Trade-in and Financing

Has anyone looked into this for leasing the Lucid Air? Just saw this advertisement:

Doesn't look like a very good deal.

Grand Touring Lease
60 months
$9730 down plus a $1999 acquisition fee
$1820 per month
No mention of the residual

Compare this to a loan
72 month loan @ 3%
$11730 down ($9730 down plus the $1999 acquisition fee)
$1933 per month

Neither include sales tax. But essentially for an extra $113 per month you'll own the car in 6 years instead of walking away with nothing after 5 years.

I’m looking into finance institutions to finance the Touring model . Looks like credit unions usually offer the lowest percentage but I think you have to be a member?
I’ll check with my current bank to see what they offer.

Bank of America had a good rate. 2.19 for 72 months. Got it all sorted out in 3 days too.

Bank of America had a good rate. 2.19 for 72 months. Got it all sorted out in 3 days too.
I would think that a higher credit rating someone has the lower rate they can offer.

I would think that a higher credit rating someone has the lower rate they can offer.

Yup. Also, if you happen to bank with BoA (or are willing to) you get the benefit of their rewards program too, which gives you a 0.5% discount on the auto loan - for a grand total of 1.69% which is pretty unbeatable.

Yup. Also, if you happen to bank with BoA (or are willing to) you get the benefit of their rewards program too, which gives you a 0.5% discount on the auto loan - for a grand total of 1.69% which is pretty unbeatable.

I’ve actually been a B of A customer for almost 50 years.
1.69% is a good rate. I’ll go to the bank tomorrow and talk to one of the loan officers.

I think it would actually be 1.79%, since the stated rate is 2.29%. @hydbob are you sure you got 2.19%? If so, what's your magic? :)

It should be noted that the 0.5% reduction is only for those in the Platinum Honors tier, not everyone who banks with BoA.

It should be noted that the 0.5% reduction is only for those in the Platinum Honors tier, not everyone who banks with BoA.

Yup, that's why I linked to the page. Although even anyone that has $20k with them gets a 0.25% discount. But yes, of course, check out the tiers. :)

I think the rates wen up. the base rate is now 2.29% less a discount if you are a Preferred Rewards customer.

I think Lucid Financing gets a preferred rate.
Screenshot_20211130-185432_Drive.jpg

Just for context, I just got a 1.54% rate for 72 months with 0 down. :)

Dang, that's a nice rate. Wish I was a preferred member with BofA

Yea, if you look you can find some great rates.

I'm doing 1.99 at 84 months with 0 down from Carolina coop credit union. (I paid $20 to join them)

Yup. But that’s with a preferred customer discount of 0.5% from BofA

Back