Took delivery today. The good and the ugly of the process.

Ricetomeetyou

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid AT, Rivian R1S
Referral Code
XXOKDA0I
I took delivery today of my Air Touring. Absolutely stunning vehicle inside and out. So much fun to drive.

However, I had my phone walkthrough with Lucid and brought up several panel gaps. He agreed that they seemed quite off. Hopefully they can get fixed. How bad are these attached photos? Is it just me?
IMG_20230331_142011.jpg
IMG_20230331_141844.jpg
IMG_20230331_135535_02.jpg
IMG_20230331_141838.jpg
IMG_20230331_141837.jpg

During the walkthrough, I asked about avatar on my phone not syncing with the vehicle avatar. They made me log out of the vehicle profile and from there we could not log in after that. So weird that even factory reset isn't an option because it has to be logged into a profile for that. Soft and hard resets didn't work. Has this happened to anyone else?

I do not think that is just you. Those gaps look bad. What did they say when you asked to get it fixed?

I do not think that is just you. Those gaps look bad. What did they say when you asked to get it fixed?
He documented everything when I sent pictures and said he wouldn't be satisfied if he paid that much for a car either. Filled up the "due sheet" that documents issues that need to be fixed.

One interesting thing was the back tail light plastic between the trunk and the window. Tons of swirl marks from when they must have been polishing. I feel good that they will fix the issues, just sucks that I'm in MN and not sure if it will have to be shipped to Chicago.
IMG20230331140154.jpg

The gap on your front bumper is excessive, they should fix that. The gap at the trunk, while not wonderful appearing, is very standard due to the way the trunk seals. I think mine is slightly wider at the bottom. I expect they may redesign/retool the trunk lid in the future, that’s just the way it is now, and it won’t leak. For the profile log-in, maybe reset your password on the Lucid site first, then see if you can log in to the car, then try and log in to the phone app and see if you can pair your phone as a mobile key? If you have the mobile app up and working, text service and explain you cannot log into the car no matter what you try and see if they can walk you through stuff over the phone?

I took delivery today of my Air Touring. Absolutely stunning vehicle inside and out. So much fun to drive.

However, I had my phone walkthrough with Lucid and brought up several panel gaps. He agreed that they seemed quite off. Hopefully they can get fixed. How bad are these attached photos? Is it just me?View attachment 11048View attachment 11049View attachment 11050View attachment 11051View attachment 11052

During the walkthrough, I asked about avatar on my phone not syncing with the vehicle avatar. They made me log out of the vehicle profile and from there we could not log in after that. So weird that even factory reset isn't an option because it has to be logged into a profile for that. Soft and hard resets didn't work. Has this happened to anyone else?
I have same touring coming in few weeks.

This video reviews the quality of exterior and interior. But Yes front looks little off, what did they say they were gonna do to the car or fix? time frame?

I have same touring coming in few weeks.

This video reviews the quality of exterior and interior. But Yes front looks little off, what did they say they were gonna do to the car or fix? time frame?
They were just documenting everything on the "due sheet". No word on when things will be fixed because we ran into an issue during the walkthrough where we couldn't log back in.

The gap on your front bumper is excessive, they should fix that. The gap at the trunk, while not wonderful appearing, is very standard due to the way the trunk seals. I think mine is slightly wider at the bottom. I expect they may redesign/retool the trunk lid in the future, that’s just the way it is now, and it won’t leak. For the profile log-in, maybe reset your password on the Lucid site first, then see if you can log in to the car, then try and log in to the phone app and see if you can pair your phone as a mobile key? If you have the mobile app up and working, text service and explain you cannot log into the car no matter what you try and see if they can walk you through stuff over the phone?
After over 8 hours of tinkering with this and that, speaking with The delivery advisor, having me soft reset, hard reset, talk to customer care and try some more things, I was told that it needs to be escalated to a regional advisor who would have remote capabilities. They said if that didn't work, they would have to look into towing it. Not once did they mention to go into a computer and log in to Lucid's website.

THEN I SAW THIS POST.

I logged into the Lucid website (didn't change password) and went to my profile. The profile had only my first name in it with my last name empty. I remember trying to switch it in the app so both my wife and I'd profiles would just say our first name so it didn't look weird. I remember entering my first name l and then using the spacebar one time in the last name box. That must have broke the system. Fixing the website profile allowed me to login right away on the car and everything is good again. Thanks for even mentioning logging into the website!

Bottom line, don't use only a space in the Lucid app name boxes because it doesn't like that.

He documented everything when I sent pictures and said he wouldn't be satisfied if he paid that much for a car either. Filled up the "due sheet" that documents issues that need to be fixed.

One interesting thing was the back tail light plastic between the trunk and the window. Tons of swirl marks from when they must have been polishing. I feel good that they will fix the issues, just sucks that I'm in MN and not sure if it will have to be shipped to Chicago.View attachment 11058
While I know you don't want the car shipped to Chicago; but I have to tell you the general staff the and techs working at Goose Island will do some great work aligning those front body gaps and whatever else you need corrected.

As others have stated the rear trunk lid does have a slightly wider gap at the bottom as compared to the top part of the lid, the techs might be able to balance yours out a little better.

After over 8 hours of tinkering with this and that, speaking with The delivery advisor, having me soft reset, hard reset, talk to customer care and try some more things, I was told that it needs to be escalated to a regional advisor who would have remote capabilities. They said if that didn't work, they would have to look into towing it. Not once did they mention to go into a computer and log in to Lucid's website.

THEN I SAW THIS POST.

I logged into the Lucid website (didn't change password) and went to my profile. The profile had only my first name in it with my last name empty. I remember trying to switch it in the app so both my wife and I'd profiles would just say our first name so it didn't look weird. I remember entering my first name l and then using the spacebar one time in the last name box. That must have broke the system. Fixing the website profile allowed me to login right away on the car and everything is good again. Thanks for even mentioning logging into the website!

Bottom line, don't use only a space in the Lucid app name boxes because it doesn't like that.
Stupid technology haha. Glad this fixed it! So many times I find technical problems aren’t caused by any device or software failure, but simply by a typo (a space in your case) or other infinitesimal communication error. A case in point is if you search for Dolby Atmos in Tidal you won’t find many songs, but if you search for (Dolby Atmos) you’ll find plenty, because they titled the songs that way and it didn’t occur to them that a parenthesis must be included in the search term if that’s how it was titled. 🤦‍♂️

Back