Touring Delivery Tracker [Archive]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget the 360 camera view, which is also DDP only. That one is worth more to me than the blind spot display.
Sorry but I don't get what that does for me...and I find the LCID website really hard to find answers for this kind os issue...you guys with great tech depth are helping bridge that gap...

Sorry but I don't get what that does for me...and I find the LCID website really hard to find answers for this kind os issue...you guys with great tech depth are helping bridge that gap...
the 360 view? All the cameras generate a sphere of video around your car. You can activate it by hitting the parking symbol as long as you are driving less than 15 mph. It's adjustable so you can see all around your car. The blind spot display is the cameras which activate on the driver instrument panel when you activate your signal. This feature essentially removes the necessity for you to turn your head back to see if there is a car in your blind spot.

These two features are supposed to standard but they aren’t which is a shame actually.
i agree, especially at an air's price point. maybe they saw the backlash tesla got for charging 12k for a "software," and they can't justify just a lidar installation to be 9k, so they decided to move 2 tangible features to the DDP and sell it an actual upgrades, in addition to "future-proofing" the car.

i agree, especially at an air's price point. maybe they saw the backlash tesla got for charging 12k for a "software," and they can't justify just a lidar installation to be 9k, so they decided to move 2 tangible features to the DDP and sell it an actual upgrades, in addition to "future-proofing" the car.
My understanding is that DDP adds not only Lidar, but more cameras. 360 is not possible without all of those cameras. Maybe I’m mistaken on that, though.

The way I look at it, 9k on a $110k car is not a huge expense. Unlike FSD, DDP isn’t promising the moon. It’s giving you a couple of nice perks at present, and the possibility of a few other nice things down the line. At least they aren’t suggesting the car will drive itself by the end of the year.

To me, it’s the perfect example of something that should be an option for a car like the Touring or Air. Let each of us decide if it’s worth it or not. Bundle it in with the GT as an incentive to get the higher trim.

Seems like smart business to me.

A lot of people here seem to want a GT at the Touring price. That’s human nature, but it’s no way to run a business.

Still wish massage seats were an option on the Touring, too. I feel like Lucid is leaving money on the table with that one.

the 360 view? All the cameras generate a sphere of video around your car. You can activate it by hitting the parking symbol as long as you are driving less than 15 mph. It's adjustable so you can see all around your car. The blind spot display is the cameras which activate on the driver instrument panel when you activate your signal. This feature essentially removes the necessity for you to turn your head back to see if there is a car in your blind spot.
Oh, so you don't get that either with just DD? 9k extra on a 100k car.

My understanding is that DDP adds not only Lidar, but more cameras. 360 is not possible without all of those cameras. Maybe I’m mistaken on that, though.

The way I look at it, 9k on a $110k car is not a huge expense. Unlike FSD, DDP isn’t promising the moon. It’s giving you a couple of nice perks at present, and the possibility of a few other nice things down the line. At least they aren’t suggesting the car will drive itself by the end of the year.

To me, it’s the perfect example of something that should be an option for a car like the Touring or Air. Let each of us decide if it’s worth it or not. Bundle it in with the GT as an incentive to get the higher trim.

Seems like smart business to me.

A lot of people here seem to want a GT at the Touring price. That’s human nature, but it’s no way to run a business.

Still wish massage seats were an option on the Touring, too. I feel like Lucid is leaving money on the table with that one.
the DDP does give you more cameras, and that was confirmed by my SA too. maybe i'm in the minority here, but i just think the blind spot display is such a widespread feature in other cars that it shouldn't be locked behind this upgrade at this price (9k) and of this car caliber.

in a way, i think they were smart locking the massage chair behind the GT, because it really forced buyers to pay a "premium" with that jump. i just think that premium jump was too big to justify, and may have cost some reservation holders like me. if it was $20k or less, i think i would have done the jump...~$28k for massage chair, 100 miles more range (which has diminishing returns since this car already has crazy range), and more HP. i know there are a few more subtle differences, but those were probably the three biggest selling point differences.

but in general, i think you're right, at least with this 9k, 1) it's not as expensive as tesla 2) we're getting actual tangible upgrades, physical (lidar and more cameras) and software (360 and blind spot display)

Last edited:
but i just think the blind spot display is such a widespread feature in other cars that it shouldn't be locked behind this upgrade at this price (9k) and of this car caliber.
They need something tangible to differentiate DDP vs vanilla DD until (if ever) DDP actually does something. Shame it had to be something that would be unremarkable on an economy car.

the DDP does give you more cameras, and that was confirmed by my SA too. maybe i'm in the minority here, but i just think the blind spot display is such a widespread feature in other cars that it shouldn't be locked behind this upgrade at this price (9k) and of this car caliber.

in a way, i think they were smart locking the massage chair behind the GT, because it really forced buyers to pay a "premium" with that jump. i just think that premium jump was too big to justify, and may have cost some reservation holders like me. if it was $20k or less, i think i would have done the jump...~$28k for massage chair, 100 miles more range (which has diminishing returns since this car already has crazy range), and more HP. i know there are a few more subtle differences, but those were probably the three biggest selling point differences.

but in general, i think you're right, at least with this 9k, 1) it's not as expensive as tesla 2) we're getting actual tangible upgrades, physical (lidar and more cameras) and software (360 and blind spot display)
I agree. If it had been closer to a $20k difference, I would very likely have been talked into upgrading to GT. The more range would be welcome, but I actually like the lower footwell of the Touring. Sitting in the back of the GT, I felt it was roomier than any sedan I had been in for many years, and yet, that angle of your knees is noticeable.

Horsepower is nice, but realistically how often am I going to drive to those limits? I'm not as young and stupid as I once was. And at 3.5-second 0-60, the Touring is already going to be the fastest car I've ever owned, anyway.

In the end, I couldn't justify to myself $30k just to get the massage seats.

While inquiring about delivery dates and test drives, we got this reply;
Hi (deleted name),

The Touring is still projected to start production end of the year and you will lock in the pricing. Once production starts, we will reach out, From there we will be able to provide a better time frame for delivery.

Which Studio are you closest to for Test Drives?

I'm pretty sure this car won't arrive in 2022.

The above conversation was a result of the upgrade e-mail...and yeah, I'm staying put.

We received the same upgrade email today.
Reservation Confirmed: Dec 12, 2021: Touring, Black/Mojave, Glass roof, 20" wheels

Reservation DateColorInteriorUser
August 13, 2020RedSanta Cruz@PatrickZWang
September 5, 2020WhiteTahoe@MScott
October 14, 2020GreyMojave@hitmanray
October 14, 2020RedSanta Cruz@Dr Chill
November 8, 2020GreyMojave@Chillywill75
November 11, 2020WhiteMojave@vraj83
December 4, 2020BlackMojave@mallig
December 15, 2020RedTahoe@emoylv
March 4, 2021WhiteSanta Cruz@Volund
March 17, 2021GreyTahoe@Mac
March 19, 2021GreyTahoe@terrygone
May 14, 2021BlackTahoe@nikp
June 5, 2021RedSanta Cruz@ktloo_climate
June 17, 2021RedTahoe@SoCalAg
July 5, 2021GreyMojave@idiot900
July 6, 2021SilverMojave@ScottM
August 4, 2021RedMojave@AbsoluteZenith
August 12, 2021WhiteSanta Cruz@Stevepatek
August 25, 2021BlackSanta Cruz@bforeman
September 14, 2021BlackTahoe@Keithmaj
October 3, 2021RedTahoe@Bdejong11129
October 12, 2021WhiteSanta Cruz@Keith
October 20, 2021SilverMojave@Wilddreams22
October 31, 2021GreyMojave@Pax
November 14, 2021RedSanta Cruz@Ahntilza
November 15, 2021GreyMojave@Tim-in-CA
November 19, 2021WhiteTahoe@Corcord
November 20, 2021BlackMojave@Shuasha
December 1, 2021GreyTahoe@Bsmith
December 4, 2021White@moytoyx
December 4, 2021RedTahoe@Codyroo
December 31, 2021SilverTahoe@Napoli
January 1, 2022@croppy16
January 6, 2022RedSanta Cruz@704.Lucid
January 7, 2022SilverSanta Cruz@imrtc999
January 8, 2022GreyMojave@EVForever22
January 22, 2022BlackTahoe@mnewber1
February 2, 2022WhiteSanta Cruz@joec
February 11, 2022RedMojave@EVCar
February 19, 2022WhiteTahoe@Sid432
February 20, 2022RedSanta Cruz@Psymac
March 12, 2022GreyTahoe@digiboxer
March 21, 2022SilverTahoe@pdq
March 22, 2022RedTahoe@SCOOTERSD
March 23, 2022GreyTahoe@AllenS
March 29, 2022GreyMojave@LucidRider
March 29, 2022GreyMojave@tommy
April 7, 2022BlackTahoe@Slam08
April 12, 2022WhiteMojave@yashuneel
April 30, 2022BlackMojave@Jefferoo
May 4, 2022BlackSanta Cruz@RyanATX
May 9, 2022RedSanta Cruz@a.deodatus
May 25, 2022WhiteSanta Cruz@klo1313
May 28, 2022SilverMojave@DRWHO42
May 30, 2022RedTahoe@jackie.long
May 31, 2022RedSanta Cruz@Dr Chill
December 12, 2021. Black. Mojave. @Constitution1st

Terminology is now “later second half of the year”. Certainly doesn’t sound promising for Q3. Definitely doesn’t sound promising for more than 10 Pures produced in Q4 as they are still promising.

"The later second half of the year."

It's amazing to me the pretzels into which marketing and sales people will twist their words.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back