Touring Order Confirmation and Deliveries

My SA emailed me earlier this week. He said “regarding the Lucid Air Touring & Pure. We are still on track to begin production this fall, and I will have more information to share the closer we get to that time.”. I have reservations for both Touring and Pure (only plan to buy one). Touring reservation placed on the day they did the reveal (9/6/20) and Pure on the day they opened up the Pure reservation (10/14/2020).
I reserved my Pure a year after on 10/14/21. I guess it will be Q1 before I get it.

Echoing other posts, I just heard this from my SA:
We are currently in production of the Grand Touring and progressing as expected. [...] [W]e are projecting to start production of the Touring and Pure during the 2nd half of this year (Q3 & Q4). As we approach closer to production of each trim, we will begin inviting our reservation holders to finalize their orders, in waves. Those invitation will be sent out in the sequential order that the reservations were placed, starting with 2020, 2021, and 2022. Once your order has been finalized, we are estimating 2-5 months to manufacture your vehicle to spec and deliver it back to you.
This would imply confirmations might start flowing for Touring in Q2 and earliest possible deliveries in September...but probably later.

Echoing other posts, I just heard this from my SA:

This would imply confirmations might start flowing for Touring in Q2 and earliest possible deliveries in September...but probably later.
At least they are widening their 2-4 month delivery window to 2-5 months. They haven’t been hitting the 4 month timeline.

I would not be surprised if Lucid states on Monday’s conference call that:
1) all Dreams have been produced and either delivered or a delivery scheduled
2) the GTs deliveries have begun (or at least the first ones have been scheduled)
3) the first Touring orders have been have been confirmed (emails sent out Monday morning) for Q2 deliveries

Thoughts?

Remember how optimistic we were prior to the Q4 earnings call... 😂

Anyways, I'm going to start a tracker using information in here.

They only need to confirm a few Touring orders, with a lead time landing delivery the last day of Q3, to benefit from a PR standpoint.

Remember how optimistic we were prior to the Q4 earnings call... 😂

Anyways, I'm going to start a tracker using information in here.
Well, all the Dreams were produced, but many sitting for carpet and glass. The GTs were being produced BUT Lucid was PROJECTING ERRONEOUS INFORMATION ON THE PRODUCTION PROGRESS VIA THE DAs.

Case in point - My DA was telling me that my car would have a VIN very soon and that I could expect delivery within the 2-4 month delivery window, which was the end of March. However, we have since found out they were still having massive supply chain issues. The Grey paint was problematic and they were struggling to ‘harmonize.‘ With all of that, there was no way my VIN assignment was even on the radar, let alone having the car actually delivered 5 weeks from those statements. My DA either was either completely in the dark about what was going on at the factory or flat out lied. Ditto for all the other DAs who were also providing rosy forecasts on VIN assignments. That information could not be suppressed forever and it became clear in March and April that the plant was having massive issues. Production slowed. It was stopped briefly due to a bolt issue. Supply chain issues for something, se don’t know exactly what, has limited GT throughput. QC issues delay deliveries as they have to get it right. I think a lot of the negatives are already out there for the Q1 call so maybe we will be positively surprised. However, it is appearing that VIN assignments are still slipping so I will remain negative on the ramp up.

The point made earlier by @hydbob about Lucid focusing on cars "produced" rather than "delivered" seems to be overwhelming the system with unfinished cars that, in some clear cases, should not pass PDI. Being that I'm 400 miles from a service center I'm going to make a point of telling my DA I want a thorough inspection before delivery!

I agree. I have told my DA that I want a competent and thorough PDI given the 600+ mile distance to the closest Service Center. Having them show up with a vehicle that might, knowingly require a trip back to the SC is not an option.

I just purchased an Ioniq 5 about 2 weeks ago. Insanely better than the Model Y and 3. Awaiting my GT as well of course
How do you like the Ioniq 5? I just ordered one and should be delivered in about two weeks.

How do you like the Ioniq 5? I just ordered one and should be delivered in about two weeks.
i frankly love it! It'll play second fiddle to the Lucid of course but in terms of wanting/having something to compare it to....drives and feels way more plush and quieter than our previous Model 3 or even Model Y for that matter! I'm astounded at the space you have in the trunk even when the second row is pushed as far back as possible. Pricing is good even with the $5k premium we had to pay. We got the base RWD SE version coz again, we didn't want an SEL or Limited in lieu of the upcoming GT. 2 years free EA charging and a 800V charging infrastructure, so objectively speaking it pretty much checks off all boxes. Oh but boo boo the frunk is practically non-existent. But again, didn't care for that from the start!

Back