Tri state area (NY, NJ, CT)

White plains? That’s where my car will be tomorrow getting it’s new shoes( 19 inch rims and tires). Hopefully you won’t have to be as familiar with J&B auto body but it’s Lucids service center for southern New York and probably Ct and northern Jersey as well
What happened with your OG shoes? J&B bodyworks in Mount Vernon?

Wow. Congrats! Still delivering the Dreams. What DE number are you? They have to be getting close to done.
No more Dreams. The last DE, I was told, was finally delivered in San Diego sometime in June, I think. Someone who had ordered it had been out of the country for a long time and it was sitting for delivery, then decided they did not want it and it went to someone else on the wait list.

What happened with your OG shoes? J&B bodyworks in Mount Vernon?
Once I get everything back and straightened I will set a price and sell the rims and tires. I already have extra shoes for the wife’s velar and the original rims and tires for my z8 piled in the corner along with the extra lucid rims from the last escapade. My garage is starting to look like tire rack

Short Hills is my local center as well. I reserved a Pure AWD in QG in May. For those that have taken delivery and are willing, I'd love to check out someone's car in person. I was in the store last week and the studio adviser said they're only giving test rides to GT and Touring reservation holders right now.

what are the people in NJ doing about front license are you putting on a frame and is there any way for us to lease?

what are the people in NJ doing about front license are you putting on a frame and is there any way for us to lease?
I put the front license plate on my car. I think it looks fine. I had gotten stopped in the past when I didn’t have a front plate on my Porsche and didn’t want to chance it again

Attachments

• 32203229-9F97-4900-822B-F5469A4F0259.jpeg
    32203229-9F97-4900-822B-F5469A4F0259.jpeg
    5.9 MB · Views: 166
I put the front license plate on my car. I think it looks fine. I had gotten stopped in the past when I didn’t have a front plate on my Porsche and didn’t want to chance it again
How are you enjoying the car? Did you do any ppf or window tinting?

How are you enjoying the car? Did you do any ppf or window tinting?
Love the car. It's a fantastic ride. I did front nose PPF with Xpel and full car ceramic. I decided against the tinting and wanted to live with the car for a bit first. I find that the glass canopy roof is pretty well tinted. Recently with the temps in the high 90's, I can say the car does get hot when sitting outside for hours, but when I remember to precool it with the app, it's fine. I may decide to tint it for next summer, but I'm on the fence. Had 2 small issues that were taken car of by service visits that lasted about 15 minutes each. One of the TPMS sensors needed to be reprogrammed and 2 of the door clips holding the bottom of the rear passenger door panel broke and the panel was loose. Very happy with the purchase.

Love the car. It's a fantastic ride. I did front nose PPF with Xpel and full car ceramic. I decided against the tinting and wanted to live with the car for a bit first. I find that the glass canopy roof is pretty well tinted. Recently with the temps in the high 90's, I can say the car does get hot when sitting outside for hours, but when I remember to precool it with the app, it's fine. I may decide to tint it for next summer, but I'm on the fence. Had 2 small issues that were taken car of by service visits that lasted about 15 minutes each. One of the TPMS sensors needed to be reprogrammed and 2 of the door clips holding the bottom of the rear passenger door panel broke and the panel was loose. Very happy with the purchase.
Just curious who did the xpel and ceramic work. Also where were the service follow ups done?

Just curious who did the xpel and ceramic work. Also where were the service follow ups done?
Eurotech motor sports in Mahwah did the work. They are high end and certified XPel installer. Excellent work and highly recommend them.

Service calls were done by mobile van. They came to my work place and fixed the car in the parking lot.

Touring reserved 12/20/20. Central Ct area - Bristol, Am leaning on grey as eyes on of one looks like a nice blend of body and roof. I'm sticking with 19" as the Northeast is pot-hole heaven

Touring reserved 12/20/20. Central Ct area - Bristol, Am leaning on grey as eyes on of one looks like a nice blend of body and roof. I'm sticking with 19" as the Northeast is pot-hole heaven
Probably a wise decision to go with the 19s. I speak from experience

I’m upstate (Southern Tier, Corning/Elmira area) GT Zenith Red, Tahoe 19” ordered

I’m upstate (Southern Tier, Corning/Elmira area) GT Zenith Red, Tahoe 19” ordered
I'm outside of Buffalo. Touring order confirmed last week, not configured. Reserved 10/2020. Have you gotten any additional information on a delivery date of your GT yet? I was told to expect my Touring Q1. That might be later if I don't want the glass roof. With the number of rocks I catch on the highway, I'm not sure the glass roof is a good idea in upstate NY. $2500 replacement.

@Thinjake You're the first person I've seen with a Touring order earlier than mine (10/20). Safe to assume that you haven't heard anything about delivery or final configuration yet?

@Thinjake You're the first person I've seen with a Touring order earlier than mine (10/20). Safe to assume that you haven't heard anything about delivery or final configuration yet?
Actually, I upgraded to a GT in May. I test drove a red GT down in NJ in May and while I liked the red, I decided to go with Black. 5/10 Confirm date but still waiting for VIN.

Actually, I upgraded to a GT in May. I test drove a red GT down in NJ in May and while I liked the red, I decided to go with Black. 5/10 Confirm date but still waiting for VIN.
Ahhh. Good for you although I was really hoping to use your timeline to estimate my Touring delivery. Still looking forward to following your journey with the GT! Maybe I'll come see it when I visit my parents in Nisky!! 😂

I'm outside of Buffalo. Touring order confirmed last week, not configured. Reserved 10/2020. Have you gotten any additional information on a delivery date of your GT yet? I was told to expect my Touring Q1. That might be later if I don't want the glass roof. With the number of rocks I catch on the highway, I'm not sure the glass roof is a good idea in upstate NY. $2500 replacement.
I confirmed in late May and at the time was given the standard 2-5 month delivery window but my SA said realistically to expect it to be more like 3-6 months.

I’m not terribly concerned about the rocks and the glass. I have a Tesla Model X with a similarly large windshield and haven’t had any problems yet. I’m careful not to follow anyone too closely, especially during the early spring when the remnants of the winter salt/sand/gravel mix is still on the highway.

Touring reserved in May 2022.

Did a test drive in NJ of the GT recently and LOVED it.

Back