Today 4.6 mi/khw smooth ride

hwangcpa7

Cars
Lucid Pure AWD
Referral Code
EFYW3CTW
Today 4.6 mi/khw smooth ride mostly on highway 10W in Los Angeles
IMG_2814.jpeg

That's pretty impressive. What was your speed? Flat or downhill?

You're likely not wrong. I was surprised a couple months ago when I got 4.5 mi/kwh over 116 mi since last charge when taking my wife round trip from Northern VA to the Baltimore Airport on a Friday evening. It was largely stop and go, probably really did average 35 mph, but at least there was the bright spot of high effciency.

Today 4.6 mi/khw smooth ride mostly on highway 10W in Los Angeles
View attachment 17127
OK, I'm impressed, and I hate to be that guy - but good lord, please clean your screen 😱

It took me a minute to figure out the forum snow wasn't stuck 🤣

That's pretty impressive. What was your speed? Flat or downhill?
It’s mostly flat with avg 55 on the highway. Probably I’m gentle today. The trip back to home was lower as the speed up to 80 I think avg 65 and 4.1 mi/khw. It’s 19” wheel so I just try to see if it could be more efficient than mini cooper SE, which I got avg 4.0 for the same route. But I got avg 3.6 in the first week of Dec for the same commute, just wonder it’s the software updates or the whether changes to cooler without not much consumption for AC in LA.

The best numbers I received so far is 5.6 miles/kwh. I am making this number between Pleasanton- Fremont at Neils Canyon Road in the Bay area. Avarage speed 40-45mph . Touring with 20inch wheels

Attachments

• IMG_8002.jpeg
    IMG_8002.jpeg
    521.5 KB · Views: 78
3.9 kW, 3.8 kW, 4.6 kW and 5.6 kW are numbers I only dream about achieving. First, I have 21's. Second, I drive too damn fast averaging 70 mph to 75 mph on 98% of my highway drives. Finally, it's too cold here with too many elevation changes. My summer average never went past 3.5 kW.

You're likely not wrong. I was surprised a couple months ago when I got 4.5 mi/kwh over 116 mi since last charge when taking my wife round trip from Northern VA to the Baltimore Airport on a Friday evening. It was largely stop and go, probably really did average 35 mph, but at least there was the bright spot of high effciency.
On 95, thru DC, to BWI in stop and go DMV traffic? Impressive indeed!!

OK, I'm impressed, and I hate to be that guy - but good lord, please clean your screen 😱

It took me a minute to figure out the forum snow wasn't stuck 🤣

Oh, so that’s what that is - “forum snow”! I thought I had tapped a button my keyboard by mistake. Again.

I've gotten 4.8 driving on I5 from San Diego north. to LA. Not flat, but not very big hills. I just kept speed between 65 and 70. No pictures, as I didn't have a passenger to take it.

I've gotten 4.8 driving on I5 from San Diego north. to LA. Not flat, but not very big hills. I just kept speed between 65 and 70. No pictures, as I didn't have a passenger to take it.
I've tried that and people were flying by me like I was standing still. I almost feel like I'm posing a hazard!

The best numbers I received so far is 5.6 miles/kwh. I am making this number between Pleasanton- Fremont at Neils Canyon Road in the Bay area. Avarage speed 40-45mph . Touring with 20inch wheels
i'm pretty sure that's downhill from Pleasanton to Fremont

I've tried that and people were flying by me like I was standing still. I almost feel like I'm posing a hazard!
It's the reason why I can't drive under 70. Then one day someone passed me and had the audacity to look over at me while passing. Ugh!

These cars have such good high speed stability, that's why you feel like you're going slow, kind of the way you felt driving german sedans in the older days compared to cheaper hondas/toyotas

Yeah, I stayed in the right lane and let them fly by. I couldn't keep it up for more than 25 miles, it's just too hard in this car. I just wanted to see what kind of numbers the car would get at that speed. If I'm driving my old car, it really doesn't want to go faster than 65mph up an incline. Even that is pushing the engine to the edge of where it's happy. I still drive the Elantra a few times a month, so I'm not totally unused to driving slow and letting people pass me.

I drive between San Diego and Los Angeles three or four times a month. 65 mph feels like crawling. I couldn’t tolerate driving at that speed, the whole way. So I’ll probably never see numbers like yours.

In another thread I related how I drove about 60 miles at 60 mph. My efficiency for that stretch was only 3.1 miles per kWh. However, I was driving up a long incline, the roads were wet, it was windy and rainy outside, and the outside air temperature was only in the low 50s fahrenheit.

I drive between San Diego and Los Angeles three or four times a month. 65 mph feels like crawling. I couldn’t tolerate driving at that speed, the whole way. So I’ll probably never see numbers like yours.

In another thread I related how I drove about 60 miles at 60 mph. My efficiency for that stretch was only 3.1 miles per kWh. However, I was driving up a long incline, the roads were wet, it was windy and rainy outside, and the outside air temperature was only in the low 50s fahrenheit.
Just got back from a 332 mile round trip to northern LA. Average speed 70, 4 adults in the car with AC on front and rear. Average efficiency 3.5. Car is such a pleasure to drive. I don't like cars that steer for me, but I used ACC which was quite smooth and predictable.

IMG_6079 Large.jpeg

Just got back from a 332 mile round trip to northern LA. Average speed 70, 4 adults in the car with AC on front and rear. Average efficiency 3.5. Car is such a pleasure to drive. I don't like cars that steer for me, but I used ACC which was quite smooth and predictable.

View attachment 17232
I'm impressed. I don't think I could keep it that slow for 330 miles!

Back