trim issues

Thankfully home charging takes the worry out and I have no long trips planned, but yeah, it’s just frustrating.
Yeah it’s frustrating. Definitely have other fast charging networks as backup plan (this applies to all Non-Tesla EV owners, not just Lucid). FWIW one EA location that wouldn’t work at all for me now works, not sure if it was due to 2.0.2 update but it was something neither EA nor Lucid could figure out on the phone, but I’m blaming EA as it was their older ABB unit which are known to be wildly inconsistent.

And my steering wheel has never made a sound, guess I got a good one.

My steering wheel never made a sound. Built fit and finish were good. I was even concerned PPF guys might mess up my trims when I had full wrap and tint everywhere. But I didn’t have those issues. I had other minor issues but was resolved. The DA was empathetic and cordially helped. I’m in Texas. I don’t know your region. But I suppose if you feel service is lacking, have Lucid know about it to impress in future. Lucid is very for eager for client satisfaction unlike other brands my friends experienced.

I don’t have it, so it’s not on every car. That’s the issue with the tolerances from the manufacturer.
For those that do have the squeaky steering wheel, is the felt a permanent fix, or will these cars eventually be getting new steering wheels?

For those that do have the squeaky steering wheel, is the felt a permanent fix, or will these cars eventually be getting new steering wheels?
My understanding is that at some point there is likely to be a service bulletin (aka voluntary notice) that allows the wheel to be swapped for the (upcoming) new redesigned wheel; that said, I don’t know this for sure.

So far, nobody has complained (to my knowledge) post-fix, but only time will tell.

At first I was told that the felt was temporary, last week when I was talking to the service team they told me that it was now considered a permanent fix unless there is some other reason that a steering wheel needs to be replaced. The switches on the steering wheel cannot be replaced, so if one of them quits working, the steering wheel will need to be replaced.

Bel, So disappointed to here this, especially after how good my experience was. What did the service manager say, what are they doing to fix this and what explaination did she give you?
The delivery person at my house and her boss, the DA at the Service Center, have not responded to my emails yet but I will call. It's been the pattern so far that I don't get email responses, but I've had to call them to verify they've received my emails.

Back