Tires

Don't know. Will post if I learn more.
Yea now that you guys are bringing it up, I should look into a tire repair kit before my next road trip...

The issue is an unexpected occurrence, not a planned need to use a replacement vehicle. Having extra cars in the garage won't be much help with a flat on the road.

The full-size wheel weighs approximately 35 pounds, I understand. I had asked Lucid whether a donut would fit in the trunk or frunk inset and was told No. I have not measured my DE specifically for a full 19" spare wheel or potential donut, since it is being wrapped. Not sure how well a donut would work for anything more than a short, low-speed run to a Lucid service center (when they are more abundant); a location where you could be serviced by Lucid's mobile service network; or just home. I might opt for the Conti kit as an efficient compromise. Never used one: https://www.continental-tires.com/car/tires/continental-spare-parts/contimobilitykit
Haha just looked it's not rated for 21" tires... :(

Does the Air have a 12v lighter plug outlet and/or a A/C power outlet?

The frunk could carry the spare no problem
I have the performance model with 21” wheels. I measured the trunk and frunk a full size spare will not fit. I hope Lucid will design a mini spare solution that can be purchased. I live in a very rural mountainous area where there’s more square mile without cell coverage than with. This is a big deal to me.

I have the performance model with 21” wheels. I measured the trunk and frunk a full size spare will not fit. I hope Lucid will design a mini spare solution that can be purchased. I live in a very rural mountainous area where there’s more square mile without cell coverage than with. This is a big deal to me.
Let Customer Care know and ask them to follow up with you on an answer.

I’m referring to the lower stow area.

The issue is an unexpected occurrence, not a planned need to use a replacement vehicle. Having extra cars in the garage won't be much help with a flat on the road.

The full-size wheel weighs approximately 35 pounds, I understand. I had asked Lucid whether a donut would fit in the trunk or frunk inset and was told No. I have not measured my DE specifically for a full 19" spare wheel or potential donut, since it is being wrapped. Not sure how well a donut would work for anything more than a short, low-speed run to a Lucid service center (when they are more abundant); a location where you could be serviced by Lucid's mobile service network; or just home. I might opt for the Conti kit as an efficient compromise. Never used one: https://www.continental-tires.com/car/tires/continental-spare-parts/contimobilitykit
American site:

I assumed, incorrectly, that the tires on my DE were run-flat because there is no spare. Well, they are not. You must call Lucid road-side support if you get a flat.

Our other cars without spares have run-flat tires.

Maybe this is common on EVs, but not sure I like it.
Run Flats are heavier than regular tires, so EVs don't use it, will reduce range significantly

Everyone should visit "modernspare.com". This company offers compact spares for a wide variety of vehicles along with a compact tool kit that includes a low-profile jack that works well with the Tesla. Currently, this company has not created tires for the Lucid but may offer one in the future. I DO NOT have this system but may look closely at this choice when the time comes that my Lucid arrives. QUESTION for Dream Edition owners: Any chance the large frunk could hold a compact spare tire??
I emailed them couple of weeks ago. They said they will have this available in the near future. If more people contact them, maybe they can speed it up.

Yeah, I haven’t heard of an EV with run-flats. I agree it isn’t ideal, though run flats tend to be pretty noisy and give a rough ride. But it isn’t limited to Lucid.

Some run flats are noisy, my Lexus LC 500 convertible came with Michelin Super Sports for Summer and I got a second set of wheels and Pirelli Sotto Zero 3 tires for winter, both run flats and they are wonderful

My understanding is Lucid will dispatch either one of their mobile service vans, if available in your area, or engage immediate service via the third-party network of https://www.geturgently.com/.

Until Lucid's own mobile service network is built out (of course, will take a while), routine stuff like flats will likely be accommodated via the Urgently platform.
Has this information been verified?

Has this information been verified?
This information was provided to me by CC shortly before my post. As is possible, this might have changed.

Back