8 mi/kWh, mostly driving around 75mph, which is the same as the lifetime of my car over 13K miles. Elevation seemed to have the biggest effect and the temperatures almost everywhere but by the ocean were 110+.

CA Trip
June Lake
Hwy 207 to Lake Tahoe
Hwy 50 leaving Tahoe - best efficiency 5.4 mi/kWh over 90 miles
Golden Gate Bridge
Hwy 35 Skyline Blvd
Hwy 1
Sunrise with rain

I recorded dashcam from the 1900 mile trip and it ended up being about 32 hours. Created a clip at 25x speed but it's still 77 mins so it's a little long to watch but there are some interesting parts. Overall for the trip I averaged 2.8 mi/kWh, mostly driving around 75mph, which is the same as the lifetime of my car over 13K miles. Elevation seemed to have the biggest effect and the temperatures almost everywhere but by the ocean were 110+.

CA Trip
June Lake
Hwy 207 to Lake Tahoe
Golden Gate Bridge
Hwy 35 Skyline Blvd
Hwy 1
Sunrise with rain
Ha. Watching at 25x makes everything look so unfamiliar. I started at Atascadero and you were in Pismo Beach before I even realized you had driven down the Cuesta Grade and through San Luis Obispo 😂

CA Trip
June Lake
Hwy 207 to Lake Tahoe
Golden Gate Bridge
Hwy 35 Skyline Blvd
Hwy 1
Sunrise with rain
That's a cool car to the right of you, dude! Who makes that?!

1722146997745.png

Back