Top Gear Sapphire Review + Rawlinson chat (video)

The Peter Rawlinson chat part was very interesting to me, and the TG crew is full of praise for the car. Edmunds need to take note of this... that's how you do a proper, unbiased review.

The Peter Rawlinson chat part was very interesting to me, and the TG crew is full of praise for the car. Edmunds need to take note of this... that's how you do a proper, unbiased review.
Ummm, not sure I agree with you. TG's review is on the Sapphire. Edmund's (ongoing) review is a long-term ownership review. I found Edmund's review much more realistic and informative to us as Lucid owners. Beyond the initial euphoria, many of the issues/annoyances cited in Edmund's review are what many users in this forum also encountered.

Ummm, not sure I agree with you. TG's review is on the Sapphire. Edmund's (ongoing) review is a long-term ownership review. I found Edmund's review much more realistic and informative to us as Lucid owners. Beyond the initial euphoria, many of the issues/annoyances cited in Edmund's review are what many users in this forum also encountered.
Nope , listen to their other reviews, clearly biased. They loved the BMW i7 over the Lucid because it made the back seat passengers butt feel nice….

They completely missed the point on efficiency, range, packaging, performance of the Lucid but praised the rear seat entertainment in the BMW- as if a driver is going to see that….bunch of low class amateurs should be ashamed, man would I like to wipe the smirk of their faces in a debate- Lucid vs BMW i7

I don't think you can get center-lock wheels for this car in a 19" size for all-season rubber, so I doubt if Edmunds will be putting the Sapphire up against any sports cars. They just wouldn't be able to get the result they want.

I don't think you can get center-lock wheels for this car in a 19" size for all-season rubber, so I doubt if Edmunds will be putting the Sapphire up against any sports cars. They just wouldn't be able to get the result they want.
No worries for them, they can always just put the tires at 93 PSI and go half throttle in smooth mode with the added bonus of footage showing the "unreliable" car blowing its tires up!

No worries for them, they can always just put the tires at 93 PSI and go half throttle in smooth mode with the added bonus of footage showing the "unreliable" car blowing its tires up!

Please, don't give them any ideas.

Nope , listen to their other reviews, clearly biased. They loved the BMW i7 over the Lucid because it made the back seat passengers butt feel nice….

They completely missed the point on efficiency, range, packaging, performance of the Lucid but praised the rear seat entertainment in the BMW- as if a driver is going to see that….bunch of low class amateurs should be ashamed, man would I like to wipe the smirk of their faces in a debate- Lucid vs BMW i7
If you count range and power alone, Lucid wins. And Edmund's reviews acknowledge these Lucid advantages. However, there is a lot more to just range and power.

To be clear, I am NOT a BMW fan. And I don't care for the BMW i7 styling inside and outside. My ex-wife drove a BMW and I used to own a Mercedes. In terms of cabin comfort and appointment, I'd rate German cars (BW/MB in particular) ahead of the Lucid. In terms of SW and responsiveness to defects and bugs, I'd rate MB/BNW/Lexus to be significantly ahead of Lucid. If you read the recent reviews, Lexus was rated as the "only acceptable" vehicle when it comes to Highway Assist. I had a 2017 Lexus (RX450H) for 6 years. It had all the same highway assist features as the Lucid (currently enabled) and HA on the my 2017 Lexus worked flawlessly.

I bought my Lucid because I was impressed with the power train engineering and the range. With respect to these two parameters, I agree Lucid is still the leader. However, when you consider the many parameters that make a car great (cabin appointment, software, features, reliability, etc.), Lucid still has a long ways to go. In my opinion, I think Edmund's long-term ownership review on the Lucid GT is fair. I personally encountered many of the same problems Edmunds cited. I don't see it as just disparaging the Lucid. Reality is, Lucid has a lot of improvement to make to run with the best in the business.

As owners (and shareholders) of Lucid, many of us on this forum want to see Lucid succeed. The best way to accomplish this is to help Lucid identify areas they need to improve. In turn, Lucid needs to be responsive to its customers, acknowledge the issues, and communicate its plans. to address

They say dont use your heart when you invest, use brains, well, after seeing this video, I just bought more LCID today. I just LOVE this company!

If you count range and power alone, Lucid wins. And Edmund's reviews acknowledge these Lucid advantages. However, there is a lot more to just range and power.

To be clear, I am NOT a BMW fan. And I don't care for the BMW i7 styling inside and outside. My ex-wife drove a BMW and I used to own a Mercedes. In terms of cabin comfort and appointment, I'd rate German cars (BW/MB in particular) ahead of the Lucid. In terms of SW and responsiveness to defects and bugs, I'd rate MB/BNW/Lexus to be significantly ahead of Lucid. If you read the recent reviews, Lexus was rated as the "only acceptable" vehicle when it comes to Highway Assist. I had a 2017 Lexus (RX450H) for 6 years. It had all the same highway assist features as the Lucid (currently enabled) and HA on the my 2017 Lexus worked flawlessly.

I bought my Lucid because I was impressed with the power train engineering and the range. With respect to these two parameters, I agree Lucid is still the leader. However, when you consider the many parameters that make a car great (cabin appointment, software, features, reliability, etc.), Lucid still has a long ways to go. In my opinion, I think Edmund's long-term ownership review on the Lucid GT is fair. I personally encountered many of the same problems Edmunds cited. I don't see it as just disparaging the Lucid. Reality is, Lucid has a lot of improvement to make to run with the best in the business.

As owners (and shareholders) of Lucid, many of us on this forum want to see Lucid succeed. The best way to accomplish this is to help Lucid identify areas they need to improve. In turn, Lucid needs to be responsive to its customers, acknowledge the issues, and communicate its plans. to address
Just look the lucid vs bmw i7 review….that made me realize how irresponsible unknowledgeable those reviewers are. I lost all respect for Edmund’s- hey, but the i7 coddles your but while you watch movies on a widescreen tv….bunch of amateurs.

You want real expert reviews, go to throttle house, top gear, savage geese. They understand the engineering and the car. Edmunds just understands how to keep your butt comfortable. Trim defects are expected in a brand new company. They completely missed what this car is about. Picking the i7 over the Lucid……where did Edmunds find this pair of clowns?

Back