Total Eclipse anyone ?

I… just think I may be able to make it. I plan on driving to Indianapolis from Chicago, where I already happen to be 4/5-4/8.

Anyone else wanna join us in Indianapolis?
i live in indianapolis .. you should come to butler university who has arranged for safe viewing for public.

Weather looks good this far out ... so...I'm expecting snow. Decided to leave the A/S tires on for a few more weeks.
However I have booked a room at Bent's Opera House, in Medina, just in case.

I'm headed to Rochester area.

Have foil / will travel.

Interesting. Cleveland, Erie, and Rochester are all close to equidistant for me. I'm just waiting to let the weather tell me where to go. Bringing camping gear so we can sleep wherever we may end up. If we end up in the same area maybe my Cosmo...Hoe? will get to meet your Cosmo Cruz.

1711844431243.png
1711844507325.png

Show starts at 3 PM. Bring a beach chair and some snacks.

1712171236248.png

Now Stowe has the weather forecast for Rochester. As soon as I booked the room it changed.

Now Stowe has the weather forecast for Rochester. As soon as I booked the room it changed.
Weather is crazy right now. I'm waiting until Saturday to decide where to go. I'm not looking to book a room though, that would be rough.

I've probably mentioned this a few times. But I live in Buffalo. Weather forecast looks good as of now. If anyone is coming to Buffalo lmk if you want to meet up or if there's something I can help you with

Weather is crazy right now. I'm waiting until Saturday to decide where to go. I'm not looking to book a room though, that would be rough.
Oh, you haven't checked? Last night I decided to book a room half way up. I found a Fairfield with 5 rooms left. While I was looking for my credit card they all got booked.
Last week I was looking at the Hilton overlooking Niagara Falls. It was $1050 / night, but that includes a bagel.

Weird thing is, I keep checking Burlington, Vermont. Has the best forecast on the East Coast. Go figure...
The hotel I booked is 400 miles an no chargers from there, and the New York State thruway is closed, man.
1712179047397.jpeg

It's gonna be far out man.

Oh, you haven't checked? Last night I decided to book a room half way up. I found a Fairfield with 5 rooms left. While I was looking for my credit card they all got booked.
Last week I was looking at the Hilton overlooking Niagara Falls. It was $1050 / night, but that includes a bagel.

Weird thing is, I keep checking Burlington, Vermont. Has the best forecast on the East Coast. Go figure...
The hotel I booked is 400 miles an no chargers from there, and the New York State thruway is closed, man.
View attachment 19648
It's gonna be far out man.
Based on the Woodstock reference, here's a PSA- THC is legal for recreational use in NYS

I'm going to charge in Scranton and Binghamton and Syracuse, then hope for the best. It's a charger desert out there. Wondering what the scene at the eclipsed chargers will be ?

Will EVs even work during an eclipse ?

If all goes well, I'll hit my viewing spot at about 65%-69% and my plan is to charge up to about 80%-85% very early (in case there's a line), which should be more than enough for spending the day and then dealing with traffic or detours heading home. Good luck and happy viewing!

Interesting. Cleveland, Erie, and Rochester are all close to equidistant for me. I'm just waiting to let the weather tell me where to go. Bringing camping gear so we can sleep wherever we may end up. If we end up in the same area maybe my Cosmo...Hoe? will get to meet your Cosmo Cruz.
If you wind up somewhere near the Erie Canal, you may want to try camping around the canal grounds. Others might not have thought of those areas, and the small towns by the canal are pretty relaxed about it. There are even facilities near the locks. I have kayaked the canal a few times, and have even been allowed to pitch my tent right on the grounds of the locks. Now, that was with a boat, so they might not be as accommodating without one, but they are generally nice and relaxed folks. BTW, it's pretty cool when they happily cycle a big-ass lock for one little-ass kayak.

If you wind up somewhere near the Erie Canal, you may want to try camping around the canal grounds. Others might not have thought of those areas, and the small towns by the canal are pretty relaxed about it. There are even facilities near the locks. I have kayaked the canal a few times, and have even been allowed to pitch my tent right on the grounds of the locks. Now, that was with a boat, so they might not be as accommodating without one, but they are generally nice and relaxed folks. BTW, it's pretty cool when they happily cycle a big-ass lock for one little-ass kayak.
Thanks for the advice, but the way the cloud forecast has shifted I’m heading to northern Vermont instead. Hoping to find a spot in the green mountains national forest.

Thanks for the advice, but the way the cloud forecast has shifted I’m heading to northern Vermont instead. Hoping to find a spot in the green mountains national forest.
Well. that's a pretty nice area to go to... eclipse or not. Best of luck!

Back