Took delivery last Friday! Thoughts on week one and unfortunate problem last night.

I had one instance where the car had dramatically reduced power for about 5 min but then it fixed itself, and that was more than 4,000 miles ago. As far as the neutral switch, that happened in my Mercedes on the highway, I think it was an accidental bump while I was steering? I did have to fuss with the stalk to get it out of N. There was also zero warning from the car it was in neutral. A separate time the car stalled on the interstate due to the fuel tank cap being cracked and sucking air into the system (this was Mercedes’ explanation). In spite of these two frightening events I did not demand Mercedes give me a new car or rake them over the coals or freak out on them that an expensive car failed on the interstate (which is a serious event, not trying to minimize whatever happened to this Lucid). I think maybe people are freaking out on Lucid because they are new and they’re nervous about them not yet having a stable vehicle?

I had one instance where the car had dramatically reduced power for about 5 min but then it fixed itself, and that was more than 4,000 miles ago. As far as the neutral switch, that happened in my Mercedes on the highway, I think it was an accidental bump while I was steering? I did have to fuss with the stalk to get it out of N. There was also zero warning from the car it was in neutral. A separate time the car stalled on the interstate due to the fuel tank cap being cracked and sucking air into the system (this was Mercedes’ explanation). In spite of these two frightening events I did not demand Mercedes give me a new car or rake them over the coals or freak out on them that an expensive car failed on the interstate (which is a serious event, not trying to minimize whatever happened to this Lucid). I think maybe people are freaking out on Lucid because they are new and they’re nervous about them not yet having a stable vehicle?
People certainly are a bit nervous, myself included. But I will say, that each day I have driven , I have become more relaxed with the car. Figured out a couple more seemingly simple tasks this evening. Connecting to my phones Bluetooth took some finagling as it wouldn’t work right away. After reading the instructions a gizzilion times and then turning my phone on and off and then randomly doing several other things that I cannot recall , it finally connected🤣🤣🤣🤣.
And of course I floored it again without warning my wife; I think she has caught on to me now.

Leaving aside whatever happened last night, the car really is amazing and I am really happy I got it. It is not perfect - but no car is just like none if us humans are. If it is the right match for your needs (and pockets) 🙄 do not be afraid to get it. I have every confidence that Lucid will make the changes they need to make to improve the areas that can be “upgraded “. So here are my thoughts leaving aside my small “issue”

Music: to be honest, I don’t really know what people are griping about without CarPlay. I love CarPlay and I’m looking forward to having it. However I have no problem playing music using the Bluetooth feature. I play Apple Music, Sirius and Pandora without issue. The display is not integrated so doesn’t control well on the car and it works best if I initiate with phone but it gets the job done fine until Car Play comes along

Alexa: I have had no luck with Alexa. She can’t seem to follow a single command. However I use Apple and I just use Siri and Siri gets the job done fine. I tell her to call a contact and she calls them And I hear them over the car speakers no issues.

AC: The AC is not as good as my Audi. There’s no question that the vents aren’t as big and aren’t as powerful, and I have to run with the fan speed relatively high and the temperature relatively low for much longer time to get my car cool. It is also the case, that the car is very hot if you are sitting stationary in it in the sun in the heat. There’s no getting around this fact. I was not planning on tinting originally, but I am considering it now. It is much better when driving rather than stationary and I try to use maintain cabin temperature set somewhere in the upper 70s to keep the car from baking when I get out of it to shop or run errands. I keep it the garage and look for shady parking at all times. When I heard people complaining about this, I figured they just liked their car really cold. Nope that’s not it. I keep my Audi said it’s 78 and I keep Luci set at some thing like 72 to 74.

Wipers: I agree with others that these need work wipers low didn’t seem to wipe at all wipers high was OK but not great. We were driving down the highway yesterday in a deluge and I had to do manual high and it was not fast enough to really keep up. Of course in South Florida it’s tricky to keep up with the torrents but the high is not as fast as my Audi.

App: The only other challenges I have had are controlling the car with the app on occasion. I often get a vehicle off-line error, and I have not tried to get to the root of the cause of it. I live in an area with a very poor cell signal, although the garage has Wi-Fi. I don’t know if the cell signal is the issue. I also often have difficulty with turning on maintain cabin temp using the app. The turn on button does not turn on the remote climate – What does seem to work is changing the temperature on the remote climate in the app and that always turns on the remote climate - but hitting the turn on button almost never does.

My general view is the car is exceptional and I am happy to live with its quirks. As an interesting point of reference, my son said “Mom, I never thought I could love a car but I love Luci”
Lol, my kids say "Mom's crazy. She loves a car".

These are scary issues and things will get out as more people finally get frustrated once they get over the Euphoria of the Drive. We had a less scary experience yesterday when the car would not go on drive and wanted a code after we had already driven it 65 miles with me the owner had the phone in the back seat and the key fob in my pocket in a farraday pouch. I had to hand the phone up front and took my key fob out of the farraday and that fixed the issue.

So in these situations should I have the key fob in the front so this does not happen again. Lucid needs to fix these issues quickly.

sorry to hear the Lady’s issue, that was bizarre so we should only drive in the extreme right or left lanes??

These are scary issues and things will get out as more people finally get frustrated once they get over the Euphoria of the Drive. We had a less scary experience yesterday when the car would not go on drive and wanted a code after we had already driven it 65 miles with me the owner had the phone in the back seat and the key fob in my pocket in a farraday pouch. I had to hand the phone up front and took my key fob out of the farraday and that fixed the issue.

So in these situations should I have the key fob in the front so this does not happen again. Lucid needs to fix these issues quickly.

sorry to hear the Lady’s issue, that was bizarre so we should only drive in the extreme right or left lanes??
That happens when it doesn’t recognize the fob or phone. You could’ve just put in the code?

the key fob in my pocket in a farraday pouch. I had to hand the phone up front and took my key fob out of the farraday and that fixed the issue.
What did you expect? You've deliberately put a block in place for a device that the car needs to communicate with.

Any "keyless ignition" vehicle requires access to the key to start, and if it's in a Faraday pouch that inherently removes access to it. Weird that you'd use that while driving - I can understand using it at home to prevent unnecessary wakes during the evening/overnight.

Sounds like he uses the phone as a mobile key and had the fob along for backup. Car lost contact with the phone and deeded some sort of key (PIN or Fob). My phone hasn't worked as a mobile key for weeks. Strange thing now though is that the car appears to recognize that the phone is near and the screen inside comes on briefly and the fans spool up, but the car does not unlock.

Sounds like he uses the phone as a mobile key and had the fob along for backup. Car lost contact with the phone and deeded some sort of key (PIN or Fob). My phone hasn't worked as a mobile key for weeks. Strange thing now though is that the car appears to recognize that the phone is near and the screen inside comes on briefly and the fans spool up, but the car does not unlock.
The ONLY time the car will/should ask you for a PIN is if you unlock the car via the app. If it unlocks via the mobile key it will/should not ask you for a PIN. Methinks Sam unlocked the car with the app and not just via mobile key. Also, yea key in a Faraday bag....🤦‍♂️

The ONLY time the car will/should ask you for a PIN is if you unlock the car via the app. If it unlocks via the mobile key it will/should not ask you for a PIN. Methinks Sam unlocked the car with the app and not just via mobile key. Also, yea key in a Faraday bag....🤦‍♂️
It did not to begin with. As I said in the original post we drove over 65 miles like that before all of a sudden it lost connection with the App on the phone. I was just describing a situation that can happen. I usually have to unlock the Car with the App. It does not recognize my Mobile key especially when I am out and about. On occasion I have waited several minutes by the car hoping it would recognize the Mobile key. For me it seems to be a crap shoot.

Last edited:
That is absolutely correct. Oh intersting about your second sentence. Ialways joke that the car recognizes the phone when its in my pocket and take out the trash but its 50:50 when I actually go to the Car to drive it 😂

It did not to begin with. As I said in the original post we drove over 65 miles like that before all of a sudden it lost connection with the App on the phone. I was just describing a situation that can happen. I usually have to unlock the Car with the App. It does not recognize my Mobile key especially when I am out and about. On occasion I have waited several minutes by the car hoping it would recognize the Mobile key. For me it seems to be a crap shoot.
Do you keep your Bluetooth and location services always on and able to run in the background? Also keeping the Lucid app able to run in the background and not get put to sleep?

Do you keep your Bluetooth and location services always on and able to run in the background? Also keeping the Lucid app able to run in the background and not get put to sleep?
Yes everything is always on.

Attachments

• 4AAD4AAF-FCF5-4084-AF17-91DB32DD7865.jpeg
    4AAD4AAF-FCF5-4084-AF17-91DB32DD7865.jpeg
    323 KB · Views: 89
Yes everything is always on.
Then my suggestion along with every other user with Mobile Key issues, use the fob until Lucid can make it stable. Also, don't put it in Faraday pouch.

Even though our Luci gave a 12V warning it still had 12V power as well, but same immediate shut down. Ours at just over 900 miles and immediately following a DCFC. So glad everyone was able to exit safely. I tried to explain to Lucid management this is a serious safety issue and was fed party line language. I am afraid at some point NHTSA will have to get involved before they take these failures seriously. Please keep us updated on the diagnosis, ours is now having the HV battery replaced as did @Pete44.

I never use the mobile key, only the Fob and I have had ZERO issues. I only open the app to check on or start the charging. Have heard from the service department that if you have the mobile key open and the Fob in range that the car gets confused and can cause problems.

I had one of the techs from Atlanta drop by yesterday to fix a trunk lid screech as well as pull a file for engineering related to the Mobile Key issue many are facing. Evidently, there is a "firmware" fix coming in the not-to-distant future that will address this as it is not "uncommon".

I had one of the techs from Atlanta drop by yesterday to fix a trunk lid screech as well as pull a file for engineering related to the Mobile Key issue many are facing. Evidently, there is a "firmware" fix coming in the not-to-distant future that will address this as it is not "uncommon".
Did he just cut away part of the rubber?

Back